[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sump Pumps

The Irish Doggy

Do you have to cut into the foundation? Are you running plumbing? Simply replacing a pump? How much Hp? Sheesh, you're like a newb in the FA forum. We need starting requirements, scoring type, roster, etc before we can answer your stooopid question. :wacko:

Edited by Hugh 0ne

Do you have to cut into the foundation? Are you running plumbing? Simply replacing a pump? How much Hp? Sheesh, you're like a newb in the FA forum. We need starting requirements, scoring type, roster, etc before we can answer your stooopid question. :wacko:

Talk to me like I'm Puddy's mechanic. Its a completely new installation. Yes, cut into the foundation. Its a poured slab. Installer does any plumbing/wiring necessary. No idea on HP. 220, 221 whatever it takes. The basement is about 1100 sq ft if that matters.

Edited by The Irish Doggy

They run around $100 at home depot.

Talk to me like I'm Puddy's mechanic. Its a completely new installation. Yes, cut into the foundation. Its a poured slab. Installer does any plumbing/wiring necessary. No idea on HP. 220, 221 whatever it takes. The basement is about 1100 sq ft if that matters.

OK, let me get out my crayons......

The work he will do is cut into the foundation, which is a freaking mess by the way.Then he'll dig out and prep the location for dropping in a bucket or bin for the pump.I'm assuming he's just putting in 1 pump. There is no wiring as pumps plug into the regular 110V electrical outlet, unless there isn't one in the area then he'll have to run wire to it.He'll have to run a pipe out of the basement and into the yard, if he doesn't have to bury it and isn't going far from the house, aside from cutting through the foundation to get outside it's not a big job.So he should be able to make the pit, prep it, plug it in, plumb it in 6 hours or so. You'll then need the pipe and check valve, maybe $50, and I'd recommend a good pump, maybe a Zoeller 1/2HP, which will be close to $200.Plumbers around here charge close to $100/hour, so I'd say everything all in should be less than $1000. However, I'd be surprised if the plumber will want to do the cutting into the foundation for the sump it. Depends on the guy I guess. Hope that helps. :wacko:

Edited by Hugh 0ne

Dont know if this helps but I had my basement waterproofed - I guy - 4 kids - Jack hammered a trencharound the entire inside perimeter - carried the stone, concrete etc out of the house in buckets - layed piping around the entire basement - dug the hole for the pump - set in pumb - back filled the basement trench - concreted over (nice job I might add) and I believe I paid about 3000. Best mone y I ever spent - havent seen a drop of water in my basement in years - and it would generally flood 2 to 3 times a year. I believe it went something like this

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt...9US249%26sa%3DN

Edited by frenzal rhomb