[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

ASU is getting no respect

Bushey

Oregon vs Ohio State with Dixon I'd give the edge to Oregon, without him... I think Tressell would have them for lunch.

USC would beat Illinois by a bunch

No way Michigan loses to Arizona State. Michigan is playing good, just ran into 2 very tough match ups at the end of the year.

PSU and Oregon State close? You're kidding me right?

PJ Hill would have 200+ yards vs Cal's soft d, and Wisconsin would roll.

Michigan State vs UCLA would be fun, but I think Michigan State has too much fire power for UCLA, and Michigan State did something UCLA couldn't, and that is beat that high powered Notre Dame team.

Purdue would explode all over Washingtons sorry defense. Then again, Washington would explode all over Purdue's sorry defense. This actually would be the most fun.

Arizona vs Indiana... please.... Kellen Lewis to James Hardy all day long. Indiana by a bunch.

Iowa vs WSU... omg, I wish I could be so lucky to have an easy match up like this. I don't think WSU would score.

Stanford vs Northwestern... I think NW would win, but they tend to play down to their opponents.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top 10 and Top 30 when? I could care less who you want to compare the Pac 10 to but I certainly hope you're not counting ASU #6 and Cal #whatever(it's been so long that we all forgot) in those numbers.

By the way, great call on labeling Wisky "the biggest fraud in the country" and then comparing them side by side with Cal.

Cal had some injuries, and stumbled, no question- but you just can't deny they have qualit Wins- @ Oregon, and vs Tennessee are BOTH top quality wins, and much more impressive than anything Wisky has done

Top 10 and Top 30 when? I could care less who you want to compare the Pac 10 to but I certainly hope you're not counting ASU #6 and Cal #whatever(it's been so long that we all forgot) in those numbers.

By the way, great call on labeling Wisky "the biggest fraud in the country" and then comparing them side by side with Cal.

I am not pulling these numbers out of the air -

It is amazing I even have to discuss the Pac 10 vs the Big 10 this year-

no in there right mind thinks the Big 10 was strong this year, especially when they were battling the ACC as the 5th strongest conference in the country all season long.......

Oregon vs Ohio State with Dixon I'd give the edge to Oregon, without him... I think Tressell would have them for lunch.

USC would beat Illinois by a bunch

No way Michigan loses to Arizona State. Michigan is playing good, just ran into 2 very tough match ups at the end of the year. ASU has to much speed for Mich PSU and Oregon State close? You're kidding me right? what? PSU has beaten no one that is any good- this is a toss up at worst

PJ Hill would have 200+ yards vs Cal's soft d, and Wisconsin would roll. huh? Cal puts up 40 on that slug defense

Michigan State vs UCLA would be fun, but I think Michigan State has too much fire power for UCLA, and Michigan State did something UCLA couldn't, and that is beat that high powered Notre Dame team. MSU probably has the edge here

Purdue would explode all over Washingtons sorry defense. Then again, Washington would explode all over Purdue's sorry defense. This actually would be the most fun.

Arizona vs Indiana... please.... Kellen Lewis to James Hardy all day long. Indiana by a bunch.

Iowa vs WSU... omg, I wish I could be so lucky to have an easy match up like this. I don't think WSU would score. WSU is better than IOWA

Stanford vs Northwestern... I think NW would win, but they tend to play down to their opponents. forgot about Minny- one of the worst teams in the country gave Wisky all they could handle -

Brian- I normally give the Big 10 props for overall strength- you just can't deny the conference overall is down the past couple years, and just cannot match up with the top tier teams in the Pac 10 and SEC -

Cal had some injuries, and stumbled, no question- but you just can't deny they have qualit Wins- @ Oregon, and vs Tennessee are BOTH top quality wins, and much more impressive than anything Wisky has done

No doubt they beat some good teams but the once #2 team in the country losing 5 games, two of them to UCLA and Washington, is quite a "stumble". They may very well beat Wisconsin. I'm not disputing that. I just thought it appropriate that you matched those two up.

I am not pulling these numbers out of the air -

It is amazing I even have to discuss the Pac 10 vs the Big 10 this year-

no in there right mind thinks the Big 10 was strong this year, especially when they were battling the ACC as the 5th strongest conference in the country all season long.......

If you read my post again closely you will see that I completely avoided the comparison point. I even said as much. I just wanted to make sure you're not being one of those stat posters who like to use pre-season SOS info or use rankings from when the team lost and not where they are now. ie Rutgers beating #2 USF is a bit meaningless now because USF is now ranked 23. At the end of the day I'm not giving Rutgers credit for having beaten a top 10 team.

