[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Worst BCS bowl season to date ?

theeohiostate

uh, doochbag- we already bet $100 on the game- hopefully you didn't forget. I could see it slip yer mind after pounding cough syrup and making random, idiotic posts all thru the holidays.

$100, and I have LSU SU - please confirm

i'll be your huckleberry

Us poor slow Big 10 fans aren't whining about anything aside of pointing out the obvious that some Megan Foxes as yourself fail to mention. I could however see these sunshine state teams crying their pretty blond hair g-string wairing eyes out, if they had to come in Big10 country and play ball.

Looks like your the one with very small balls about the NC Game. I can get 2.5 to 1 odds, but decided to punk you outright and drop the points. Anyone with any balls at all about the slow Big 10 should have laid down the points. More of the same, of why your know as pusslycat

Edited by theeohiostate

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do we really need to go over this again? :D Here, I'll make it easier for you midwesterners that obviously have several brain cells frozen due to the weather.

How would that PSU/TexAM matchup looked at Heinz Field? I trust it was in the 20's and probably snowing that day.

How would have the ILL/USC game looked at Soldier FIeld? Again, cold and snowy.

Michigan against Florida.... ooh, say this one was in a dome; Ford Field. Still, it's cold and snowy outside and who really wants to endure that when sunnier options are at your disposal and have been money-makers for years?

OSU vs. LSU in Cleveland or Cincy....?

..... you get the idea.

Again, Big Eleven Apologists, cry all you want about your poor wittle teams having to travel for their bowl games... but you have to be a complete and utter idiot to not realize that the bowl games are about MONEY and little else. The MONEY factor would be severely limited had these bowls been in cold-weather climates. Get a clue.

So you deny that the Big Ten had tougher match ups than any other conference? Tell me, which conference had a tougher slate of match ups? I'm not even talking about WHERE the bowls are played. I'm talking about the competition. SEC Champion, Pac 10 Champion, ACC Championship Runner Up, SEC Championship Runner Up, SEC #3. Don't lump me in the group of complaining about where these bowl games are played. I'm not even complaining about the competition. Just pointing it out. No Conference has bowl tie ins with tougher opponents than the Big Ten. Year in and year out. It is a fact that cannot be questioned. Big Ten could very well go 4-4 with that bowl slate, and while I don't think that in anyway makes the Big Ten the best conference, it doesn't mean they are as bad as they were labeled all year long.

i'll be your huckleberry

Us poor slow Big 10 fans aren't whining about anything aside of pointing out the obvious that some Megan Foxes as yourself fail to mention. I could however see these sunshine state teams crying their pretty blond hair g-string wairing eyes out, if they had to come in Big10 country and play ball.

Looks like your the one with very small balls about the NC Game. I can get 2.5 to 1 odds, but decided to punk you outright and drop the points. Anyone with any balls at all about the slow Big 10 should have laid down the points. More of the same, of why your know as pusslycat

:D

yer a freaking clown

YOU were popping off and talking chit- and saying you would bet anyone taking OSU SU...........

I simply accepted the offer - and now yer calling me out???? weak chit from you as usual - but by now I expect nothing less.

You had faith in yer Bucks a month ago- are we getting a little scared?

boy TOS- yer right, you punked me, I have $100 on a solid favorite without having to lay any chalk :D well done!!

Edited by wildcat2334

:D

yer a freaking clown

YOU were popping off and talking chit- and saying you would bet anyone taking OSU SU...........

I simply accepted the offer - and now yer calling me out???? weak chit from you as usual - but by now I expect nothing less.

You had faith in yer Bucks a month ago- are we getting a little scared?

boy TOS- yer right, you punked me, I have $100 on a solid favorite without having to lay any chalk :wacko: well done!!

You can defer facts all you'd like, but here is FACT, that is UNDENIABLE..................

Fact: Since week 1, you started to pimp a Pac 10 team and the conference for being the best and having a "said" best team.

