[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Classy

keggerz

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I loved the post that said Buff should've done a 10 man blitz and drill Brady on every play.

Christ, they'd score 100 you do that....believe me, if people thought a 10 man blitz would work, they would do it. Jimmy Johnsons is probalby going to try some things (kinda hoping it starts with "push Randy Moss out of bounds off the line"....)

I don't recall Lombardi going for it on fourth down when they were blowing the Bears out (although there was plenty of back-and-forth between him and Halas).

I only put the name Lombardi in there as a reference to the quotes the Wolf put up earlier in the thread. I have no idea how he conducted himself in games. I wouldn't think you would either, seeing as we would be a little young/unborn in those days.

Bill Walsh and Chuck Noll.

Yeah.......I don't think the convincing level of these victories would really prove that out if you went back and looked at some scores. Add in the salary cap factor, and I am just not sure that this would hold up. Maybe it would.....I just honestly don't know.

Yeah.......I don't think the convincing level of these victories would really prove that out if you went back and looked at some scores. Add in the salary cap factor, and I am just not sure that this would hold up. Maybe it would.....I just honestly don't know.

Probably not in the case of Noll. But most likely in the case of Walsh. Too bad that he retired so early, as his eye for talent made the Niners the greatest long-running dynasty in NFL history.

ya i'm a bandwagoner i've been one ever since I got Jim Plunkett's autograph during training camp at UMASS in 71. :D

So I am sure you remember Joe Rogan..He was a legendary NE QB then went on to host fear factor for a few years

Hugh Douglas, Mo Lewis Huey Lewis whats the difference to a bandwagon Pats homer anyway :D

One led victory in the Battle of Sark as The Earl of Ormonde, one led victory over the Patriots and made Bledsoe bleed so much, and one let the Heart of Rock and Roll. I'm not sure which is which.

So, are you comparing the Colts or the '92 Bills to the '07 Bills and '07 Redskins? Or are you saying that the Patriots defense is going to blow a 40-point lead in 15 minutes? Or that the Pats offense wouldn't be able to score more, if needed. :D

Seriously, what's the downside to kicking a chip-shot FG with a 4-6 TD lead in the late 3rd or early 4th quarter? You still go up by an extra possession. What's the point in going for it, besides racking up the extra stats?

Now Mr Swerski, I was not making any comparisons to any team. I was simply pointing out that I do not disagree with letting up. AS soon as you let up you might get bit.

Wah, wah. :D

The Patriots scored too many points again. :D

The Patriots disrespect the game. :wacko:

I've been watching these games. I can't believe how furious the other teams are getting at the Patriots. One game, somebody brushed Brady's arm. The Bills made him move around in the pocket a couple times, which almost caused Brady to lose his concentration. The unbridled savagery of it all.

Rushing ten guys is just going to prove that you can't take your ass whoopin like a man. The pros in the NFL take it. Maybe it will trickle down to FF message boards and the hand wringing and teeth gnashing will stop.

Nah.

This will come back and bite them, possibly this year, but definately sooner than later. This is the NFL and these men don't like getting their collective faces rubbed in spit whenever the occasion arises. Karma? these foes will make their own. Let up on clean hit on Moss or Brady? in a pigs arse. They look pretty much unbeatable now, but give them one key injury and they will be the ones smelling the spit

i respectfully disagree with this. i don't know how much, or if any, sports you have played in your life,

but i have played alot. from high school through college to semi-pro. but the level doesn't really matter that much

to my point. the desire to win and the competitive spirit does.

the point is, when you are getting your ass whooped, the most disrespectful thing your opponent can do

to you is pull their starters. i have been on both sides of the ball in this situation. i've gotten more respect

from the losing team, after the game, if we kept our starters in the game. you take away their chance of redeeming themselves if you take out your best players. that pisses players off to no end.

if you beat a team with your best players, for the full game, they can at least say we put our best

against their best.

as far as the 'one key injury' comment.....that injury could come on the first play of the game

or when you are up by 40 points. it's part of the game.