[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

ASU is getting no respect

Bushey

Since you're using numbers to make your point(although I have no idea where these come from) you should probably recognize the fact that the difference between the SEC and Pac 10 is 7 tenths, while the difference between the Pac 10 and Big East is a mere .31. The drop from there is almost a full point. Given this information you should probably leave the Pac 10 out of your above statement or I suppose you could just add the Big East to it. Either way would work I guess.

Didn't mean to slight the Big East -

BE is much improved, no doubt, much tougher week in and out than the Big 10 as well.

Cin wooped up on OSU, who has turned out to be a solid team.

I like WVU- and again, I think they have a legit shot at the NC - I just think ASU would have a better resume should they beat USC - which may be a moot point.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D

GIve you props for trying to shove that load of bs, but simply put Oregon was the best team in the county, imo, when Dixon was healthy. As a true fan on the sport, I'd have rather seen my BUCKS face the better team, and we all can agree LSU , just ain't that team :wacko:

Last time I checked all the rankings/polls both human and computer confirm LSU is #1 college football team in the nation or shoud I say the World! :D

Last time I checked all the rankings/polls both human and computer confirm LSU is #1 college football team in the nation or shoud I say the World! :D

The ONLY reason LSU is ahead of the Bucks in the polls, is the simple reason..................LSU lost earlier in the season..............that's IT and You have to live with the fact of it :D

The ONLY reason LSU is ahead of the Bucks in the polls, is the simple reason..................LSU lost earlier in the season..............that's IT and You have to live with the fact of it :D

Think you got that backwards. The only reason why LSU is ranked ahead of your Bucks is because Ohio State loss...that's it and You not me have to live with the fact of it. :D

Now if LSU loses again then I learned to live with it. :wacko:

Edited by Rockerbraves

This is why they're getting no respect.

09/01 San Jose St W 45-3

09/08 Colorado W 33-14

09/15 SDSU W 34-13

09/22 Oregon St W 44-32

09/29 at Stanford W 41-3

10/06 at Wash St W 23-20

10/13 Washington W 44-20

10/27 #21 California W 31-20 Is currently 6-5

11/03 at #5 Oregon L 35-23 Now have 2 losses and represent the only quality opponent on the ASU schedule to this point.

11/10 at UCLA W 24-20

Same reason Kansas is undefeated and only #2.

A victory over USC will certainly lend some cred to their resume but I don't see it helping a whole lot. We are talking about a 3 loss team in that scenario. Now, if they blow them out, that may make a difference.

BLANK the computer and the polls. PLAYOFF.

Edited by Bushey

For obvious reasons, I'm not as wildly confident in my Trojans this year as in years past, so I'm anxiously awaiting this game. If USC wins, I suddenly become a Bruin fan on Saturday (shoot me now.) But if the Sun Devils pull it out, I can go back to hating the Bruins again, restoring the natural order of things leading up to 12/1. Or I can still hate the Bruins and pull for the Beavs on 12/1, but that only gives us one shot at upsetting the Ducks.

My poor fan brain is a bit confused..somebody hold me....

Coffeeman, USC is going to lose. ASU is not the same run all over team that USC is used to. Dirk isnt there anymore to screw up ASU's chances. Anyway, good luck and Happy Thanksgiving.

Haven't compared ASU's to West Virginia, but looking at ASU's schedule it's hard to be impressed.

You are right. This gay college football popularity contest has to look at these things closely in order to name their champion. All I am saying is that ASU if they beat USC, deserves a shot as much or more than OSU. The only loss they have is against a Dennis Dixon lead duck team at home that clearly would be in the NC game if Dixon did not get hurt. OSU lost to Illinois and looks worse than they did last year.

I am amazed by the apparent desperation that ya'll exhibit in your PAC 10 homerism. You are not being attacked, at least not by me. But your reaction to my simple critique of an obviously mediocre resume makes me want to. Settle down.

I didn't compare ASU's schedule to KU's. I merely pointed out that ASU's wins are unimpressive and then mentioned that KU is in the same boat. Neither deserve a great deal of respect. The reason neither are ranked higher than they are.

I didn't compare USC to anyone on WVU's schedule and they may very well beat all those teams. However, this year I'm not so convinced of that due the fact that USC has beaten exactly zero teams that represent any quality at all. But since you want to compare schedules... Our opinions aside...

If ASU beat USC, they will have beaten 1 top 25 team and 1 team that is currently ranked 37.

If WVU beat UConn, they will have beaten 2 top 25 teams and 1 team that is currently ranked 35.

"The Pac 10 is tougher than the Big East"

Let's take a closer look at that statement.

The only evidence we have to examine here are head-to-head and like opponents. It's a small sampling but at least there's something, so let's...

