[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Test anxiety

polksalet

It's back, I just counter punched with a green nyquil caplet.

That works.

When I don't feel like medicating, I usually do a glass of milk and read a book in bed. When I've got stress on the brain, I usually end up falling asleep face first in the book.

When it's so bad I can't even read, then I know I've got problems.

I still have nightmares about taking tests in college! :wacko:

I routinely have anxiety-laden dreams that I forgot to complete something minor in high school, which legally invalidates every degree and professional achievement I've completed since then.

• 1 month later...

I have been studying non-stop for the last few weeks. I was lying in bed last night when I realized I had not bathed in around five days. I have also developed two large boils on my nose and on on my butt. I have no idea what this means. Fortunately since I now sleep about 4 hours per night I have time to contemplate it. I can't wait til this is over.

come on friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been studying non-stop for the last few weeks. I was lying in bed last night when I realized I had not bathed in around five days. I have also developed two large boils on my nose and on on my butt. I have no idea what this means.

I've read that when your brain is full, the excess knowledge starts to pool up in your orifices. Whatever you do, don't pop them. You'll need that knowledge on Friday.

I'm pretty sure you're going to ace this thing. You can probably take it easy on yourself.

Edited by AtomicCEO

I've read that when your brain is full, the excess knowledge starts to pool up in your orifices. Whatever you do, don't pop them. You'll need that knowledge on Friday.

I'm pretty sure you're going to ace this thing. You can probably take it easy on yourself.

Everyone is positive I am going to blow this thing away except for me. No matter how you wrap it this is one bad mamma jamma.

Everyone is positive I am going to blow this thing away except for me. No matter how you wrap it this is one bad mamma jamma.

I hear you Polk. I hated having people tell me that I was going to do well on some big test before I took it, because then I felt even more pressure that I would let down the people who had faith in me.

So, in that respect, let me tell you that knowing how difficult this exam will be, I will be surprised if you pass this exam the first few times you take it.

I'll make a recommendation.

As the test is on Friday, when you close the books tonight from studying, you don't open them again. You don't open them on Thursday and you certainly bring no study materials to the test on Friday for last minute review.

If you don't know the material by tonight, you're not going to get it tomorrow. It's time to give your brain a rest and let it relax before the test. After all, if you were going to run a marathon on Friday, would you get ready by running 15 miles the day before?

When I took my licensing exam (back in 1993), I studied like hell up until the Sunday night before the exam (exam was on wednesday). I didn't touch a book or review after that. I took the monday and tuesday off work, played some golf and relaxed. I went into the exam rested and ready.

I have been studying non-stop for the last few weeks. I was lying in bed last night when I realized I had not bathed in around five days. I have also developed two large boils on my nose and on on my butt. I have no idea what this means. Fortunately since I now sleep about 4 hours per night I have time to contemplate it. I can't wait til this is over.

come on friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think it means you need to bathe. Just a guess.

I'll make a recommendation.

As the test is on Friday, when you close the books tonight from studying, you don't open them again. You don't open them on Thursday and you certainly bring no study materials to the test on Friday for last minute review.

If the NCEES surveying exam is like the engineering exam, it would be open-book and I would say just know where everything is in those books or know where to find them for quick reference.