[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Conference Bowl Records

theeohiostate

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

USC should beat Illinois by at least 28 then. book it wildcat.

Illinois will give USC all they can handle. They have all the athleticism to compete with SC and Zook will play the "us against the world" card and have the Illini ready to play their best game of the year.

USC = 34

Illinois = 27

Illinois will give USC all they can handle. They have all the athleticism to compete with SC and Zook will play the "us against the world" card and have the Illini ready to play their best game of the year.

USC = 34

Illinois = 27

Wurd - I picked SC to win, not against the spread.

damn, the holiday season, and yer still as annoying as f*ck.

Quit with yer lame Pac 10 #1 vs Big 12 #4 3rd grade comparison chit. UT is solid, would give anyone a good game, and dummy anyone from yer sadsack league..........

I do believe OSU beat a MUCH better Texas team :D

damn, the holiday season, and yer still as annoying as f*ck.

Quit with yer lame Pac 10 #1 vs Big 12 #4 3rd grade comparison chit. UT is solid, would give anyone a good game, and dummy anyone from yer sadsack league..........

Arguing a game that was just played on the field against a mythical game in your mind...quality. And since when did any bowl game not mean chit? It is the only way to judge a conference. I mean, that is how you judge the Big 10 right? By the OSU/UM bowl games last year?

Arguing a game that was just played on the field against a mythical game in your mind...quality. And since when did any bowl game not mean chit? It is the only way to judge a conference. I mean, that is how you judge the Big 10 right? By the OSU/UM bowl games last year?

- well for one ASU is not the Pac 10 #1, so the rest of his point is meaningless. POS played this card last year, complaining how the Big 10 #6 had to play the SEC #2, and blah blah- care.

Hey- I make no excuses, ASU was overrated, UCLA is a mess right now, and Texas is pretty good. And in my post above, when all is said and done the Big 12 is prob better than the Pac 10 this year. So, Pac 10 slides to #3 overall..........

I can judge the Big 10 just fine by watching them only lose to OSU in league play and get absolutely dominated by Oregon -

- well for one ASU is not the Pac 10 #1, so the rest of his point is meaningless. POS played this card last year, complaining how the Big 10 #6 had to play the SEC #2, and blah blah- care.

Hey- I make no excuses, ASU was overrated, UCLA is a mess right now, and Texas is pretty good. And in my post above, when all is said and done the Big 12 is prob better than the Pac 10 this year. So, Pac 10 slides to #3 overall..........

I can judge the Big 10 just fine by watching them only lose to OSU in league play and get absolutely dominated by Oregon -

So when OSU comes in and beats Washington, you make the case the suck in the PAC10, but when a highly ranked PAC10 team loses, I can't make the same case ?

...............and the coverup begins...............I'm not sure, but didn't you spew how great the PAC 10 was all season, and how a mid level team in the PAC 10 could win the BIG 10 :D

For someone that pimped EVERY SINGLE PAC 10 TEAM at one time or another this season, your sure taking the Benedict Arnold now aren't you?

Edited by theeohiostate

Great showing by the Big 10 reps Michigan St in the Champs Bowl.

Michigan St. who finished 9th in the Big 10 and the last Big 10 team to be taken this bowl season, drew a very tuff matchup against the nations #14 team and #2 team in the ACC. Despite State's 5 turnovers they kept the game within reach till the very end, when the 5th and final TO killed their drive to tie the score.

#14 BC 24

# 41 MSU 21

Looks the the bottom of the Big 10 is showing some strength this bowl season.

Great showing by the Big 10 reps Michigan St in the Champs Bowl.

Michigan St. who finished 9th in the Big 10 and the last Big 10 team to be taken this bowl season, drew a very tuff matchup against the nations #14 team and #2 team in the ACC. Despite State's 5 turnovers they kept the game within reach till the very end, when the 5th and final TO killed their drive to tie the score.

#14 BC 24

# 41 MSU 21

Looks the the bottom of the Big 10 is showing some strength this bowl season.

did yer wife write this? tuff?

9th? :D , or we could call it tied for 5th maybe? the same MSU that lost to OSU by 7, or Mich by 4, or Wisky by 3? and BEAT Penn State

cmon dude yer a joke. MSU is the 5th or 6th best team.

way to take it like a man though - great showing? get outta here with this chit

did yer wife write this? tuff?

9th? :D , or we could call it tied for 5th maybe? the same MSU that lost to OSU by 7, or Mich by 4, or Wisky by 3? and BEAT Penn State

cmon dude yer a joke. MSU is the 5th or 6th best team.

way to take it like a man though - great showing? get outta here with this chit

you can try as you might to throw the focus off your sorry arse PAC10 teams, but the fact remains, the PAC10 regular season 1st place finisher ASU got punked. In fact UCLA and ASU both favorites lost. Oregon had only given up 1 TD all season in the 1st quarter in PAC 10 play, goes up against a decent team like Maryland :cough: :laugh: and gives up an opening drive TD.

Your never going to be a man and admit your foolishnish pimping every PAC10 team all season, now that they've fallen on their faces.

Fact is Michigan St is the worst BIG10 team in the bowls and if tiebreakers are considerend they finished 9th in the BIG 10 and almost took out #14 BC. We have taken care of our business and represented well, so keep up with your sorryass...exscuses and look more like the tool, we've all come to know you for :D

Your continues attempts to deflect attention from that sorryass conference you've pimped all season, is obviously being noticed.

Edited by theeohiostate

Can someone buy Oregon State a Quarterback? Jeez ....

