[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NBA Playoffs!

budlitebrad

Exactly right. I am so happy for Garnett and Allen. But the fans of Boston are a complete disgrace. Watching the last 4 mins shows just how classless the fans of Boston are. Simply embarassing with the chants. Oh well, that is par for the course from that part of the country.

I have to admit, I was mildly embarrassed.

I hate he lakers the way I hate the Colts and the Yankees and the Canadiens, but come on people.

Yeah l also thought the nanana chant was stupid....but I wasn't there to experience it in the moment, the "17" and "MVP" chants were good though.

Out of all the Boston teams I'm a Celtics fan first.....used to plan my nights around games (ie getting homework done) back in the 80's and still followed them through the tough times. Granted the Sox breaking the streak was awesome (and how they did it) but this is sweet. I'm so happy for Pierce, Doc, Ainge, Garnett, and Allen.

Does McHale get a ring? :wacko:

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Comparisons to MJ - I think they're ridiculous too, and so does Kobe (in public anyway). And BTW, no one is stopping you...

2. He may go home not a champion this year, but he has 3 rings already, and next year with Bynum back is looking good already. And I dare say the Lakers wouldn't have those 3 without him.

3. Almost everyone has acknowledged that he has a stronger work ethic than anyone in the game since MJ, and he has tried to elevate the game of those around him. He may not be successful at it, and he's still learning how to be a better leader, but to insinuate that he doesn't care enough to be a champion is the 'crazy' part I was originally referring to above. :D

4. Ask Pierce, KG and every other player on the US Olympic team if they want Kobe on the team this summer in China. Go ahead, I'll wait for you to get back.... :wacko:

5. Before anyone here thinks I've drunk the Kobe Koolaid, no, I don't think he is a perfect role model. And no, I didn't appreciate his antics last summer as a lifelong Laker fan. And yes, sometimes he does revert back to a bit of a spoiled brat. But if I was the captain of a b-ball team at the local park, and every current NBA or worldwide player was available, would I pick Kobe first?

Yes in a heartbeat, and I'd hand over the captain's chair to him too, in no small part due to his 'heart of a champion'. A few billion other people would too, I suspect.

I won't reply to anything else on it, but feel free to say whatever you want, dude....

No need to reply on anything...his play last night pretty much backs up my theory on whether Kobe can win one without The Big Cactus. His second half performance was less than average from him, but the Boston D didn't help. Kind of reminds me of a game 7 last year when he basically deferred to his supporting cast because he gave up. Yeah Bynum is gonna be back, and they will be a force because of that. Winning the whole thing, with the west being as strong as it's gonna be next year, is gonna be hard.

Any bets on whether Kobe asks to be traded next season?

Luke Walton sux

Gasol is soft

Vulicic doesn't play D

Fisher is getting old

Tariaf is ok at best

Radmanovich was absent the whole series

Odom....I don't even want to start on him....#1 draft pick with infinite ability...:D

They will be strong next year if they tweak some things a bit and Bynum is definitely the key to them being complete....but that's a big if.

Exactly right. I am so happy for Garnett and Allen. But the fans of Boston are a complete disgrace. Watching the last 4 mins shows just how classless the fans of Boston are. Simply embarassing with the chants. Oh well, that is par for the course from that part of the country.

That's a fish if I ever heard one. You know who was the dsigrace last night? The LA Fakers who couldn't bother to show up with everything on the line. "Hey Hey Hey Goodbye" is a sports chant over 30 years old and Kobe's Me first attitude followed by the complete tank in the series surely means 'you're no Jordan' which I applaud the Boston fans for.

"Hey Hey Hey Goodbye" is a sports chant over 30 years old

Popularized by White Sox fans back in the late '70s. They do it every time an opposing pitcher is removed from the game, and after every win. It's not classless, it's borderline trademark infringement...

The song was transformed into a stadium anthem during the 1977 Major League Baseball season. Chicago White Sox organist Nancy Faust had played the song many times before when opposing pitchers were relieved or when the Sox had clearly won the game, but without much reaction from the Comiskey Park fans. During a critical series with the Kansas City Royals, however, the crowd began singing along with the tune, and a tradition was born.[2] Since then, the song has become a staple of many sporting events. The song's familiar chorus of "Na na na na / na na na na / hey hey hey / goodbye" is often chanted by fans near the end of a contest to signify that victory is all but assured. This is sometimes accompanied by the gesture of holding up keys. Other versions of lyrics sung by the crowds at sporting events can be interpreted as "Na na na na / na na na na / hey hey hey / Start the bus," in reference as to it's time to just leave town now.

The song remains a favorite of White Sox fans. Today it is used when opposing pitchers are pulled, when the White Sox hit a home run, and when the Sox win a game. It was also played by Nancy Faust during the White Sox World Series victory parade on October 28, 2005. Fans at Soldier Field and other Chicago sports venues are also known to sing it when victory is certain. However, because it is so closely associated with the White Sox (see Cubs-White Sox rivalry), it is never played at Wrigley Field, despite its mention in the song "A Dying Cub Fan's Last Request" by folksinger and Cub fan Steve Goodman.

Popularized by White Sox fans back in the late '70s. They do it every time an opposing pitcher is removed from the game, and after every win. It's not classless, it's borderline trademark infringement...

Oh I was at a few of those games as a kid, as that was my Chicago time. My parents tried to make me a Sox fan, but even at 8 I didn't respect the DH. :wacko:

• 2 weeks later...