[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chinese prices going up, up, up

The Irish Doggy

NYTimes

Seriously, this is big. Between the price of raw goods, labor problems, and the exchange rate, we're all going to be paying a lot more for Chinese goods.

yeah, i posted something a few months ago about it(Chinese Export Tax Rebates seeing BIG Changes)...i just got a quote on a few thousand teddy bears for a customer and what normally would have been priced around $2.50/bear came in close to $4.00

if they go high enough maybe we will buy products elsewhere or more Made in the USA :wacko:

We're already seeing a lot more "cut and sew" goods (like luggage) from Vietnam. That's because the labor is cheaper, but Vietnam doesn't have the factories and infrastructure for metals and plastics like China does.. yet.

The higher the cost for foreign goods the better.

The Mrs. and I, alittle over a year ago, made a concerted effort to reduce our consumption of Chinese goods. It wasn't all that hard and what you get are better products for a marginal increase in cost.

Edited by SuperCharger

Of course we should buy from the USA, but you know it still wouldn't be a bad idea to take some of our dollars out of China and buy from Mexico. If we stimulated that economy enough maybe they would build more factories and the illegals would stay home and work there. :wacko:

Edited by CaP'N GRuNGe

The Mrs. and I, alittle over a year ago, made a concerted effort to reduce our consumption of Chinese goods. It wasn't all that hard and what you get are better products for a marginal increase in cost.

it is a double edged sword too...i HAD to buy all my products from China because a parent wouldnt spend what it would cost to have my bears and their clothing manufactured here....NOTE I SAID HAD and thats not because I am buying from a different source outside of china....it would be great if we could all just buy US Made but unfortunately right now that is NOT an option.

perception is reality and maybe the items you cut out had a marginal increase at the cash register but not all options would be marginal

perception is reality and maybe the items you cut out had a marginal increase at the cash register but not all options would be marginal

We didn't go strictly USA, that's almost impossible and would be extremely expensive. We wanted to focus on eliminating Chinese goods. We happily buy Mexican and Canadian products and even certain European ones as well.

We were never WalMart shoppers, we preferred Target. But Target seems to be just another ChinaMart.