[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

westbrook...what the hell?

buddahj

The right call? They would go up by 2 scores!!! :D

By stopping at the 1 they win the game. Go up by 14 and give the Cowboys 2 minutes to come back, or win the game right then. How could that possibly not be the right thing to do?

Earlier today, with 1:30 left in the game, Deangelo Williams broke free for a 35 yard TD. His team was up by a field goal. Stopping would have sealed the game right then. Instead he rushed it in. Seattle scored a TD on their next possession but didn't recover the onside. Why even give them the chance? Just sit down and the game is over.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't wait to hear the stories about how "I lost my fantasy game 'cause Westbrook took a knee". This one will be legendary.

I'll be #2..........SOB!!! :D I needed one more score by Westy and I'd be back in the SB in my biggest money league!!!

:bio::D:D:wacko::bash::D:):D:bow:;):bow::headbang::(yawn:

YES ... BECAUSE NOW DALLAS DID NOT GET THE BALL BACK. PHILLY SAT ON THE BALL FOR THE REMAINDER OF THE GAME.

YES IT WAS THE RIGHT CALL.

And Romo and T.O. never got the ball back. I won in Huddler nation by 3 points. Thank you Westbrook!

But on the other hand I'm in serious trouble in another league as I have both Romo and T.O..

Gotta love fantasy football!

The right call? They would go up by 2 scores!!! :D

Hmmm, let's see...score, and give Dallas the chance to answer and then recover an onside kick and possibly win, or....make a smart play by kneeling so Dallas never gets the ball again? No brainer.

Those who think this was a dumb play know absolutely nothing about football.

That being said, I sure could have used some garbage receptions from Barber :D

I'll be #2..........SOB!!! :D I needed one more score by Westy and I'd be back in the SB in my biggest money league!!!

Oh man..That sucks..Those types of losses are tough to absorb

Hmmm, let's see...score, and give Dallas the chance to answer and then recover an onside kick and possibly win, or....make a smart play by kneeling so Dallas never gets the ball again? No brainer.

Those who think this was a dumb play know absolutely nothing about football.

+1 ... :D

Neither of my Westy teams games were in doubt, so I too thought it was a great move. But more stories like these are gonna be told all over the country.

One of the best plays of the year.

I was playing against Westy but it didn't matter since I was up 40.

was another play (probably Westy) but could have been Portis (?) where the defense gave him a walk-in so they could get the ball back. It PO'ed me b/c I was playing against him at the time.

Well hats off Westy is one of the best football players IMO

Edited by rai

Fantasy aside, I can't remember another play like that. Very odd. Very smart, though.

Rivers actually had one like this last year I believe. The call was a QB sneak. He got the first and could have gotten another yard or two for the TD, but he just sort of went down on his knee while holding the ball over the 1st down line. Very silly looking play but very heads up.

Rivers actually had one like this last year I believe. The call was a QB sneak. He got the first and could have gotten another yard or two for the TD, but he just sort of went down on his knee while holding the ball over the 1st down line. Very silly looking play but very heads up.

Would Norv had called that play in 07?

I got crushed so didn't matter for me, but at first screamed at the TV....but that was one of the smartest things I've ever seen pro football. I'm curious to hear if he knew ahead of time "if I break one, down it", or figured it out while running.

Horrible Fantasy Day, but great Eagles Day...I'll take it

By stopping at the 1 they win the game. Go up by 14 and give the Cowboys 2 minutes to come back, or win the game right then. How could that possibly not be the right thing to do?

Earlier today, with 1:30 left in the game, Deangelo Williams broke free for a 35 yard TD. His team was up by a field goal. Stopping would have sealed the game right then. Instead he rushed it in. Seattle scored a TD on their next possession but didn't recover the onside. Why even give them the chance? Just sit down and the game is over.

You are allowed one mistake, however unlikely it may be to botch the snap, by kneeling out the clock.

You allow yourself a series of colossal meltdowns against an offense you controlled the first 58 minutes of the game if you run it in to go up by 11.

Never turn down the opportunity to score points. :D:D:wacko:

Oh man..That sucks..Those types of losses are tough to absorb

no shat... you'd have to walk in those shoes to realize how much that sucked in the FF world. I watched it, and though I don't have Westbrook on any team, I could feel some pain somewhere of someone who lost because of that play... he just stopped :D . It was smart football... just bad FF football... still sucks :D