[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Illinois vs. Ohio State

Rockerbraves

FACT SEC went 1-3 vs Big Ten all of last year, 2 of them bowl losses. So the SEC theory doesn't hold up. If it did, then certainly they would have fared better in the last 10 years vs Big Ten. I'm certain the SEC probably has DOMINATED in the last 10 years. Right? I mean my gosh, it's the SEC.

Nice try, but you're referring to the teams regarded as being in the top 6 Big 10 teams against the bottom 4 SEC teams and they still managed a win. Catch the logic now? Place the same 3 Big 10 teams you tout against LSU, Florida, and Auburn of the same year search your own knowledge of football and tell me what you believe the outcome is. Let's compare apples to apples realistically. I'm not saying that the Big 10 is totally crap, but these two conferences like all men are not created equal. Simply real talk...

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FACT SEC went 1-3 vs Big Ten all of last year, 2 of them bowl losses. So the SEC theory doesn't hold up. If it did, then certainly they would have fared better in the last 10 years vs Big Ten. I'm certain the SEC probably has DOMINATED in the last 10 years. Right? I mean my gosh, it's the SEC.

I root for the SEC but when you come right down to it, I don't care if the the SEC went 1-9 against the Big 10, so long as Florida beats OSU 44-14.

New England would have 3 losses by now if they had to play in the SEC.

You are wise beyond what most can comprehend.

The Capital 1 Bowl for example, in theory places Big Ten #2 vs SEC #2. Go on down to Outback which is typically Big Ten #3 vs SEC #3. Just research it, tell me what you come up with. Both conferences usually put 2 BCS teams in so it gets a little wacked out, but your theory simply doesn't hold up to the facts. In fact only 3 of the years has the Big Ten not sent 2 BCS Bowl teams, 2000, 2001, and 2004. So to say its Big Ten #2 or #3 vs SEC #6 is just a flat out lie, and please, don't come on here with that garbage.

I root for the SEC but when you come right down to it, I don't care if the the SEC went 1-9 against the Big 10, so long as Florida beats OSU 44-14.

I feel the same way about my Iowa Hawkwyes, however when a foolio like this comes on and says something dumb, then I feel the need to tell him that he indeed said something dumb.

:D

Mmm... facts

LSU has faced 6 ranked teams thus far this season, losing to 1, Kentucky

OU has faced 2 ranked teams winning both, but losing to an unranked Colorado team

OSU has faced 2 ranked teams, losing to an unranked Wisconsin team

Many here are saying Georgia would destroy LSU. Interesting, so what would they do to OU/OSU? Ergo, give me ANY SEC team against either OU or OSU and once again it's a wrap. It's easy to look consistent when you're challenged once a month -maybe- on your schedule.

Playing it out on the field never lies. These same OU and OSU programs were supposed to be class of college FB in the past several years, right up until they actually played somebody. Reputation and past accomplishments never beat anyone, especially if you're playing a school from a conference that pits the best of the best against each other EVERY week. Can't wait to pick this one up in January.

Sad though, I was looking forward to the "long layoff" diatribe again to explain away a beautiful beatdown.

Ignorance all around

LSU faced trash.

Bama just got punked again, this time by Miss St

Auburn lost for what the 4th time now, and they are suppose to be ranked. Just shows how bad the rankings have been to date.

Kentucky almost lost to Vanderbilt,

And this was just today in the mighty SEC

The SEC is the most over rated conference in the country. They desrve maybe 2 or 3 rated teams total, and their best GA is ranked about where it should be. LSU should be in the teens.

The SEC is the most over rated conference in the country. They desrve maybe 2 or 3 rated teams total, and their best GA is ranked about where it should be. LSU should be in the teens.

The SEC now, officially, has 10 teams that are bowl eligible. I know the SEC sucks and all, but that's a pretty good accomplishment.

Edited by untateve

Ignorance all around

LSU faced trash.