Fact.............every week, you feel off the Pac10 team you were pimping the week before, and starting pimping the next in line saying the same 'ol chit.

Fact, you have been punked out several times by theeohiostate, to the point, where you have failed miserably in your futile attempts to reply to several posts calling you out.

Fact: you resort to name calling and Yo mama jokes because i have outwitted, outlasted and outclassed you in these forums for years.

Fact: I will be spending that $100 donation your giving me on a new Beanie Wells jersey to watch the Bucks.

Once again I call you out to disprove anything said in these comments. This is far to shameful for me to make up, it the story of your life around these parts. Sad, yes. But very true.

I'll be excited to hear which team you'll be riding next year, cause I'm pretty sure it won't be your hometeam Arizona Wildcats :D

Edited by theeohiostate

Can't remember a less competitive BCS Bowl season since it's inception, anyone ?

Rose Bowl - blowout

Sugar Bowl - blowout

Fiesta Bowl - OU should blow WV out

Orange Bowl -??? Really, do either VaTech or Kansas get anyone other then their fans excited to watch this game, especially when Kansas doesn't even deserve to be there ?

NC Game - appears that it will be a highly contested game, but with questions about the legitamacy of LSU being in this game over USC or OU , many will dismiss it.

Best bowl game i've seen this season in Michigan vs Florida or the Oregon ST/ Maryland game.

The Michigan / Florida game was great. Obviously I was wrong about the Illini staying with SC.

Not sure how any big 10'er can make excuses about unfavorable matchups after watching their 2nd place team get humiliated 49-17. SEC would have loved to send their 3rd or 4th place team to the West coast.

Not sure where I was making an excuse. Just pointing out, they have the toughest match ups. Please sir, give me 2 mid majors and a JV Florida State team. I wonder if the Big Ten would be sitting here with a above .500 record? Probably so. The Big Ten has performed pretty much exactly how I thought they would perform. I thought Purdue and Penn State would both win. They both did. I thought they would split the SEC-Big Ten New Years day match ups. They did. The only one that didn't pan out was Michigan State over Boston College. I thought the Spartans might pull that one out, but wasn't surprised that they didn't being that it was a game that should be won by BC. As for the losses? Indiana was a nice feel good story, but I didn't expect them to do anything, and they didn't. Illinois was completely in over their heads vs USC, and it showed. The other loss was the Wisconsin-Tennessee game which could have easily gone either way. I'm sure Florida or Tennessee would have loved to go out to get destroyed in the same manner that Illinois did. Florida gave up 500 + yards to a slow Michigan team, what do you think USC would have done to them. Not to mention, USC's defense is superior to Michigan, Florida might not have scored a point.

The Michigan / Florida game was great. Obviously I was wrong about the Illini staying with SC.

Agree with the Michigan / Florida game, but that wasn't a BCS Bowl game. I was directing the topic on the BCS selected games.

Ideally i would have loved to see these matchups

Sugar - Mizzou vs Georgia

Rose - OU vs USC

NC - OSU vs LSU

Fiesta - WV vs VaTech

Orange - Illinois vs Hawaii

Take Kansas out of the BCS alltogether, as they didn't deserve it over Mizzou.

I could say with certaintly , that these matchups would have had sports fans very excited about the BCS. They all are very evenly matched matchups and the winner of the Rose should get the split NC , with OSU winning.

Not sure how any big 10'er can make excuses about unfavorable matchups after watching their 2nd place team get humiliated 49-17. SEC would have loved to send their 3rd or 4th place team to the West coast.

Ummm. as a Vols fan (one of the 3rd or 4th best teams in the SEC. No, I certainly make no claims as the SEC's 2nd best team), I'm pretty glad we didn't get sent out to slaughter in Pasadena. I doubt USC would let us get away with some of the inane play calls we made in the red zone like Wisky did.

