[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

westbrook...what the hell?

buddahj

link?

Don't have a link dude...just joking around with you....who knows? I doubt it has happened more than a couple of times ever. Only one I can think of is the Joe Pisarchek (spelling?) / Herm Edwards play when I was a kid.

It's obvious Westy is a class act and a team player....just still shocked me when I saw him drop down....in this day and age of NFL me first players with incentive laden contracts etc...it was a shock to my system.

KO'd

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't have a link dude...just joking around with you....who knows? I doubt it has happened more than a couple of times ever. Only one I can think of is the Joe Pisarchek (spelling?) / Herm Edwards play when I was a kid.

It's obvious Westy is a class act and a team player....just still shocked me when I saw him drop down....in this day and age of NFL me first players with incentive laden contracts etc...it was a shock to my system.

KO'd

The hiedie game

Even if they fumbled the kneel down, the Cowboys would probably have to go 99 yards to score before an onside kick and FG.

I might misunderstand what you are saying,but if the kneel down is fumbled a 99 yard drive wins it.

Edited by xtra

Even if they fumbled the kneel down, the Cowboys would probably have to go 99 yards to score before an onside kick and FG.

Well that much is not true. They'd only need to go 99 yards for one TD to win.

The funny thing is, what amazes me about this argument is the fact that it's such a no-brainer move IMO that he shouldn't be given (or likely expects) all the props he's getting. I mean, that's the smart play. Not playing not to lose. Rather choosing the course of action that basically ensures a victory. So arguing against it just seems odd.

Sure, stranger things have happened than a team botching a kneel-down. However, a team scoring twice in two minutes is not one of those things. I've been watching football basically my entire life and can't recall having seen the former. The latter? Not often but I've certainly seen it.

That wasn't the Heidi game. The Heidi game involved the Jets. The Psarjik game was a Giants Philly game.

Are you sure ? I think I am right but I am not 100 %

edit to add. You're right..I just googled it..My bad

Edited by whomper

Are you sure ? I think I am right but I am not 100 %

First off I love your avi....two of my childhood heroes there!

Pretty sure the Heidi Game was not the same game as the Herm Edwards botched snap fumble recovery game...the Heidi Game has been soo dubbed because the ending of the game got pre-empted by NBC for the movie Heidi and I think the Jets made a comeback to win but NO ONE got to see it 'cause frickin' heidi was on.

KO'd

Only one I can think of is the Joe Pisarchek (spelling?) / Herm Edwards play when I was a kid.

On that play, the Giants SHOULD have kneeled down...instead, they inexplicably ran a rushing play, and the handoff was muffed. That's what made it a miracle more than anything else, was that the Giant coaching staff actually called a play, rather than kneel.

A kneel down play, to my knowledge, has never been fumbled....ever. If it had been, we'd have seen it, and it would make the Pisarchek play look rather lame in comparison.

I have Westy on my team, but I am not at all mad bc I won. That being said, I think it was a good move IMO. Dallas and Philly is a pretty big rivalry and the W is what really matters. I think we should be talking about B-More and Brian Billick's continued stupidity. He should be fired....

Edited by KSUChiefsTarheelFan

On that play, the Giants SHOULD have kneeled down...instead, they inexplicably ran a rushing play, and the handoff was muffed. That's what made it a miracle more than anything else, was that the Giant coaching staff actually called a play, rather than kneel.

A kneel down play, to my knowledge, has never been fumbled....ever. If it had been, we'd have seen it, and it would make the Pisarchek play look rather lame in comparison.

that is why i asked how many times a kneel down has created a turnover

Well that much is not true. They'd only need to go 99 yards for one TD to win.

The funny thing is, what amazes me about this argument is the fact that it's such a no-brainer move IMO that he shouldn't be given (or likely expects) all the props he's getting. I mean, that's the smart play. Not playing not to lose. Rather choosing the course of action that basically ensures a victory. So arguing against it just seems odd.

Sure, stranger things have happened than a team botching a kneel-down. However, a team scoring twice in two minutes is not one of those things. I've been watching football basically my entire life and can't recall having seen the former. The latter? Not often but I've certainly seen it.

The problem is that there are so many players in the NFL that would have taken the TD for the glory of it (Moss, Owens, CJohnson, etc). Because of the big egos and salaries involved it is speculated that there are not that many players that would have taken that selfless action for the sake of the team.

The problem is that there are so many players in the NFL that would have taken the TD for the glory of it (Moss, Owens, CJohnson, etc). Because of the big egos and salaries involved it is speculated that there are not that many players that would have taken that selfless action for the sake of the team.

Don't get me wrong, I understand why he's getting props. Like you said, many wouldn't have done this. I'm sure you agree, however, that in itself doesn't make this an act of true genius of selflessness. It just means that many players lack even a basic level of either.

Don't get me wrong, I understand why he's getting props. Like you said, many wouldn't have done this. I'm sure you agree, however, that in itself doesn't make this an act of true genius of selflessness. It just means that many players lack even a basic level of either.

Like someone posted earlier, DeAngelo Williams (and for that matter, the entire Panther's team).....Williams runs for a 35-yard TD, supposedly seasling the game, only to see Seattle come down the field and score a TD. Had there been 20-30 seconds left, rather than just 1, it could have been very interesting.

A Williams had pulled a Westy, Carolina wins 6-3 with Seattle never getting the ball back.

that is why i asked how many times a kneel down has created a turnover

Hypoththetically speaking doesnt ,how many times has a center snapped the ball early or late causing a fumble come into the play?

Edited by xtra

Hypoththetically speaking doesnt ,how many times has a center snapped the ball early or late causing a fumble come into the play?

I would think that the chances of that happening are much higher on a normal play when the dude is concerned about his assignment.

like detlef said running a normal play is much different then a kneel down. I have been looking but i cant find evidence of there ever being a fumbled snap on a kneel down to end the game or half