[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Just offered Galloway for Driver

Steelhead

I was just offered Galloway for Driver. The Galloway owner has 3 of his 5 WRs on bye this week (AJ, Stallworth, Galloway). We have to start 3 so he’s short and needs the win because he’s in a 3 way tie for his division lead. Currently my starters would be Steve Smith, Driver, Engram with Harrison and Hackett on the bench

With the trade my starters this week would be Smith, Engram, and Hackett with Harrison and Galloway on the bench. I am in a must win game this week against my division lead so I have 3 questions to ponder:

1. Is Galloway a definite upgrade over Driver?

2. Is it too risky to start Engram and Hackett vs Engram and Driver? I started Engram and Hackett with Driver last week and got away with a win.

3. Should I squeeze him for more?

My team

QB - Kitna, Warner

RB - Gore, Henry, White, Young

WR - Harrison, Steve Smith, Driver, Engram, Hackett

TE - Witten

K - Reed

DEF - Ravens, Redskins

His team

QB - Palmer, Pennington

RB - SJax, T Jones, B Jackson, F Taylor

WR - AJ, Stallworth, Galloway, Curtis, S Moss

TE - Watson

K - Dawson

DEF - Cowboys, Bills

I was just offered Galloway for Driver. The Galloway owner has 3 of his 5 WRs on bye this week (AJ, Stallworth, Galloway). We have to start 3 so he’s short and needs the win because he’s in a 3 way tie for his division lead. Currently my starters would be Steve Smith, Driver, Engram with Harrison and Hackett on the bench

With the trade my starters this week would be Smith, Engram, and Hackett with Harrison and Galloway on the bench. I am in a must win game this week against my division lead so I have 3 questions to ponder:

1. Is Galloway a definite upgrade over Driver?

2. Is it too risky to start Engram and Hackett vs Engram and Driver? I started Engram and Hackett with Driver last week and got away with a win.

3. Should I squeeze him for more?

My team

QB - Kitna, Warner

RB - Gore, Henry, White, Young

WR - Harrison, Steve Smith, Driver, Engram, Hackett

TE - Witten

K - Reed

DEF - Ravens, Redskins

His team

QB - Palmer, Pennington

RB - SJax, T Jones, B Jackson, F Taylor

WR - AJ, Stallworth, Galloway, Curtis, S Moss

TE - Watson

K - Dawson

DEF - Cowboys, Bills

In my opinion, Galloway is a slight upgrade over Driver, but I don't think it's a big enough upgrade to force starting two receivers from the same team like you'd have to do with Engram and Hackett.

Only way I'd do this trade is if Harrison somehow plays this weekend.

Their yardage number are close (564 for Galloway and 539 for Driver), but Driver has only 1 TD on the season so far, and Favre has 13 on the year. Clearly Driver is no longer his favorite target, especially in the red zone. Galloway on the other hand is the most targetted Buc WR and has 5 TDs and is much more consistent in his yardage week to week (one 7 yard week aside). I'd do this deal and roll with Engram and Hackett this week, then play Galloway after that.

Good luck.

Originally he offered me Stallworth for Driver and I told him I was interested in Galloway. Should I counter with Engram or Hackett for Galloway instead of Driver?

Or shoud I throw in WAS def to try to get Cowboys??

Edited by Steelhead

On pure potential alone, I'd say get rid of Driver. Engram and Hackett can both produce and if anything happens to one or the other, you still have the starting number 1 WR in Sea, especially with virtually no running game.

I like Galloway over Stallworth because Donte is either the 3rd or 4th option in the passing game, with Watson being the other one. Moss and Welker are going to get the majority of the looks in NE, so you only get the scraps from Stallworth.

Galloway is the first and basically only option in TB. Hilliard is there, but he's not poaching too many catches from Galloway, like Jennings and Jones are from Driver.

Should I just accept the trade as is or try to swap DEF. I really don't like having to rely on the Ravens the rest of the way and WAS has been disappointing the last 2 weeks. Dallas is playing very well but I dont want to piss off the owner. Though he clearly needs to make a move this week with only 2 of his WRs playing this week.

I'd love to get Palmer and Galloway for Kitna and Driver but I know that's a pipe dream.

On pure potential alone, I'd say get rid of Driver. Engram and Hackett can both produce and if anything happens to one or the other, you still have the starting number 1 WR in Sea, especially with virtually no running game.

I like Galloway over Stallworth because Donte is either the 3rd or 4th option in the passing game, with Watson being the other one. Moss and Welker are going to get the majority of the looks in NE, so you only get the scraps from Stallworth.

Galloway is the first and basically only option in TB. Hilliard is there, but he's not poaching too many catches from Galloway, like Jennings and Jones are from Driver.

+1....and I do like the Dallas Def over Was if you can get them...good luck.

Am I better off this week starting Smith, Driver, Engram or Smith, Engram, Hackett? I really need this win and doing this trade could kill my chances if SEA gets stuffed on MNF. Here's my opponent's lineup. It is probably too much firepower for me to win so I am worrying over nothing...

My opponent this week

QB - Losman

RB - Westbrook, Addai,

WR - Mason, Chambers, James Jones

TE - Winslow

K - Lindell

DEF - Lions

My lineup with the trade

QB - Kitna

RB - White and either Gore/Henry/Young

WR - Steve Smith, Engram, Hackett (possibly Marvin)

TE - Witten

K - Reed

DEF - Redskins

Thanks SH, I can always count on you to offer your opinion...

I think you made out. Favres younger toys (Jennings and Jones) are gaining his confidence, while Driver is turning into a posession rec. Galloway will have off weeks but will get you more TD's.

Thanks SH, I can always count on you to offer your opinion...

I think you made out. Favres younger toys (Jennings and Jones) are gaining his confidence, while Driver is turning into a posession rec. Galloway will have off weeks but will get you more TD's.

+1

I think Galloway is a good choice.. better than DD for sure !

Galloway is way more talented, only things been slowing him down is the double coverage