[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Where Do You Rank Michael Turner

Endzone

2nd/3rd rounder

I think that's accurate for now. Depending on how they address some needs in the draft and the rest of FA, he could potentially be a solid mid 2nd round pick, as hype will keep him there. I think a safe point of reference would be Lamont Jordan, who backed up a HOF'er in New York for the first four years of his career. He then went to a bad team and put up 1,588 yards 11 touchdowns and 70 receptions... While I'm certainly not banking on Turner to put up anywhere near that amount of receptions, I do think he can put up similar yards and touchdowns, as I think he's a lot more physically gifted than Jordan. He'll have to show a lot of people that he can be more durable than Jordan ended up being, but I think the future is bright with Turner.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with the 3rd round ranking. As time progresses the Falcons are dumping anyone worth anything. There D took a huge hit so teams will score more, leading to less Turner carries. Add Norwood to the equation and Turner will slip a little further. But, they have a lot of picks and could get some help for Turner. Put it this way Turner was signed to keep some seats filled, other than that it is a total roster purge reloading for the future.

I agree with the 3rd round ranking. As time progresses the Falcons are dumping anyone worth anything. There D took a huge hit so teams will score more, leading to less Turner carries. Add Norwood to the equation and Turner will slip a little further. But, they have a lot of picks and could get some help for Turner. Put it this way Turner was signed to keep some seats filled, other than that it is a total roster purge reloading for the future.

Honestly, I don't see them playing as bad as they did this past year. The players they're purging either don't fit in Mike Smith's scheme or have character issues. I'm not saying that I think they're going to whiff 8 wins, but I can see 5 or so wins as they finally start to get the remaining thugs off their roster. Mike Smith said he wants to pound the rock, and you don't pay a guy 35 million to split time. I think Norwood will spell him, but not much else.

Maybe they pound the rock and eek out a couple. Their QB is Redmon or Matt Ryan, their line is crap and their best receiver is Roddy White. They can address the line in the draft, but that still doesn't make Turner more than a third rounder. I know PON wasn't implying that, but thats the way I see it.

Maybe they pound the rock and eek out a couple. Their QB is Redmon or Matt Ryan, their line is crap and their best receiver is Roddy White. They can address the line in the draft, but that still doesn't make Turner more than a third rounder. I know PON wasn't implying that, but thats the way I see it.

I think they'll struggle, but I think they're going to improve. That said, I don't see Turner more than a mid to late 2nd rounder

All being said has some truth. No Qb, no defence, new coach....... He's a stud and will be focal in the offence. He will get his touches and thats alot more that could be said then 75% of the rest of the RB's in a committee. NOW yes Norewood is there but Turner was paid to be the feature back, that for me speaks volumes when it comes to FF. As long as he stays healthy and gets his touches, thats all you need to know as a League owner.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
DO NOT compare him to Jordan, EVER. Turner is talented. He will have a good season. Somewhere in the 10th-12th RB range.

I think that's accurate for now. Depending on how they address some needs in the draft and the rest of FA, he could potentially be a solid mid 2nd round pick, as hype will keep him there. I think a safe point of reference would be Lamont Jordan, who backed up a HOF'er in New York for the first four years of his career. He then went to a bad team and put up 1,588 yards 11 touchdowns and 70 receptions... While I'm certainly not banking on Turner to put up anywhere near that amount of receptions, I do think he can put up similar yards and touchdowns, as I think he's a lot more physically gifted than Jordan. He'll have to show a lot of people that he can be more durable than Jordan ended up being, but I think the future is bright with Turner.

Norwood will break out once he gets a decent line.

The one major flaw the Falcons have ALWAYS had is a less than average offensive line, it was the problem when Vick was here, and it's been the problem since the tail end of the J. Anderson days.

Norwood is not an every down back, he is the type that you put in during the second half to just waste the other team's breath. I will miss Dunn, but the combo of Norwood/Turner is going to be beastly.

DO NOT compare him to Jordan, EVER. Turner is talented. He will have a good season. Somewhere in the 10th-12th RB range.

WOW...that's a high ranking there Seahawks. He'll not be asked to carry the full load with Norwood there, so to split time and put up 10 - 12 numbers means he is getting into the end zone 15 times this year (a la Marion Barber).

Ive been hearing that for what, 3 years now? MT is the only relevant one there. Norwood will have his occasional big game, but it will be due to him breaking a 50+ yard TD.

Isn't it a lil early to be saying MT is the only relevant one there? He backed up LT2 and thats a big difference with a great OLine. He shown flashes of greatness but nothing consistent. Norwood plays behind a really crappy OLine and a team that didnt let him touch the ball more then 7 times a game. How can you get momentum with that? He did the best he could with what he had.

I didnt say he is going to be great but dont forget him. He is still there and can steal carries if not the job.