[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

First golf outing of the season

AtomicCEO

Atomic - that really is not a bad tip about the putter at all. I also very much struggle with the putter and always have. I have tried many different things but I can three putt from six feet any time so I take no putt for granted.

I have tried a few things last year that have really seemed to help me turn a corner with the putter but a few of them are really just going to fit me so I will share two more things that might help you a little.

1. When you get ready to putt and get everything lined up the way you want with your line picked, try to find a spot about a foot in front of your ball that is in your line. Putt at that spot not at the hole. That is much like keeping your head down like you pointed out but that reference point being out there just about a foot really helps. At least it helps me.

2. If you are lag putting don't get so hung up on trying to hit the hole. Try to put it in the three foot barrel that circles the hole. I am not sure if this is just mental of what for me but that approach seems to relax me and I seem to snug a lot of those long putts right up there by the hole. In fact, I am at the point that I would almost rather have a 30 footer then and 8 footer.

Two small tips but tips that I really believe are helping me.

That's a great tip about lag putting. My putting definitely got much better when I stopped trying to hit the hole on a 20' + putt. Of course, better is still a relative term. :wacko:

Shot 79 here today. Three 3-putts, but I struck the ball well. I'm dedicating myself to playing the best golf of my life this season. I'm calling it The Summer of Dave. :wacko:

Edited by Big F'n Dave

Shot 79 here today. Three 3-putts, but I struck the ball well. I'm dedicating myself to playing the best golf of my life this season. I'm calling it The Summer of Dave. :wacko:

Well, anyone can shoot 79 on a course with uplink GPS. They just need to stop a few holes short of 18.

Good job, Dave. I hope you make it up this way sometime this summer and maybe the two of us and a few other huddlers can hit the links.