[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

need some advice (league question)

buddahj

okay, here's my dilema. i've got dj hackett in my starting lineup & lee evans on the bench. i've been reading that hackett may be a gametime decision. i will be unable to update my lineup tommorow because i'll be working. if i wasn't working, i'd be able to switch these two guys prior to gametime. our league allows for changes up to 5 minutes prior to a players game. well, since i'm working, i emailed the guy i'm playing to let him know that if hackett is a scratch, then i will be starting evans. here's the rub, i'm also the commish (6 yrs running). so, as you can see, i can't call him & ask him to fix my lineup for me. over the years, i've adjusted lineups for other teams in the league. all they have to do is call me before gametime. well, the guy i'm playing this week is making a big stink over this. saying that i should have to set my lineup & live with it. since both guys play @ 1pm, i'm not sure why he's so upset. i've tried calling him, but he hasn't returned my calls. hence the email about the lineup change. am i in the wrong thinking that this isn't a big deal??? last bit of info. he's holding onto a 1/2 game lead for the final playoff spot in his division.

thanks in advance for the input everyone.

Sorry ... you can't start players conditionally.

Either you are available to adjust your lineup, you give somebody else your password and the responsibility to set your lineup as you wish or you set it and live with it.

Yup. My commish has given me the password to make lineup changes for him before gametime when he unable to do it himself.

Sorry ... you can't start players conditionally.

Either you are available to adjust your lineup, you give somebody else your password and the responsibility to set your lineup as you wish or you set it and live with it.

so you guys are saying that as the commish, if someone calls me about setting their lineup prior to gametime i should just tell them, "tough, you should've gotten somebody else to do it."

not at all. Why can't you give someone your password and have them do it for you when the inactives come out tomorrow?

i've never really liked giving out my password(s). but i guess i can change it to something temporary & then change it back later. i guess i just didn't think that this would be this big a deal.

so you guys are saying that as the commish, if someone calls me about setting their lineup prior to gametime i should just tell them, "tough, you should've gotten somebody else to do it."

I think what they are saying is....you should give someone else your password so they can make changes for you. It's the same thing you do in essence when you fix other peoples lineups. In effect those folks are giving you their passwords. If someone fails to call you and tell you to change their lineup they cannot later tell you or their opponent that they meant to start someone else....they must start their lineup or give someone else the authority and ability (by giving them their password for instance) to start their lineup for them - same rule applies to you as commish.

KO'd

One of the most gut wrenching and painful things to deal with in fantasy sports is the gametime decision..You are basically looking to eliminate that with your scenario..As commish you have set peoples lineups but based on their decisions..I am assuming no one told you too watch players and make the lineup switch for them..