[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bernard Berrian

kpholmes

i think 40 mil is stretching it. he hasn't proven himself that much. imo, he's worth 25mil over 4 years with 10-12 up front or guaranteed. That's reasonable.

I think the bears have no intention of letting him walk, and he'll get his deal.

I think the deal they offered was fair, minus the guaranteed. What's a few mil amongst friends?

As far as #1 potential? Maybe not with Grossman. A better QB he might be star material. But as a #2, he's beyond super star. he's as good as Wayne was as the #2 guy behind Marv.

I'd like to see Carolina make a play for him. Even tho he thinks he's #1 material, and Moose prolly believes he's still #2 material, with that trio on the field, we could neglect our running game propa! Which all know is Carolina's thing.

Anyway, KC could be a fit, or TB, SF. BAL . Lots of fits for him and they'll pay what he wants. I think he's being reasonable, but the Bears offer was fair enough. Can't fault either party

According to Adam Schefter of NFL Network, the Jags have reached an agreement with Porter on a six-year deal worth $30 million, with $10 million in guaranteed money.

Porter got 6 years and 30 million....Berrian will definitly get 35 mil or more.

http://blogs.suntimes.com/bears/2008/02/be...it_with_wr.html

Berrian Visiting Oakland

WR Bernard Berrian is scheduled to meet with the Raiders.

Berrian visited with the Vikings on Friday and there is still a chance that he could sign with the them. But if the re-signing of DT Tommy Kelly showed us anything, it showed us owner Al Davis will throw money at someone he loves.

However, when Mark Bradley played when Berrian was out, he played better, in my estimation, than Berrian did. My two cents.

I happened to look at his stats - he only had six catches last year and they were all in different games. :wacko: