[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

westbrook...what the hell?

buddahj

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Smart football play ..devestating Fantasy Football play for westbrook owners as well as those playing against dallas defense ...in my league another eagle TD would have subtracted 5 pts from my opponent who started dallas D

may be the difference to making championship game or not

thats the way it goes ...cest la vie

Let me preface this by saying I am not lucky enough to have Westy this year and I was not playing against anyone who had Westy...but I still don't see that play as being so brilliant. I am a huge Cowboy fan and I see no way that if Westy scores, that the Cowboys score a TD, 2 pt conversion, recover an onside kick and then kick a game tieing FG - all with 1 timeout and about 1:30 to go and with Philly controlling Dallas for the whole game. Philly had their number yesterday plain and simple.

I kind of see Westy's action as being similar to when a team misses a PAT - those misses always seem to come back and haunt the team and they lose by 1 or are down by 4 pts and can't kick a FG to tie a game....On a non-fantasy football note - I hope for Westy's sake that he doesn't end his career 1 TD shy of some milestone or 1 yard short of some milestone...but it wouldn't shock me if he did.

On a fantasy football note...my first thoughts were also...how many peoples hearts did Westy break with that slide? Flip side...he probably made some owners day too if they were playing against him or if they had Romo, TO, Barber etc and didn't get any garbage points from them.

KO'd

Let me preface this by saying I am not lucky enough to have Westy this year and I was not playing against anyone who had Westy...but I still don't see that play as being so brilliant. I am a huge Cowboy fan and I see no way that if Westy scores, that the Cowboys score a TD, 2 pt conversion, recover an onside kick and then kick a game tieing FG - all with 1 timeout and about 1:30 to go and with Philly controlling Dallas for the whole game. Philly had their number yesterday plain and simple.

I kind of see Westy's action as being similar to when a team misses a PAT - those misses always seem to come back and haunt the team and they lose by 1 or are down by 4 pts and can't kick a FG to tie a game....On a non-fantasy football note - I hope for Westy's sake that he doesn't end his career 1 TD shy of some milestone or 1 yard short of some milestone...but it wouldn't shock me if he did.

On a fantasy football note...my first thoughts were also...how many peoples hearts did Westy break with that slide? Flip side...he probably made some owners day too if they were playing against him or if they had Romo, TO, Barber etc and didn't get any garbage points from them.

KO'd

the bold about sums it up

as far as you can see no way how the cowboys can pull it out well lets just say crazier things have happened...and while the success % would have been very low with westy doing what he did he made that % chance 0....

Edited by keggerz

Exactly and as a Cowboy fan, I knew we could not win that game - especially if he scores. I wonder how badly he wouldda been boo-ed if he did that in Philly btw? Especially with they way Philly hates Dallas (mostly TO nowadays I guess). I had no Cowboys on my ff teams either - so I am not upset because I didn't get garbage points. I just really think one day 3 or 4 years from now when Westy goes to retire he will come up short of a milestone...but hey, at least they won a game that will probably (over the course of his career) be totally meaningless (doubt Philly will make the playoffs this year and the loss won't knock the Cowboys out of any playoffs - might cost them homefield though).

KO'd

I think the chances of Philly losing that game were about equal whether Westy scores or not....your 0% chance of Dallas winning assumes no botched snaps on kneel downs etc....which to me is about as probable as Dallas scoring a TD, 2 pt conversion, getting an onside kick and kicking the FG.

KO'd

Exactly and as a Cowboy fan, I knew we could not win that game - especially if he scores. I wonder how badly he wouldda been boo-ed if he did that in Philly btw? Especially with they way Philly hates Dallas (mostly TO nowadays I guess). I had no Cowboys on my ff teams either - so I am not upset because I didn't get garbage points. I just really think one day 3 or 4 years from now when Westy goes to retire he will come up short of a milestone...but hey, at least they won a game that will probably (over the course of his career) be totally meaningless (doubt Philly will make the playoffs this year and the loss won't knock the Cowboys out of any playoffs - might cost them homefield though).

KO'd

we need a BLIND graemlin

I think the chances of Philly losing that game were about equal whether Westy scores or not....your 0% chance of Dallas winning assumes no botched snaps on kneel downs etc....which to me is about as probable as Dallas scoring a TD, 2 pt conversion, getting an onside kick and kicking the FG.

KO'd

exactly how many botched snaps on QB kneel downs have there been in the NFL versus 2 scores in under 2mins?