Not sure where I was making an excuse. Just pointing out, they have the toughest match ups. Please sir, give me 2 mid majors and a JV Florida State team. I wonder if the Big Ten would be sitting here with a above .500 record? Probably so. The Big Ten has performed pretty much exactly how I thought they would perform. I thought Purdue and Penn State would both win. They both did. I thought they would split the SEC-Big Ten New Years day match ups. They did. The only one that didn't pan out was Michigan State over Boston College. I thought the Spartans might pull that one out, but wasn't surprised that they didn't being that it was a game that should be won by BC. As for the losses? Indiana was a nice feel good story, but I didn't expect them to do anything, and they didn't. Illinois was completely in over their heads vs USC, and it showed. The other loss was the Wisconsin-Tennessee game which could have easily gone either way. I'm sure Florida or Tennessee would have loved to go out to get destroyed in the same manner that Illinois did. Florida gave up 500 + yards to a slow Michigan team, what do you think USC would have done to them. Not to mention, USC's defense is superior to Michigan, Florida might not have scored a point.

Brain, i read the majority of your posts and while you may show the Big10 homer in you, you basically remain as unbias a homer could be. With that said, your never going to get Rocker to admit to anything that would shed an ounce of doubt about this subject. The Big 10 has always gotten the short end of the stick when it comes to bowl games. We have to go into SEC-BIG12 or PAC10 areas for every matchup, this is an uncontested truth. We have to play with a minority of hometown viewers in 90+% of these games, this also is an undeniable truth. We do however get a fair shake in the BCS standings which i'd never deny. For someone to contest any of these things really shows their inability to be honest about the truthes of the game.

The Big10 held serve this bowl season and should finish @love , when OSU beat LSU at home. Rockers must come to the reality one day, that the SEC has only beaten the Big 10 in H2H matchups 50% of the time, WOW? Most of those games have been played in their backyards, which is always and advantage, even more so, most of those games, the Big 10 has been the underdog in a lopsided matchup.

The reality is, the Big 10 has 11 teams. The SEC has 12 . They get another team to choose from over the Big 10 each season, thus a bigger pool. The SEC is deeper, but deeper doesn't translate at the top. Michigan and OSU will always be as good as the LSU and Florida's. Speed is myth and homefield advantages are facts.

Ummm. as a Vols fan (one of the 3rd or 4th best teams in the SEC. No, I certainly make no claims as the SEC's 2nd best team), I'm pretty glad we didn't get sent out to slaughter in Pasadena. I doubt USC would let us get away with some of the inane play calls we made in the red zone like Wisky did.

Keep in mind Big 10 homers think you are just like they claimed Arkansas was last year. The difference between the SEC and some of the other conferences is that the SEC welcomes the challenge of being the underdog. Look at last year. Do you think Florida was complaining about having to face the #1 team in the nation? Nah. Do you think LSU is complaining this year?

The reason why it seems the SEC gets so many easy bowl games is because there are simply not enough good teams out there to matchup with all the SEC teams unless of course the the other bowls would be willing to give up their top teams.

In short, there is the SEC and everything is just football. :D

Keep in mind Big 10 homers think you are just like they claimed Arkansas was last year. The difference between the SEC and some of the other conferences is that the SEC welcomes the challenge of being the underdog. Look at last year. Do you think Florida was complaining about having to face the #1 team in the nation? Nah. Do you think LSU is complaining this year?

The reason why it seems the SEC gets so many easy bowl games is because there are simply not enough good teams out there to matchup with all the SEC teams unless of course the the other bowls would be willing to give up their top teams.