OREGON/ OSU

USC/ Illinois

ASU/ Mich

OSU/ PSU - close

CAL / Wisky

UCLA/ MSU PUSH

UW/ PURDUE

UA/ INDIANA

WSU/ IOWA

STAN/ NW

By you picking Oregon over OSU, clearly shows your a freakin' MORAN , and I had to capitalize it, because that's about the dumbest predicition I've ever heard since maybe Stanford over USC :D

I give the Pac 10 , 3 of those wins, USC- UCLA and Stanford.........that's it. What you smoking to say UA over Indiana...... :D

By you picking Oregon over OSU, clearly shows your a freakin' MORAN , and I had to capitalize it, because that's about the dumbest predicition I've ever heard since maybe Stanford over USC :D

I give the Pac 10 , 3 of those wins, USC- UCLA and Stanford.........that's it. What you smoking to say UA over Indiana...... :D

With everyone healthy, playing on both teams, Orgeon would put up 30+ on Ohio State and beat them by AT LEAST 10.

now, that's some funny chit, there !

:D

Evey week the PAC10 loses more credibilty , if you can't see it, then your blinder then we all tend to think.

OSU's win over Michigan and Wisconsin were far better then beating an ASU team, that would be lucky to finish .500 in the Big 10.

Again, the only conference that Pac-10 schools typically will lose to is ...... other Pac-10 schools. ASU .500 in the "little 10", come on :D

ASU looked really bad last night. I had to watch the game in Southern California with relatives for Thanksgiving. Needless to say I was the only ASU fan. Erickson gets that line fixed next year and they will be wayyyyyyy bettttttter. Sarge, you were right. They suck as bad as OU.

IF you think last night was bad, OU would humiliate ASU worse. OU lost without their QB to a high powered offense, that outscored them. ASU lost to a team that lost to Stanford, and was punked in the process. OU would spank ASU even more convincingly. If Oregon loses again, and you douchebags can beat Arizona, OU vs ASU in your back yard may just happen in the Fiesta.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

I'm not even gonna argue about WSU, that is a joke to me. Iowa is bowl eligable for one thing and actually has 1 quality win, in beating Illinois. Washington State has done nothing. One common opponent, Wisconsin. Iowa had there foot on their throat, WSU got stomped by them. The ONLY thing that saves WSU, is Iowa has a very bad offense, but Iowa's defense would shut them down. Cal might very well be able to put up points vs Wisconsin, but I assure you, that Cal team couldn't stop anyone. Wisconsin would run over them, and PJ Hill would have career numbers. And you're stupid for starting the comparison to begin with, a comparison, that is simply false. The Pac 10 hasn't proven anything on the field yet that they are that much superior. Certainly not against the Big Ten... what? 1-2? The one win, Oregon, was impressive, but lets face it, no one is denying that a Dennis Dixon led Duck team is one of the best in the country. You as I recall, didn't see that coming, shows what you know about your own conference. I think you called Oregon, an AVERAGE Pac 10 team. I think anyone with knowledge should have known that a QB with as much experience as Dennis Dixon would have his team a lot better than average. Look the bottom line is, SHOW ME THE QUALITY WINS! You keep showing me stupid computer rankings, I'm waiting for some real substance here. I see Cal beating Tennessee at home, and I see Oregon beating Michigan on the road. Beyond that, I see nothing. As for the Big Ten, there isn't much to show for it in terms of wins, but not much in losses either. Teams took care of business, and beat teams that they were supposed to, other than Michigan, and then the 2 bottom teams Iowa and Minnesota. Sorry but any conference that has one of their bowl teams lose to freakin' Notre Dame, can't be that great. Doesn't mean you're bad, but it doesn't put you in some upper tier of greatness.

Oh yeah, and judging but what I saw last night, Arizona State sucks.

You can come with all the excuses you want- let me ask you this- You llove to have qualifyers on Cal beating Tenn and Oregon beating Michigan. and even bad losses like Oregon St at Cin. Would love to see the Big 10 even play a NC game like the Pac 10 does. According to Sagarin- The Pac 10 has 7 teams in the top 10 SOS- and their worst is at #40. Michigan tops the Big 10 at #34. solid. Similar to last year- yer league played no one outside of yer slow, overrated bad conference games.

Please show me ANY NC quality wins by yer conference? I will be waiting. The reality is Orogeon dummied Michigan and dominated them like no other team in the Big 10 could........

Another thing- the OSU/Washington game was even game at the break- and both teams looked just about the same skill-wise. A few breaks in the 2nd half gave OSU the victory- but it certainly was not a game where OSU was dominating and overpowering one our bottom feeders........

how about UW beating Boise? how about them apples......... One of our weaker teams has a better Win than OSU/Wisconsin/Pstate and every team in yer league cept IIll beating OSU, and Mich beating Ill. .