KO'd

You must be clueless.

When Westy stopped on the 1 yard line instead of scoring this took the ball out of the hands of the Dallas offense; i.e. Dallas did not touch the ball again. Had Westy scored there Dallas gets the ball back with time left to score. Certainly it was unlikely they would score enough to defeat Philly in the time left ... but it was unlikely they would do it in Buffalo too ... and they did.

So why even allow the Dallas offense to touch the ball again. No need. Sit on the ball and run the time off the clock ... and the game is over.

at the end of the day , what would have been worse

scoring the td and then amazingly giving up scores including a TD and 2 pt conversion to dallas in less than two minutes or not scoring an easy TD , botching a snap on a friggin kneel down play and then having team recover and beat you

again initially i thought it was a good football play ( terrible FFL play ) but now i am not so sure .... idea is to try and win always rather than play not to lose imho

again i don't think you can kill westy or eagles for calling the play and avoiding TD but man oh man if somehow they lost the ball and lost game it would go down as one of the biggest bonehead plays in history ( move over Joe Pisarcik )

You must be clueless.

When Westy stopped on the 1 yard line instead of scoring this took the ball out of the hands of the Dallas offense; i.e. Dallas did not touch the ball again. Had Westy scored there Dallas gets the ball back with time left to score. Certainly it was unlikely they would score enough to defeat Philly in the time left ... but it was unlikely they would do it in Buffalo too ... and they did.

So why even allow the Dallas offense to touch the ball again. No need. Sit on the ball and run the time off the clock ... and the game is over.

Hey whatever....Philly won and was gonna win no matter what in my opinion. If that makes me clueless then so be it. My bigger point is that TD's aren't easy to come by - especially for someone who battles through injuries as often as Westbrook. I think he may look back with some regrets one day about that....maybe not though. What if (God forbid) that was his last game ever? Is that the image you'd want your career to end on? Or would you rather know you ended your career by scoring on one of your biggest rivals? I know, I know...a lot of what if's and conjecture in my ramblings...sorry, just how my clueless mind works. :D

KO'd

KO'd

which makes what he did even more impressive...giving himself up for the sake of the team.

Westy has incentives tied to making the Pro-Bowl. Here's hoping those voters who look at stats-only will, for once, forgo that thinking, and elect this guy to the Pro-Bowl which he obviously deserves....perhaps even moreso now.

I think he is referring to ALL TIME.

He needs to also answer the question "How many times have teams scored twice in the last 2 minutes of a game to win"

i know what he is referring to but i would like to see the info to back up his statement....but then again maybe he is busy counting up the number of times teams have scored twice with less then 2 mins to go

Hey whatever....Philly won and was gonna win no matter what in my opinion. If that makes me clueless then so be it. My bigger point is that TD's aren't easy to come by - especially for someone who battles through injuries as often as Westbrook. I think he may look back with some regrets one day about that....maybe not though. What if (God forbid) that was his last game ever? Is that the image you'd want your career to end on? Or would you rather know you ended your career by scoring on one of your biggest rivals? I know, I know...a lot of what if's and conjecture in my ramblings...sorry, just how my clueless mind works. :D

KO'd

He'd regret that he didn't add one more personal stat (a TD) but put the TEAM above his personal glory? I don't believe that is Westbrook at all. I believe you will have a hard time finding a better team player than Westbrook and he will never regret NOT getting the TD in order to seal the victory for HIS TEAM. And yes I believe he would be happy if his career ended on an image of him being a team player.

Edited by Grits and Shins

KO'd

It's pretty obvious that if he were a guy who cared about his own stats, he would have scored the TD. I don't know how you could regret securing a victory over the #1 team in the NFC.

Not just a fumble snap but on a kneel down (much less likely than a real play since the defense does not rush you) but a fumble and then other team recover.

I have never seen it happen but I seen a lot of teams score one and recover one.

Maybe it would have been a long shot but it happens for a team to get 2 scores in less than 2 minutes.

And like I say maybe not two scores but it would have been a lot more stress for Philly if Westy had scored.

Again, I don't feel bad for Westy owners since (I think) the game was over and Dall gave a gift TD (like an intentional walk in baseball).

as far as you can see no way how the cowboys can pull it out well lets just say crazier things have happened...and while the success % would have been very low with westy doing what he did he made that % chance 0....

Not 0 but close.A fumble would have been one of those crazier things.

Edited by xtra