In short, there is the SEC and everything is just football. :D

I mentioned 3 games. You don't think getting to face 2 mid majors and a Florida State missing 39 players basically. I thought Clemson and Colorado and yes even the 2 big ten teams were fair match ups, and obviously Mizzou was way too much for the SEC to handle. Then again, in all reality, so was Michigan. Michigan left 21 points off the board. We're talking about blow out city in that one. So yes, you're right, I don't think Central Florida, Hawaii, and a depleted Florida State matched up well at all with the SEC. In fact, I don't think they'd match up well at all vs similarly ranked teams from any conferece. Fairly certain, Illinois would have destroyed Hawaii the same way Georgia did, and I'm quite certain that a team like Michigan State or Penn State would be able to handle Central Florida or Florida State. And oh by the way... Big Tens top 4, could very well go 2-2, the same record as the SEC's top 4.

Thread is about the BCS Bowl games , not the rest of the bowls.

Think he was referring to BCS bowls. Even then the results have been pretty much the same up to this point.

Rose Bowl

2007 USC had their way with Michigan (32-18) and this year with Illinois (49-17)

Sugar Bowl

2007 LSU had their way with Notre Dame (41-14) and Georgia with Hawaii (41-10)

Party poopers. :D

I thought the BCS was the division now... elitists. I'm gonna take my ball and go home.

I mentioned 3 games. You don't think getting to face 2 mid majors and a Florida State missing 39 players basically. I thought Clemson and Colorado and yes even the 2 big ten teams were fair match ups, and obviously Mizzou was way too much for the SEC to handle. Then again, in all reality, so was Michigan. Michigan left 21 points off the board. We're talking about blow out city in that one. So yes, you're right, I don't think Central Florida, Hawaii, and a depleted Florida State matched up well at all with the SEC. In fact, I don't think they'd match up well at all vs similarly ranked teams from any conferece. Fairly certain, Illinois would have destroyed Hawaii the same way Georgia did, and I'm quite certain that a team like Michigan State or Penn State would be able to handle Central Florida or Florida State. And oh by the way... Big Tens top 4, could very well go 2-2, the same record as the SEC's top 4.

Well, I know this isn't the company line, but I've been rather on the record as saying that, while the SEC was certainly the deepest conference out there, we lacked an elite team. Perhaps that team was UGA or LSU but all UGA did was destroy a team that didn't belong playing on Jan. 1 the same way LSU did last year. None the less, that game was over by the 2nd quarter and you can't fault them for who they played. As for the rest, I can't feel guilty about who the 6th-9th best teams in the conference draw in the bowls. I mean, honestly, the 9th best out of 12 teams in your conference?

I'm not really sold on LSU but hardly sold on OSU as well. Certainly I'd love to see LSU win but mostly because I want to see TOSU's head explode.

What I think is getting lost in the Michigan game is two things. #1) A team that has talent and just hasn't put it together is always a dangerous team. There's no reason at all they should have been an 11 pt dog. A dog? Absolutely, but not by more than a TD. #2) They played out of their freaking minds. Dude's catching passes behind their back, etc. That must have been one hell of a pre-game talk because that sort of fire is exactly what Michigan has been lacking for the past few years.

I'll admit it, to a degree, I think the Big 10 sort of has our number. I'm not as over the top SEC ga ga as Rocker, but I still think it's a stronger conference than the Big 10 and I'm always surprised that we don't fare better against you all in our bowl games.

It is also fair to point to the fact that none of you guys play bowls in Big 10 country, but it's also no surprise that you travel well. I mean, who in Ohio, Mich, Wisc, etc wouldn't want to head to AZ, CA, FL in January? Watching the Outback Bowl yesterday, I saw plenty of red. If UT had any more fans there, it wasn't by much. Hell, the Wisky QBs family has a second house in Tampa.

Brian take a look at who the Big 10 played outside the SEC . Give me a break.

Central Michigan, BC, A&M, Oklahoma State, USC

Not exactly tough opponents besides USC which Georgia would have been happy to play. Can't tell me you wouldn't have been saying the same thing if the SEC teams would have been given those same matchups. The truth is the SEC is pretty darn good from top to bottom, so every matchup looks like a SEC win.

