[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What are gas prices where you live?

Randall

• Replies 806
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tired of high gasoline prices? Then find a car that runs on natural gas. But first, you will have to find a refueling station and an auto maker who builds one. Congress, what is the hold up?, help is needed from you to create incentives for this. Our nation has an overwhelming abundance of natural gas. Jobs would be created by the 100 of thousands. It is a win win for all of us.

Tired of high gasoline prices? Then find a car that runs on natural gas. But first, you will have to find a refueling station and an auto maker who builds one. Congress, what is the hold up?, help is needed from you to create incentives for this. Our nation has an overwhelming abundance of natural gas. Jobs would be created by the 100 of thousands. It is a win win for all of us.

that is so 80's........ :wacko:

I don't get why it's Congress' job to create natural gas cars. If there is a market, as there is for in-town propane buses, why isn't it being filled by business?

Yep, remember when Obama promised to create 5,000,000 new green energy jobs? 8,000 and counting, just 4,992,000 to go.

are the towelheads behind this?

No. But they are the excuse for this.

Remember - US gas consumption has gone down to the point where we're currently exporting gasoline. Current higher gas prices aren't being driven by supply and demand as much as fear-based speculation in the oil futures market.

I can tell you right now when the highest gas price of the year is.

The second week in June, when I drive to Minnesota for my vacation. Seems like it happens every year. :wacko:

The same sh1t happens to us...seems like whenever we have to go out of town for something, vacation, family emergency whatever, that is when gas is at the highest.

Remember - US gas consumption has gone down to the point where we're currently exporting gasoline. Current higher gas prices aren't being driven by supply and demand as much as fear-based speculation in the oil futures market.

:wacko: sorry i asked, that's brillant

shhhhhhh dont tell ice

shhhhhhh dont tell ice

Wow, you are an intelligent one, do you think I don't know we export the finished product?

The worldwide demand is one reason we need projects like the Keystone pipeline which provides us far more control from a more stable source. We also need to greatly increase our own production capacity to increase supply. Gas prices are purely a function of the cost of the thick black product called Oil. The more OIL available the greater the supply thus the lower the cost.

Demand and fear of supply chain is what drives up pricing in a world market. We suck on supply side control big time in this country.

I imagine few remember Pelosi and the media blaming Bush big time for the rise in oil but today, it can't be this Administration's fault for substituting one incentive in energy for another and the high prices are just a way of life. This group loves high prices as it fits with their agenda so the game continues. If you want to lower the price then increase both the supply and the stability of that supply.

Gasoline is a finished product. If a barrel of oil is 105 the price of gas is close to what we see today. If the price of a barrel of oil drops to 80 per barrel then the finished product called gasoline is less expensive.

Now that you understand it should be very easy to see what is needed if one wants to reduce crude oil costs. Here is a hint, the government funding an electric car is not the answer. The government putting forth a more cost effective strategy of obtaining crude and allowing industry open access to actually drill where the oil is to increase the supply is a strategy. The market obviously wants OIL.

Wow, you are an intelligent one, do you think I don't know we export the finished product?

The worldwide demand is one reason we need projects like the Keystone pipeline which provides us far more control from a more stable source. We also need to greatly increase our own production capacity to increase supply. Gas prices are purely a function of the cost of the thick black product called Oil. The more OIL available the greater the supply thus the lower the cost.

Demand and fear of supply chain is what drives up pricing in a world market. We suck on supply side control big time in this country.

I imagine few remember Pelosi and the media blaming Bush big time for the rise in oil but today, it can't be this Administration's fault for substituting one incentive in energy for another and the high prices are just a way of life. This group loves high prices as it fits with their agenda so the game continues. If you want to lower the price then increase both the supply and the stability of that supply.

Gasoline is a finished product. If a barrel of oil is 105 the price of gas is close to what we see today. If the price of a barrel of oil drops to 80 per barrel then the finished product called gasoline is less expensive.

Now that you understand it should be very easy to see what is needed if one wants to reduce crude oil costs. Here is a hint, the government funding an electric car is not the answer. The government putting forth a more cost effective strategy of obtaining crude and allowing industry open access to actually drill where the oil is to increase the supply is a strategy. The market obviously wants OIL.

I'm not a self professed expert like you on this issue, but I don't always see a close correlation between the price of a barrel of crude oil and a gallon of gas at the pumps. I think a lot of manipulation is going on where somebody is making a killing off working the system in much the same way people did off the real estate bubble.

I'm for short term increased oil production at home as long as the benefits of those contracts stay here and not go overseas. Long term however the fed gov should absolutely be subsidizing the drive to develop better energy alternatives. We have an opportunity to be a leader in that area and regain some serious mojo in the world trade arena.

Edited by CaP'N GRuNGe