[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What are gas prices where you live?

Randall

• Replies 806
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If its under $5 a gallon then I don't care. Gasoline is only like 3-4% of an American household budget. The cost of health care, eduction, and housing have a far greater impact on most folks.

You do realize oil prices have an effect on almost everything, right? SHTF with Iran and it goes over $5 like it's already skyrocketing in Europe after sanctions, and I have to assume you're going to see increased expenses across the board.

Sorry, I really didn't mean to carry the debate in here. Just wanted to point out that oil prices affect everything, does it not?

You do realize oil prices have an effect on almost everything, right? SHTF with Iran and it goes over $5 like it's already skyrocketing in Europe after sanctions, and I have to assume you're going to see increased expenses across the board.

Sorry, I really didn't mean to carry the debate in here. Just wanted to point out that oil prices affect everything, does it not?

Skyrocketing in Europe, my ass. While gas prices are higher in Europe in January and February, they are actually lower now than they were 6 months ago. And most of the price differential there versus here is due to taxes (50% of the cost of every gallon in Europe is taxes; only 10% here).

The single greatest factor in the recent increase in oil costs is people panic-speculating about conflict with Iran. In other words, people like you.

Skyrocketing in Europe, my ass. While gas prices are higher in Europe in January and February, they are actually lower now than they were 6 months ago. And most of the price differential there versus here is due to taxes (50% of the cost of every gallon in Europe is taxes; only 10% here).

You sure about that?

The single greatest factor in the recent increase in oil costs is people panic-speculating about conflict with Iran. In other words, people like you.

Hence why I don't think something as vital to our economy as oil should be speculated upon and driven up artificially without regard to actual supply and demand, especially when it's a country we don't get oil from and their customers are the ones affected. I'm pretty certain that I've said as much here before.

However, I'm not sure how you can equate my speculation of what would happen if there was a conflict (or even if the sanctions continue and the prices start hitting us harder), to those who drive the prices up with speculatory investment. There is quite a lerge difference in speculating the effects of a gas hike, and creating a gas hike through speculative investment. I can assure you I'm not one of the latter :wacko:

ETA; oh and regardless of if it's speculation or not, it still drives up prices everywhere when gas prices are high.

Edited by delusions of granduer

You sure about that?

Hence why I don't think something as vital to our economy as oil should be speculated upon and driven up artificially without regard to actual supply and demand, especially when it's a country we don't get oil from and their customers are the ones affected. I'm pretty certain that I've said as much here before.

However, I'm not sure how you can equate my speculation of what would happen if there was a conflict (or even if the sanctions continue and the prices start hitting us harder), to those who drive the prices up with speculatory investment. There is quite a lerge difference in speculating the effects of a gas hike, and creating a gas hike through speculative investment. I can assure you I'm not one of the latter :wacko:

ETA; oh and regardless of if it's speculation or not, it still drives up prices everywhere when gas prices are high.

As best I can tell, your article says nothing to support your windbaggery about gas prices "skyrocketing" in Europe. My article supports my statements.

"speculatroy" isn't a word. And its spelled delusions of "grandeur" - not granduer.