Bama just got punked again, this time by Miss St

Auburn lost for what the 4th time now, and they are suppose to be ranked. Just shows how bad the rankings have been to date.

Kentucky almost lost to Vanderbilt,

And this was just today in the mighty SEC

Wow does this ever suck for you!

Nice try, but you're referring to the teams regarded as being in the top 6 Big 10 teams against the bottom 4 SEC teams and they still managed a win. Catch the logic now?

Soooo.....UW beat Arky, and Arky was a bottom 4 SEC team?

Pretty magnanimous of the conference to send their bad teams to the conference title game. Is Ole Miss playing in it this year?

The SEC now, officially, has 10 teams that are bowl eligible. I know the SEC sucks and all, but that's a pretty good accomplishment.

The Big Ten has an even better % with 10 of 11, as opposed to the mere 10 of 12 the SEC is sending.

The bias is palpable. Again, we can pick this up when the supposition is moot if you're game. If what you say is true, we should have plenty to debate for the here and now.

Playing it out on the field never lies.

The best two teams in the country are OU and Oregon. LSU doesnt deserve to be in the picture. And in the end, they wont be.

Tennessee is playing very well right now; they'll be an all-day sucker in the SEC title game.

Of course, if my math is right, OU will draw KU or Mizzou in the Big 12 title game. Probably not the easiest row to hoe either.

The Ducks look to have the easiest path.

Edited by Chavez

Let's get back to analyzing why Ohio State could have lost their focus on such a big day...or were/are they just not that good?

There is the problem, your assuming this was a "big day" , fact is, this was a bye week in their eyes and the big day was 2 weeks ago and next week. That's why they didn't seem to have any direction in this game, then add some bad coaching decisions and a 7 point gift by the officials missing a blatant fumble that OSU recovered and you have yourself a major upset.

We'll see how they bounce back against Michigan. My gut says they put a MAJOR hurting on the Wolves, putting a final stamp on Carr's release.

Yeah, you're right. Playing it on the field never lies.

Since 1998... Big Ten 12 SEC 11 in Bowl Games.

5 bucks says that there is some mention of Florida trouncing OSU in the title game last year.

There is the problem, your assuming this was a "big day" , fact is, this was a bye week in their eyes and the big day was 2 weeks ago and next week. That's why they didn't seem to have any direction in this game, then add some bad coaching decisions and a 7 point gift by the officials missing a blatant fumble that OSU recovered and you have yourself a major upset.

We'll see how they bounce back against Michigan. My gut says they put a MAJOR hurting on the Wolves, putting a final stamp on Carr's release.

that is one doof's opinion. Here's another.

Fact is, they were playing one of the best teams in the conference. Bye week, schmye week. You are laughable, and almost can't be taken serious unless you take the homer glasses off.

Fact is, bad coaching decisions happen all the time. What doesn't happen, is the #1 team in the country getting the ball run down their throats at home...and having a QB that has been lucky all year, and his pure "average" ability finally caught up to him.

Fact is, they f'd up and didn't challenge the play. Too bad. Wasn't a factor in the grand scheme as Illinois owned them in the 4th quarter.

My opinion is that Ohio State was not good enough to be the #1 team in the country, and they pretty much proved that over the course of the last few weeks, and should never sniff the NC game.

Your opinion is that the coaches and players didn't focus on winning this game? :D

Should I find the link where Kentucky whipped the sh*t out of LSU. I think we all remember them consistently punking LSU defense over and over. Do I really need to find it and post it. What a dumb ass.

LaLaLaLa. Your an idiot! I would put Kentucky up against Colorado 1000 times and my thinking is that Kentucky wins 999 of those games! My lord I hope your lame a$$ Sooners come down here for the NC game. To be honest... Your crap has become so stale that I dont even care who knocks the crap out of them as long as you have to come back here and explain why your beloved team screwed the pooch AGAIN!

Edited by tbimm