Unbelieveable that the Beavers made a bowl game with such poor QB play. They have a great defense and should be beating this Maryland squad handily.

Agreed !

This is the 3rd best team in the PAC 10, scraping by the #10th ranked team in the ACC conference. PAC 10 isn't looking good at all. They had the best matchups of any conference in the bowls and have been far less then impressive, looks like wildcats was 100% wrong about this conference.

When the Illini beat SC, the Pac 10 will be fully exposed and should not have a team in the top 15 at the start of next year....that way a 1-loss Pac-10 team will climb to about 7 where they belong.......

LMAO...Oh Christ. How short is the Big-10's memory? In 3 of the past 5 years we've put a beat down on the Big 10 in the postseason on far superior teams than Illinois. Wanna put some money on the game?

2006 Rose Southern California 32, Michigan 18

2005 Rose Texas 41, Southern California 38

2004 Orange Southern California 55, Oklahoma 19

2003 Rose Southern California 28, Michigan 14

2002 Orange Southern California 38, Iowa 17

Every year it's the same. The Big 10 talks a bunch of trash but when all is said and done, it's the Big "Eh" Plus 10 other teams. LSU is going to put a major beatdown on OSU.

Edited by Trojanmojo

LMAO...Oh Christ. How short is the Big-10's memory? In 3 of the past 5 years we've put a beat down on the Big 10 in the postseason on far superior teams than Illinois. Wanna put some money on the game?

Every year it's the same. The Big 10 talks a bunch of trash but when all is said and done, it's the Big "Eh" Plus 10 other teams. LSU is going to put a major beatdown on OSU.

no kidding - thanks for bringing some reality into play......................................

Not hedging anything just pointing out the facts. I still feel that Oregon will beat your Bulls with their 3rd string QB. It's getting laughable how you guys continue to hang on to that horrible SC loss to Stanford. The envy for the SC program continues, year after year. I love it! :D

And for the record, I don't bash other conferences, I just point out that the PAC-10 year in and year out produces quality teams , quality players and is one of the top 2-3 conferences in major college football. I also have stated in previous posts my appreciation for the USF program and the quality year they've had prior to their loss to Oregon. :D

"Pointing out the facts"? The only fact you mentioned is that Oregon is likely to be playing their 3rd string QB, who by the way has been getting all the reps for like 2 months now... but that's neither here nor there.

Also, I'm not hanging on to anything. I couldn't care less about the Trojans beyond simply being a college football fan. I was merely utilizing an example that you would be very familiar with to make my point.

I didn't suggest that you bash other conferences and being one of the top 2-3 conferences in the country isn't saying much when you are the Pac 10. There are only 4 that anyone gives any love to begin with which is why I mentioned the Big East as "weak".

I don't give a flip about the Big 10 vs Pac 10 argument but this is an interesting post. Why, you ask? The fact that this is a conference supremacy argument and your list of games shows the relative dominance of 1 team. This simply helps to confirm what many of us believe already regarding the Pac 10... year in and year out USC is outstanding but after them there isn't much else.

"Pointing out the facts"? The only fact you mentioned is that Oregon is likely to be playing their 3rd string QB, who by the way has been getting all the reps for like 2 months now... but that's neither here nor there.

Also, I'm not hanging on to anything. I couldn't care less about the Trojans beyond simply being a college football fan. I was merely utilizing an example that you would be very familiar with to make my point.

I didn't suggest that you bash other conferences and being one of the top 2-3 conferences in the country isn't saying much when you are the Pac 10. There are only 4 that anyone gives any love to begin with which is why I mentioned the Big East as "weak".

WT :D

:D

WOW..Little frustration release. :D

Yep, the best run in USC's history filled with incredible teams from 02-05, and a very very good one in 06. That REALLY illustrates the Pac 10 being superior to the Big Ten. By that logic, that means that the Big East was incredible during Miami's run in 2000-2002? Is that really the case, or does it simply illustrate that USC and Miami were just really really great football teams?

Edited by GWPFFL BrianW

or does it simply illustrate that USC and Miami were just really really great football teams?

I vote for this one. One bad coaching decision away (Booty's broken thumb vs. Stanford) from being in the NC title game again this year. We USC fans are being spoiled, but I don't think the Pac10 is a great conference. But then again, its not horrible either - if QB Dixon was still healthy, I think the Ducks would be in N.O. and the favored team over OSU, with USC still in the Rose. But sh*t happens, just like it is happening in the bowls.

Enjoy everybody, and Happy New Years to all...

Agreed !

This is the 3rd best team in the PAC 10, scraping by the #10th ranked team in the ACC conference. PAC 10 isn't looking good at all. They had the best matchups of any conference in the bowls and have been far less then impressive, looks like wildcats was 100% wrong about this conference.

make up yer mind- MSU gets a pat on the back for a "Great effort and loss" but OSU gets a beat down for winning a game? get outta here with this lame BS -

yer point is 100% wrong on MSU- I watched alot of Big 10 games this year and MSU was one of the better teams in your conference, period. They were in almost every game, suffered a few close losses and actually had some playmakers.

yer excuse about them being the 9th best teasm in the Big 10 is flat out lame, ignorant, and just not accurate

I actually expected Michigan State to play well vs BC. It was a tough draw, being that BC was in the ACC Championship. It was one of those toss up games for me, because Michigan State is better than there record indicates. They finally have a coach that gets it. I expect MSU to do pretty well in the coming years. As for Oregon State. I agree with wildcat, win is a win. In all reality, Maryland isn't that bad, and it was actually a pretty evenly matched game. So congrats to the Beavers on picking up the Pac 10's first victory.