[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

ACC Hoops

billay

Man I didn't want to do it. Ok first off, I mentioned before the supporting cast that Collison had didn't I? I thought I did, but just in case you missed it...

KU starters

Drew Gooden

Nick Collison

Kirk Hinrich

Aaron Milles

Wayne Simian

UNC starters

Ty Lawson

Wayne Ellington

Marcus Grinyard

Deon Thompson

Tyler Hansborough

All of that supporting cast contributed for Kansas, which in turn makes it a little easier for a guy like Collison do score. Tyler is often double and triple teamed not to mention Ty Lawson has been hurt most of this year. But if you really don't believe me, just check out compared stats of the two up to their Junior Year. :wacko:

I went to Kansas State. The Big 12 is no comparison the the ACC. Is the proof in the pudding? Need I show you more?

2007 RPI

2008 RPI

2008 is a good year for the Big 12...but not as good as the ACC just as Collison was not a "much better" player in college than Psycho-T is now.

PARTNAH

first of all I could care less on an ACC/Big 12 comparison-

I was just commenting that I thoght Collison was/is a better player than Tyler - So KU had a good team- UNC has 3 NBA ballers on their roster- what is yer point? Hansbrough is a great college player- however Collison was a better all around player and had more potential-

Collison was a lottery pick- will Tyler be??? I seriously doubt it.

The ACC is garbage this year- and Hansbrough is having his way against bad big men - send him out west to the Pac 10 , and his numbers would take a big drop.-

Lopez , Love, Gibson, Devon Hardin, Ryan Anderson - and the 6'7 white-boy would be in for a reality check..............Lopez is a lottery lock- and the other dudes are going to be 1st rd picks next year- I like Hansbrough, he works hard - I just think he is the classic great college player that will not translate to the pros- and I would be surprised if he turns out as good as Collison, who actually has produced pretty well when given solid minutes

He is a better verision of Mark Madsen, next........

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

first of all I could care less on an ACC/Big 12 comparison-

I was just commenting that I thoght Collison was/is a better player than Tyler - So KU had a good team- UNC has 3 NBA ballers on their roster- what is yer point? Hansbrough is a great college player- however Collison was a better all around player and had more potential-

Collison was a lottery pick- will Tyler be??? I seriously doubt it.

The ACC is garbage this year- and Hansbrough is having his way against bad big men - send him out west to the Pac 10 , and his numbers would take a big drop.-

Lopez , Love, Gibson, Devon Hardin, Ryan Anderson - and the 6'7 white-boy would be in for a reality check..............Lopez is a lottery lock- and the other dudes are going to be 1st rd picks next year- I like Hansbrough, he works hard - I just think he is the classic great college player that will not translate to the pros- and I would be surprised if he turns out as good as Collison, who actually has produced pretty well when given solid minutes

He is a better verision of Mark Madsen, next........

Pretty good. Make sure you use good shovel to clean up all that bullshyt you just spewed. Check the links...nuff said

Pretty good. Make sure you use good shovel to clean up all that bullshyt you just spewed. Check the links...nuff said

TOS, is that you??? I had no idea you were a college hoops fan............................

b/c stats always tell the whole story- Collison was tremendous,

maybe it is yer KSU inferioirity complex and hate on the better school, KU

Collison was a lottery pick- you wanna make a little wager that Tyler won't be????

let's go

Edited by wildcat2334

TOS, is that you??? I had no idea you were a college hoops fan............................

Collison was a lottery pick- you wanna make a little wager that Tyler won't be????

let's go

Collison got picked 12th. I think Tyler will get picked by at least 15th. Now I was never a KState Basketball fan. Always been a Tarheel. I actually went for Kansas back in the day because of Roy...

let's go

Well, I'm lookin at the stats, and Hansbrough and Collison are pretty much a wash. Hansbrough has the edge in points and rebounds per game. Collison has an edge in blocks but averaged more turnovers. They are a wash on assists and steals. Take into account that Hansbrough's free throw % is about 20 points higher than Collison, and I'm not convinced that he was any better than Hansbrough is now. Also, Hansbrough is a junior and if he stays, it's reasonable to assume that his numbers for secondary statistics will improve.

I agree that Hansbrough will not be an NBA all-star, but he could have a productive career. He's just not a great fit right now, and doesn;t yet have the skill set to compete with 4's in the pros. He's working on them however. I hope he stays another year, but that will be decided by his projected draft position and whether or not UNC can win a NC.

Compare him to Madsen all you want, the two guys aren't in the same league, and I think Tyler would do just fine in any league. Tyler is getting double and triple teamed every night and there are plenty of teams in the ACC with 2 or 3 respectable big men: Clemson, Maryland, NC State, and Ga. Tech to name a few. How many times have you watched the guy play wildcat? He's the frontrunner and could be a concensus national player of the year. Diss on the ACC all you want. Tyler Hansbrough is one of the great ones.

Well, I'm lookin at the stats, and Hansbrough and Collison are pretty much a wash. Hansbrough has the edge in points and rebounds per game. Collison has an edge in blocks but averaged more turnovers. They are a wash on assists and steals. Take into account that Hansbrough's free throw % is about 20 points higher than Collison, and I'm not convinced that he was any better than Hansbrough is now. Also, Hansbrough is a junior and if he stays, it's reasonable to assume that his numbers for secondary statistics will improve.