IF you think last night was bad, OU would humiliate ASU worse. OU lost without their QB to a high powered offense, that outscored them. ASU lost to a team that lost to Stanford, and was punked in the process. OU would spank ASU even more convincingly. If Oregon loses again, and you douchebags can beat Arizona, OU vs ASU in your back yard may just happen in the Fiesta.

I'm not going to argue how bad ASU is or that because USC lost to Stanford earlier this year makes them bad. I don't know if you noticed, but USC looked like they were over all the injuries. Not sure how good they are though. Why on earth do you think that your sooners are good? Using your stupid logic calculator, I was able to determine that OU would be crushed by ASU in the Fiesta Bowl. They both played Colorado and OU lost and ASU killed them. Besides, I don't want to see anymore OU bowl games. I watched them be destroyed by USC in a NC game , then to a WAC team last year. OU can't win big games. They are poorly coached and can't seem to make adjustments. Not a slam Sarge, just a fact.

Edited by Bushey

On paper, I would agree. Boy it would suck for you guys to lose that Rose Bowl to poor Ohio State.

When I talk about the weakness of the Big 10, Ohio State is clearly not in that equation. I think Ohio State is one of the Top 3 programs in the country and just might be the best. I think a Ohio State versus USC matchup would be the best bowl game of the year!

When I talk about the weakness of the Big 10, Ohio State is clearly not in that equation. I think Ohio State is one of the Top 3 programs in the country and just might be the best. I think a Ohio State versus USC matchup would be the best bowl game of the year!

WOW, you are right again. Twice in 3 plus years. Amazing :D

Then how come you and wildcat have continually pointed at Ohio State as your illustration of the Big Ten being weak? All year long. It took you the whole season to come to that conclusion?

'My (insert name here) conference is better than yours'; 'No its not, blah, blah, blah...' You guys never stop and its getting soooo boring.

Well, looky here - guess who's the only Pac10 team in control of their own Rose Bowl destiny on 12/1 - 'the team that lost to Stanford', as Sarge puts it. Not that ASU is tough - they're clearly not - but USC is finally where they were supposed to be weeks ago. The mighty Ducks and Sooners lost a starting QB and lost an important game, or 2, and suddenly can sympathize with my Trojans. Funny how that works, isn't it? Interesting how a team can look very different due to injuries, isn't it?

Humble pie doesn't taste so bad, especially when its over the Turkey day weekend and you have all that other tasty stuff handy to help wash it down. Bradford's back for OU, but Dixon can't come back for the Ducks - tough break, as I had him for the Heisman and the Ducks in the NC game, after they beat us by 7 in their house. (As an alum, I feel I can say 'us'.)

Carroll's unbeaten in November streak continues, and it all comes down to beating those 'gutsy lil Bruins' again. They snuck up on us last year, but its not happening this year. A team with no offense, no matter how good the D is, cannot beat a solid Trojan squad. Similar to the 2002 season, when USC is healthy and rolling on both sides again, no one wants to play us now.

I think OSU in the Rose can give us a great game, but I expect another victory. And ASU will get beat if they get into the Fiesta picture. Those are my big predictions, and I honestly don't care how the Pac10 does overall in the bowls. Its pathetic that a 6-5 UCLA squad has a shot at the Rose with a win over USC (+ a loss by ASU,) and an unbeaten Hawaii will barely sneak in after a big win over Boise St. Same with Georgia getting beat out for the SEC title game by the stinking Vols. Crazy....

SC didnt lose because of injury, they lost because Booty is as consistent as Les Miles is at coaching. SC losing to Stanford is on par with OU losing to Baylor. Problem is OU has never lost to Baylor.

SC is a talented team no doubt, but like LSU, underachieved big time this yr. Coaching had alot to do with both teams falls this yr. I re-read the ESPN College preview addition, and SC was unbeatable. Guess thats why they play the games, as OU can attest to Colorado.

SC didnt lose because of injury, they lost because Booty is as consistent as Les Miles is at coaching.

I know we're not really arguing here, but c'mon - Booty hadn't thrown 4 picks in a half in his life. You think its just coincidence that it happened right after breaking a finger on this throwing hand? I thought you were making some progress with your maturity training, but maybe not...

4 turnovers in 30 minutes against a well-coached team is a problem no matter who you are. Even a great D can still get tired at the end of a game, when they've been on the field the whole time. Sarge, am I telling you basic stuff you don't already know here? I hope not...

That loss is not on Booty though - its on Carrroll. His arrogance kept Booty in there, despite knowing about the finger at halftime. ('There's still no way we can lose, even though our QB can't throw.') He said as much a couple weeks ago in an article in the LA Times. If you want me to dig it up for you, I can.

Edited by Coffeeman