[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bed times on school nights

Missoula Griz

My 6th grader's lights go off at 9:30 and my 2nd grader at 9:00. Both get up around 7AM.

6th grader rolls pretty good in the morning. 2nd grade daughter can be a little pissy. I am thinking maybe she needs to get to bed earlier.

What about the rest of the parents here?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D

:wacko:

1st grader- 8:30

3 yr old- 8:00

Do both always fall right to sleep? Hell no! More often then not there's issues but it's good to get an early start. Morning comes fast and along with it, the crankiness if the proper rest isn't had.

Edited by irish

I've wondered about this as well. Should I be strict about bed times with pre-school aged children. I put my 1.5 yr old down at around 7:30-8:00 and my 3yr old around 8:00-9:00. More for me than it is for them. I need some me time to wind down before i go to sleep.

I've wondered about this as well. Should I be strict about bed times with pre-school aged children. I put my 1.5 yr old down at around 7:30-8:00 and my 3yr old around 8:00-9:00. More for me than it is for them. I need some me time to wind down before i go to sleep.

Emphatic yes..Set the standard now or pay later. You and the Mrs deserve the downtime and the times you listed above are fair enough. The later you get this set the more difficult it will be to get them on board down the line

Edited by whomper

whomper's kids put him to bed.

our 3-y-o goes to bed at 9. routine is good. same thing every night -- brush teeth, read a couple books, have some water and lights out. it's easier for them if they know what to expect.

I don't believe in the 'Babywise' method of strict schedules. But whether they know it or not, pre-school aged kids like having a routine. Mine function well when stick to the routine. So the order of things generally stays the same, even if we don't do things at the same time everyday. But we set targets for "normal" nights, then adjust based on the day's events (did they take good naps, are they feeling sick, did they have an active day, etc).

But I hear ya on the 'me time,' My solution is never to go bed before midnight.

But I hear ya on the 'me time,' My solution is never to go bed before midnight.

There is nothing better than the two or three hours in the evening after the kids are settled. I never knew just how valuable silence is.

definitely. i'm usually up till 1. having time to do my own thing is invaluable. plus i'm able to take her potty before i go to bed, which helps her sleep longer.

My 1 year old goes down at 6:30PM every night, sleeps until 7:30AM.

My 3 year old goes down around 7:30PM, sleeps until 7:00AM.

The older one putzes around in his room for a while sometimes, but he's not allowed to come out unless there's a problem.

Edited by Hugh 0ne

1st grade - 8:00. She doesn't fall alseep much before 9:00, but even that 1 hour of laying in the dark and resting makes a big difference in the morning. Children under the age of 12 need 10 hours of legit sleep. If you allow them to stay up late, you are doing them a huge disservice. No offense Whomp.

1st grade - 8:00. She doesn't fall alseep much before 9:00, but even that 1 hour of laying in the dark and resting makes a big difference in the morning. Children under the age of 12 need 10 hours of legit sleep. If you allow them to stay up late, you are doing them a huge disservice. No offense Whomp.

None taken. We dont do it on purpose. They just bitch slap us in that dept no matter what we try. We had it going good for a while and we blew it . They get about 8.5 -9 hours a night.

My 1 year old goes down at 6:30PM every night, sleeps until 7:30AM.

My 3 year old goes down around 7:30PM, sleeps until 7:00AM.

The older one putzes around in his room for a while sometimes, but he's not allowed to come out unless there's a problem.

You lucky bastard !!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't know if its still helpful way down here, but if you're still assembling stats: 3rd grader and Pre-Ker at 8:15-8:30, and 2 y.o. at around 8pm, sometimes earlier. They all sleep until around 6:30-7am - even on weekends.......

E2A: Same bedtimes on weekends. Consistency is best...

Edited by Coffeeman