Edited by Rockerbraves

All we hear is how Georgia would have been happy to play USC.................Well ! So was Illinois and we see how that turned out. No evidence that Georgia would have faired any better, and it's a very good change Illinois gave USC a better game :D

When does happy to be there, translate into winning :D

Agree with the Michigan / Florida game, but that wasn't a BCS Bowl game. I was directing the topic on the BCS selected games.

Ideally i would have loved to see these matchups

Sugar - Mizzou vs Georgia

Rose - OU vs USC

NC - OSU vs LSU

Fiesta - WV vs VaTech

Orange - Illinois vs Hawaii

Take Kansas out of the BCS alltogether, as they didn't deserve it over Mizzou.

I could say with certaintly , that these matchups would have had sports fans very excited about the BCS. They all are very evenly matched matchups and the winner of the Rose should get the split NC , with OSU winning.

Illinois would not have made a BCS bowl if the Rose didn't take them, that is a fact.

Illinois would not have made a BCS bowl if the Rose didn't take them, that is a fact.

Who else do you put in?

ASU, Kansas or Florida ?

ASU and Florida got spanked and Kansas may be weaker then either. Illinois is probably as good as any of the 4 .

Edited by theeohiostate

Who else do you put in?

ASU, Kansas or Florida ?

ASU and Florida got spanked and Kansas may be weaker then either. Illinois is probably as good as any of the 4 .

Missouri, once they lost to OU (again). Of course, since the bowl can only be made up of teams from two specific conferences, no matter how sucky, it is a moot point. ANY team should be able to play in ANY BCS bowl. If you have to be selective by conference, then strip them of the BCS monniker and give it to a competitive bowl.

Besides that, I would love to see OSU against any one of the top THREE big 12 teams (OU, MIzzou & KU). Big 12 wins each and every contest this year.

Edited by cre8tiff

Part of the challenge for the SEC teams is that every team playing against a SEC team has a slight advantage IMO of getting up for the game. Much like teams do (even this year) when they play Notre Dame.

Teams should welcome the challenge of playing the best instead of looking for a patsy team to whip up on. No one can convince me that Georgia was happy to be playing Hawaii instead of taken on the challenge of playing a team like USC. And I bet if you asked Illinois players or fans yesterday morning who they preferred to play they would have also said USC. To me it's all about the challenge. Last season LSU sold over 40,000 tickets to the Rose Bowl when it looked almost certain they were goint to be playing in the Rose.

Brian take a look at who the Big 10 played outside the SEC . Give me a break.

Central Michigan, BC, A&M, Oklahoma State, USC

Not exactly tough opponents besides USC which Georgia would have been happy to play. Can't tell me you wouldn't have been saying the same thing if the SEC teams would have been given those same matchups. The truth is the SEC is pretty darn good from top to bottom, so every matchup looks like a SEC win.

Boston College while probably overrated, went to the ACC championship, and it's not like we sent the cream of the crop to face them. Iowa beat Michigan State for god sakes, so that should tell you right there, that ACC #2 and ranked fairly high certainly didn't get the best of Big Ten teams. Texas A & M was coming off the big win vs the Longhorns, and playing in their own home state. Penn State won, like they should have they were favored. Not only that but I'm not even saying the Big Ten is better than the SEC. I'm saying that you're pointing to SEC's bowl record as if it's some sort of great feat. Your top 4 could very well go 2-2, same as the Big Tens. I'm simply pointing to those 3 games, all match ups I believe the Big Ten would have won with similarly grouped teams. Hawaii, Central Florida, and Florida State. You can argue about the rest of them, I think the rest of the bowl match ups are apples to apples when you're talking about teams like Texas A &M, Clemson, Oklahoma State etc. And if you look at the top 4 of each conference, with 3 of our 4 best playing each other, I think you can see why I'm here to tell you that the SEC isn't that great. They are probably the best and deepest conference, but you've been dubbing them as the best conference in history all year long.