I agree that Hansbrough will not be an NBA all-star, but he could have a productive career. He's just not a great fit right now, and doesn;t yet have the skill set to compete with 4's in the pros. He's working on them however. I hope he stays another year, but that will be decided by his projected draft position and whether or not UNC can win a NC.

Compare him to Madsen all you want, the two guys aren't in the same league, and I think Tyler would do just fine in any league. Tyler is getting double and triple teamed every night and there are plenty of teams in the ACC with 2 or 3 respectable big men: Clemson, Maryland, NC State, and Ga. Tech to name a few. How many times have you watched the guy play wildcat? He's the frontrunner and could be a concensus national player of the year. Diss on the ACC all you want. Tyler Hansbrough is one of the great ones.

Billay - cmon now- I have all the respect in the world for the ACC - but it is down this year..........

Tyler is a GREAT college player without question- somewhat tongue in cheek, but cmon, you can't tell me you don't see a much more skilled Mark Madsen. Goofy white boy, works hard, mechanical moves, with limited athleticism- I think there is some similarities there. Look, I am a diehard Sonics fan- and I had the same reaction when they chose Collison- 6'8 white dood with limited skills- and I think his ceiling is/was higher than Tyler's. and we were all screaming for David West or Barbosa, but that is a whole nother story -

sorry I am just over the 6'8 great white boy college PF they just don't translate to the NBA level...... the list goes on and on...............

nothing personal against Tyler at all.

Billay - cmon now- I have all the respect in the world for the ACC - but it is down this year..........

Tyler is a GREAT college player without question- somewhat tongue in cheek, but cmon, you can't tell me you don't see a much more skilled Mark Madsen. Goofy white boy, works hard, mechanical moves, with limited athleticism- I think there is some similarities there. Look, I am a diehard Sonics fan- and I had the same reaction when they chose Collison- 6'8 white dood with limited skills- and I think his ceiling is/was higher than Tyler's. and we were all screaming for David West or Barbosa, but that is a whole nother story -

sorry I am just over the 6'8 great white boy college PF they just don't translate to the NBA level...... the list goes on and on...............

nothing personal against Tyler at all.

Don't get me wrong. I see the Madson comparison. Physically they are identical, they are both kind of a spaz, but the fact of the matter is that Tyler is a much better basketball player. I agree that the ACC is down as a conference, but that doesn't translate to a lack of quality big men. Tyler gets absolutely swamped every night. Opposing teams defensive strategies completely focus on trying to shut him down night in and night out, and they still can't do it. Take one of UNC's best players off the floor, and defensively it out to get easier to focus on Hansbrough, no? Wrong. Hansbrough averages have increase significantly since Lawson has been out. Madsen never had to face opposition like that, so your estimation of competiton is skewed.

Don't get me wrong. I see the Madson comparison. Physically they are identical, they are both kind of a spaz, but the fact of the matter is that Tyler is a much better basketball player. I agree that the ACC is down as a conference, but that doesn't translate to a lack of quality big men. Tyler gets absolutely swamped every night. Opposing teams defensive strategies completely focus on trying to shut him down night in and night out, and they still can't do it. Take one of UNC's best players off the floor, and defensively it out to get easier to focus on Hansbrough, no? Wrong. Hansbrough averages have increase significantly since Lawson has been out. Madsen never had to face opposition like that, so your estimation of competiton is skewed.

+1

Saw your note in the Football Forum about Hansbrough. Bleh. He might be the best overall college player at this point due to his experience/talent mix, but that does not, in any way, translate into best NBA prospect.

I hear ya. No doubt that Beasley will be a much better fit in the NBA.

What do you think the odds that THIS gets blown completely out of proportion in the near future?

Its being reported today that he was misquoted and he never said "unlike other schools" and that the radio station has said their sorry.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/23457970/

Coach Roy .......calling Coach Roy............. yo rabbit ears.............. were waiting for that apology.

Edited by jackshi17

Its being reported today that he was misquoted and he never said "unlike other schools" and that the radio station has said their sorry.

Coach Roy .......calling Coach Roy............. yo rabbit ears.............. were waiting for that apology.

Really? Adam Gold is an idiot anyways. I listen to him, unfortunately, and I think he is actually a Maryland grad. Figures. Roy, if necessary, WILL apologize.

What's to apologize for?

" coach their own damn team, I'll coach my team." on his radio show.

Billay

Ready to wager again on avi and sigline?

If so then this time we'll do it until the end of ACC tournament.

Edited by jackshi17

" coach their own damn team, I'll coach my team." on his radio show.

Billay

Ready to wager again on avi and sigline?

If so then this time we'll do it until the end of ACC tournament.

Oh yes, no doubt. I'm so ready to get rid of these awful things.

Clemson impresses me - I would not want a piece of them in the tourney - wow are they versatile and active, share the chit out of the ball and play as hard as any team I have seen......

And they've got 4 big bodies to bang in the middle.