Cincinnati (8-3, T-#3 Big East) manhandled Oregon St (7-4, #4 Pac 10) 34-3

Arizona State (#1 PAC 10) beat Oregon St 44-32

Washington (4-7, #8 Pac 10) stomped Syracuse (2-9, last Big East) 42-12

Ore St and Louisville (5-6, 7th Big East) both played Utah

Ore St won 24-7

Louisville lost 35-44

Cin and ASU both played SanDiego St.

ASU won by 21 at home 34-13.

Cincinnati won by 31 at SD St 54-23

Now, other than tradition and blind homerism there is really not a good reason to believe the PAC 10 is tougher than the Big East? Unless you consider the fact that Stanford must be pretty darn good because they knocked off mighty USC with their back-up QB. So I guess I'll give it to you based on the superior bottom feeders.

All your "who beat who" analysis proves nothing I guess. That is what bugs me about these arguments. The BCS is system created by a few tools with power. They all belong behind bars.

BLANK the computer and the polls. PLAYOFF.

Amen to that, brother!

You are right. This gay college football popularity contest has to look at these things closely in order to name their champion. All I am saying is that ASU if they beat USC, deserves a shot as much or more than OSU. The only loss they have is against a Dennis Dixon lead duck team at home that clearly would be in the NC game if Dixon did not get hurt. OSU lost to Illinois and looks worse than they did last year.

I think your understandable disgust, even hatred, with being USC's whipping boys for so long has you believing that beating them is worth much more than it actually is.

All your "who beat who" analysis proves nothing I guess. That is what bugs me about these arguments. The BCS is system created by a few tools with power. They all belong behind bars.

Again, we agree. But what other way of measuring one conference against another is better than how they play against each other and like opponents. Keeping in mind that I didn't start the "my conference is better" argument.

Edited by BS Miscreant

USC is getting healthy again and I think the opposite is true as far as the title of this thread.

I hear a lot of talk about LSU, WVU, OSU, ASU, and really I wonder what a healthy USC could have done all along.

Let's not forget this team was a preseason #1 and yes that had a lot to do with Booty, but the stable of backs is impressive and USC has Petey boy running the show. I for one am not counting them out and I see a close game and will be rooting for the men of Troy myself.

Haven't compared ASU's to West Virginia, but looking at ASU's schedule it's hard to be impressed.
As opposed to what? LSU'S Non Conference schedule. Give me a break. They don't get any weaker than that. :D

Now your just being silly. LSU have beaten 2 top 12 teams and another two that are in the top 28. ASU have only even played 1 in the top 30 or so and they lost.

On second thought, you're right. The only way to compare ASU's schedule to LSU's is to look at LSU's NC games. That's a pretty good comparison.

Edited by BS Miscreant

Now your just being silly. LSU have beaten 2 top 12 teams and another two that are in the top 28. ASU have only even played 1 in the top 30 or so and they lost.

On second that, you're right. The only way to compare ASU's schedule to LSU's is to look at LSU's NC games. That's a pretty good comparison.

LSU plays 8 of their 12 game schedule in the state of Louisiana and their non conference schedule consists of these 3 juggernauts ....... Middle Tennessee, Tulane and Louisiana Tech. The Tigers are good but please don't make a fool out of yourself by talking about their schedule :D

LSU plays 8 of their 12 game schedule in the state of Louisiana and their non conference schedule consists of these 3 juggernauts ....... Middle Tennessee, Tulane and Louisiana Tech. The Tigers are good but please don't make a fool out of yourself by talking about their schedule :D

In addition, figure in the 4 game stretch following their loss to Kentucky, where they were outplayed, but some outlandish moranic coaching kept them above water.

Personally, I don't think AZ State has a hope in he|| of beating USC today, as a matter of fact, it might get ugly.

Looks like you may have made a good call here, Brian.

ASU and USC haven't beaten a single team in the top 35 to date, so it was a tough one to judge, since neither have beaten anyone but cupcakes in the PAC 10 .

ASU's defense looks VERY weak . USC is playing well early and this one may be over at the half.

I'm really stunned with the PAC 10 , possibly sending a team that lost to Stanford to the Rose Bowl :D

If that happens, it should be an easy win for Ohio State then.

I think Bucks fans across the country are excited about a USC match up. ASU was obviosly a pretender as their schedule shows, so it's still unclear if this USC team is as good as they're playing tonight. In any event, they haven't seen a defense in the PAC 10 that even compares to what the Bucks will bring.

Doesn't Oregon still have to lose a game in order for USC to win the PAC 10, since Oregon holds the H2H ? I'd hate to have to face a Dixonless Oregon team, when USC appears a little better then them now.

Yes, Oregon needs to lose to UCLA or Oregon State. I heard all about that Big 10 defense in two recent Rose Bowls that USC won.

Who on earth was saying Michigan had a defense last season................ :D

Don't think you heard that at all. Nice try though :D

OSU comes into the Rose Bowl with the nations top rated defense, so we'll see what happens.