[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NBA Playoffs!

budlitebrad

I haven't watched or followed basketball since the 80's, but I started watching Hornets games here & there this year. Now watching them in the playoffs has turned me on to the game again.

I'd love to see them take SA, but even if they do the injuries are mounting & give me a lot of concern. West played extremely well with a bad back last night so hopefully he can continue to play through it.

On another side note, man was that a physical game last night or what? :wacko:

Not as physical as Game 3, but still not for the faint of heart. This series is going the distance, I think, and NO are going to be pretty banged up if / when they make it through to the conference final.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't watched or followed basketball since the 80's, but I started watching Hornets games here & there this year. Now watching them in the playoffs has turned me on to the game again.

I'd love to see them take SA, but even if they do the injuries are mounting & give me a lot of concern. West played extremely well with a bad back last night so hopefully he can continue to play through it.

On another side note, man was that a physical game last night or what? :wacko:

David West was an absolute beast last night.

It's a head scratcher to me how much this series has turned into a tale of two cities. Both teams look completely different at home versus on the road.

I think my Spurs will take it to a Game 7, but Pop is going to have to reach deep into his bag of tricks to win in NO.

What's up with the Celtics? This team just can't win on the road at all. One loss at their own place and they'll be history.

That's a dumb statement. Why don't you also include..."What's up with the Hawks and Cleveland? They can't win in the Garden". One loss at home for the C's = one win they need on the road. Just because they haven't won a road game yet means nothing. They haven't lost a home game and were that trend to continue throughout.....your 2008 NBA Champion Boston Celtics.

C's are going to take Game 6 in Cleveland and have a battle with Detroit for a chance to play.........???

That's a dumb statement. Why don't you also include..."What's up with the Hawks and Cleveland? They can't win in the Garden". One loss at home for the C's = one win they need on the road. Just because they haven't won a road game yet means nothing. They haven't lost a home game and were that trend to continue throughout.....your 2008 NBA Champion Boston Celtics.

C's are going to take Game 6 in Cleveland and have a battle with Detroit for a chance to play.........???

If you think the Celtics won't have to win a road game eventually, yer nuts. No team has ever won the NBA title without winning away and the Celtics will not be an exception. Last night they came very close to going 3-2 down - all credit to Doc Rivers for making the adjustments at half time to counter LBJ but there is no way the Pistons and then the Lakers / Hornets / Spurs are going to fail to win one in Boston.

The Celtics need to put the Cavs away in game 6 because I think the Cavs will win a game 7.

negative- you have it backwards. No Road Wins = No NBA Championship.period end of story.

You can bet yo ass Detroit will come in and get a W in Boston.

This Boston team is not goin to win the title - they don't have it and I think Det will take them out in 6

If you think the Celtics won't have to win a road game eventually, yer nuts. No team has ever won the NBA title without winning away and the Celtics will not be an exception. Last night they came very close to going 3-2 down - all credit to Doc Rivers for making the adjustments at half time to counter LBJ but there is no way the Pistons and then the Lakers / Hornets / Spurs are going to fail to win one in Boston.

The Celtics need to put the Cavs away in game 6 because I think the Cavs will win a game 7.

I certainly don't think that they will go 16-0 at home. Nor do I think they will go 0-12 on the road. You, however, indicated that if the C's lose one single home game, their season was over and that is a dumb statement.

Very close to going down 3-2?? They had the lead from the middle of the 3rd quarter on and Cleveland never got closer than 6 the rest of the way. How is that "very close to going down?" Last I checked NBA games are rarely decided in the first half.

I certainly don't think that they will go 16-0 at home.

Really? :wacko:

They haven't lost a home game and were that trend to continue throughout.....your 2008 NBA Champion Boston Celtics.

FWIW, I'm rooting for the Celtics to win it all simply because they have KG, who I watched for nearly 10 years here in Minnesota - if ever a player deserved a ring, he does.

FWIW, I'm rooting for the Celtics to win it all simply because they have KG, who I watched for nearly 10 years here in Minnesota - if ever a player deserved a ring, he does.

I love KG and Ray Ray but the C's just do not look like an NBA champ to me.

Det, LAL, Utah, NO and SA all look better, and I think would and will take them out.

Det over da Celts - book it

VIG, another wager perhaps???, I got my eye on a couple New Era's...................................... :D

Game 7! :wacko: With an extra day to rest and prepare, I hope the Spurs can find lightning in a bottle to fix the NO mojo.

A few thoughts on Game 6:

- First and foremost, I hope David West is healthy for Game 7. This has been an incredibly enjoyable series to watch despite the lopsided home victories, and I'm looking forward to a great game Monday night.

- While talking about West, I thought Timmy did a great job on him and was glad to see him guarding him one-on-one. I think it's crap to take arguably the best power forward ever who is a perennial all-defense selection and play him on the lesser big man to avoid foul trouble. The best player should be guarding the best player.

- I'm becoming a hugh fan of Ime Udoka. He is exactly the shot in the arm that the aging Spurs bench needed.

NO look like they need the rest more than SA. I wouldn't be surprised to see SA take game 7

West and CP3 were clearly frustrated tonight, especially after picking up those offensive fouls. Even with the effect we've seen with home court advantage, I gotta pick SA to win. NO has to play their absolute best on Monday if they want to take down the more experienced defending champs.

They haven't lost a home game and were that trend to continue throughout.....your 2008 NBA Champion Boston Celtics.

Reading comprehension not a strong suit, eh? were that trend to continue throughout.....your 2008 NBA Champion Boston Celtics is a statement of fact not a prediction. Nowhere did I say I think the Celts will be undefeated at home throughout the playoffs. You, however, said that if they lose one home game they are out of the playoffs. Make sense?

Edited by Vinatieri Is God

At least West gets a nice 3 day break before game 7. It was a hard screen by Horry and I'd be naive to think he wasn't aware of West's back injury, but it's not the worst I've seen this round.

The whole Spurs team was aware of West's condition and tried to wear him down with pick and rolls all night. Horry's screen was part of that plan, but I think it was a clean play and doubt Horry intended such a drastic outcome.

After watching this game between the Celts and Cavs, I'd rather see the Pistons play the Celts even though the Celtics would have home court. I agree with a previous post that Boston is the weakest of the teams left. That's weird given how dominant they were in the regular season.

Yea, Ray Allen has disappeared this month after shooting 50% behind the arc in April.

From Bill Simmons' current ESPN.com column:

ALLEN: Well, let's stop using the phrase "Big Three" then. I'm not that type of player anymore -- really, I'm a spot-up jump shooter and that's it, and if I don't have my legs for a road game, I'm useless. There's not a ton of difference between me and Szczerbiak at this point. Two years from now, they'll be changing my name to "Ray Allen's Expiring Contract" unless somebody gives me a bionic pair of ankles.

So true. There are a couple of "Big Threes" in the NBA right now - Bryant/Odom/Gasol and Duncan/Ginobili/Parker. I don't see any way the Celts win the title, and after the dominant regular season they had, anything short of that should be considered a big dissappointment.