[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bed times on school nights

Missoula Griz

You'll want to get him down to 2 naps pretty soon. Then at about 18 months or so maybe down to 1 nap. My 3 year old just stopped taking naps alltogether. Every kid is different of course, but at 7 months I'd seriously consider getting him on a 2 nap a day schedule, he's old enough now. They key to all of this is being as ridgid as possible with the schedule. Infants and toddlers need schedules and structure. Obviously in today's world it's easier said than done.

our girl just turned 3 a few weeks ago. she stopped taking naps six months ago, when we switched her to the toddler bed (she was like, "wait, i can get out of bed by myself now? screw this sleep just order the fish for goodness sake!"). the "no nap" routine is hard. she goes to bed at 9 and sleeps until 8 or 9 am every day, but some days she can get cranky with no nap. when she did nap, she would sleep for 2-3 hours, but one day she just up and stopped.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, if he plays sports then it's due to double practices. 5:30 - 7 then 2:30 - 5:00.

At least that's how our HS sports programs were structured.

True, I forgot that some sports will have practice before school. Isn't Semi in swimming? But your right. Still sucks.

True, I forgot that some sports will have practice before school. Isn't Semi in swimming? But your right. Still sucks.

He poses as a streetwalker from 5-7

My little one is like old school Eddie George. She gets stronger with more carries as the games go on.

This made me laugh, my 3yr. old is the same. 9pm she's still doing bouncing and doing cartwheels...while me and mom are both spent.

My 9 yr. old goes in to read about 8:30 , lights out at 9-9:15

9 month old - to bed at 8:00 PM, up at 7:30 AM

5 year old - to bed at 8:30 PM, up at 7:30-8:00 AM

10 year old - to bed at 9:00 PM, up at 7:30 AM

14 year old - to bed at 10-11 PM; up at 6:45 AM

17 year old - to bed at 10-12; up at 6:15 AM

The older two are pretty good at going to bed early when they need to, as their homework and activities have a big part in their sleep time. The younger three are pretty regular, although we will make exceptions from time to time.

9 month old - to bed at 8:00 PM, up at 7:30 AM

5 year old - to bed at 8:30 PM, up at 7:30-8:00 AM

10 year old - to bed at 9:00 PM, up at 7:30 AM

14 year old - to bed at 10-11 PM; up at 6:45 AM

17 year old - to bed at 10-12; up at 6:15 AM

The older two are pretty good at going to bed early when they need to, as their homework and activities have a big part in their sleep time. The younger three are pretty regular, although we will make exceptions from time to time.

Its easy to see what you and the Mrs do with your downtime..Make more kids :wacko:

It's cyclical, every 4-5 years. We're not due for another 4 years or so. :D

I may be wrong and if I am my bad but if I am pretty sure it was you who had a post that cracked me up bigtime. We were talking about kids and I think it was you that got your wife pregnant while she was on the pill or after you got fixed. Something like that and your post was just this

I just cant be stopped :wacko:

I gotta find it now

My 2.5 year old daughter is in bed everynight by 7:30-7:45 and sleeps until around 7, unless the damn trash truck wakes her up sometimes around 3AM and then she goes right back to sleep. We just converted her crib to a toddler bed and she has fallen out of it 4 or 5 times since sunday, wife goes in and picks her up from a full sleep and puts her back in. We tried to find a bed rail for a toddler bed and can't find one so I am in the process of making it into her full bed

We tried to find a bed rail for a toddler bed and can't find one so I am in the process of making it into her full bed

I have one that I just took off my daughters bed. not sure how to get it to you, it's kind of long. Let me know.

I may be wrong and if I am my bad but if I am pretty sure it was you who had a post that cracked me up bigtime. We were talking about kids and I think it was you that got your wife pregnant while she was on the pill or after you got fixed. Something like that and your post was just this

I gotta find it now

I cant find it..But it was you and funny as hell

the damn trash truck wakes her up sometimes around 3AM and then she goes right back to sleep.

Your trash guys come at 3am? Yeesh, I have a hard enough time getting it to the curb by 8:30am :D

ETA: Hey! What the hell, my avy was zapped. :wacko:

Edited by twiley

daughter is almost 2. we just converted her crib to a bed 2 weeks ago. she takes about a 2 hr nap around noon-1. we try to get here down around 7:30-8p. she gets up once at night and we bring her in with us and she sleeps until about 6:30-8a. she has always had difficulty getting to sleep in her crib. she is doing very well in her bed and we are able to get her back down in her bed in the middle of the night...only rarely now do we bring her in. every once in a while she would be a little wired and couldn't sleep unitl about 9-10....

I gotta find it now

:DHere you go

You know, we had a crib for my boy and he used it all of 6 months until he broke the whole gate part right off. After that, with our daughter, we never even used a crib. It was right into the bottom bunk. Neither of them have fallen out of bed.

How do you guys feel about your kids sleeping with you? Almost every night my kids will sneak out of bed and into mine. I dont really mind and never make them go back to thiers but I was wondering if there are any arguments why they shouldnt be allowed.

You know, we had a crib for my boy and he used it all of 6 months until he broke the whole gate part right off. After that, with our daughter, we never even used a crib. It was right into the bottom bunk. Neither of them have fallen out of bed.

How do you guys feel about your kids sleeping with you? Almost every night my kids will sneak out of bed and into mine. I dont really mind and never make them go back to thiers but I was wondering if there are any arguments why they shouldnt be allowed.

well if u dont mind them sleeping with you at 12 i would break the cycle soon

well if u dont mind them sleeping with you at 12 i would break the cycle soon

Yeah, kids sleeping in bed with you sets kind of a wierd precedent. I'll leave it at that, since it's my opinion, and I know many people will disagree. Neither of my boys have ever slept in our bed, and they never will.

My 9 year old stopped about 2 years ago for good and was probably on an off from 5-7 and we thought when he was little it would be brutal to get him to stay in his own bed. I think he finally figured out that being away from mom and dad was a good thing as he could watch TV, sneak snacks, etc... (can of worms just opened).

My 7 year year old rarely sleeps with us. In reality he can't, he's about 4'6' and 70 pounds and likes to spread out. No one except him gets much sleep when he's in the bed.

My 3 year old sleeps with us about 50% of the time. I have to admit that I like her right next to me but I'm always worreid about where my pillow is because even at 3 she is so small. Bedtime is when she is most precious so I like to enjoy that a few nights a week because the other parts of the day she is a terror and a beyotch. (is it ok to call your 3 year old a beyotch? :wacko::D)