[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NHL Playoffs

chiefjay

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A buddy sent me a link to the Wikipedia entry for the Colorado Avalanche. They just corrected the site, but a Red Wing fan hacked in and rewrote a bunch of stuff like “this team continually gets its ass handed to them by the Detroit Red Wings.” Wish I would have caught it before they fixed it.

A buddy sent me a link to the Wikipedia entry for the Colorado Avalanche. They just corrected the site, but a Red Wing fan hacked in and rewrote a bunch of stuff like “this team continually gets its ass handed to them by the Detroit Red Wings.” Wish I would have caught it before they fixed it.

This is actually the doing of the local show on WXYT. They think it's funny to bring up Wikipedia topics and then the sheep listeners go there and mess around with it. Pretty dumb radio if you ask me but they get a kick out of it. They did Jim Tressel last week. As much as I hate OSU and Tress the whole segment was ghey, imo.

I'm juiced the rivalry is back though. I remember thinking over the past few years that the rivalry was pretty dead and even a playoffs series couldn't rekindle it but I was wrong. Should be a good series. I do think the Wings are primed for a long run so I'm feeling pretty good unlike prior years. As long as Dom is out of the net. I'm not a huge Ozzie guy but I have more confidence in him and I think the players do too.

This is actually the doing of the local show on WXYT. They think it's funny to bring up Wikipedia topics and then the sheep listeners go there and mess around with it. Pretty dumb radio if you ask me but they get a kick out of it. They did Jim Tressel last week. As much as I hate OSU and Tress the whole segment was ghey, imo.

I'm juiced the rivalry is back though. I remember thinking over the past few years that the rivalry was pretty dead and even a playoffs series couldn't rekindle it but I was wrong. Should be a good series. I do think the Wings are primed for a long run so I'm feeling pretty good unlike prior years. As long as Dom is out of the net. I'm not a huge Ozzie guy but I have more confidence in him and I think the players do too.

1 goal in over 7 periods. I like Ozzie.

:wacko: last time I checked, their playoff meetings were Avs 3, wings 2 :D

I'm waiting for all of the Caps fans to start crying about how the got screwed like they are on Sportsline.

:D

I'll tell you what, a Pens-Flyers Eastern Final would be extremely exciting :wacko:

They both have their work cut out for them this round though. This should be a lot of fun !!!! :D

I'm waiting for all of the Caps fans to start crying about how the got screwed like they are on Sportsline.

:wacko:

Got screwed how? I saw a blatant trip a couple minutes before. I guess the Caps figured the refs would swallow the whistle. Wrong. An almost identical trip in almost the exact same spot on the ice. Guess what? Go to the box and better hope you don't do the skate of shame right off your home ice. I wanted the Caps to win as I too think the Rangers pose a bigger threat against the Pens. Also, it would have been exciting to see the top 3 players in the NHL going at it in a playoff series. Seems like every time both the Pens and Caps make the playoffs, they play each other. Not this year. The Caps have nothing to be ashamed of. They had a great run at the end of the season. Like the Pens last year, they took the first step. They'll be back. Gotta love Ovechkin if you're a hockey fan. The guy is phenominal.

And as for whoever wins the east losing to the west, I beg to differ. I think any of the 4 eastern teams are capable of bringing home the hardware.

Gonna be weird going up against Jagr, Straka, and Rosival in a playoff series. But it should be awesome. I'm stoked! :D

:D

Not sure if screwed is the right word, but if you don't think you got the calls lst night you're a completely blind homer. A full 2 minute 5 on 3, a weak penalty in OT, a goal that should have been disallowed, non calls against the Flyers, etc. Now that I think about it, maybe screwed is the right word. :wacko: And all this in Washington where the calls should have gone for the Caps if anything. A series generally isn't won or lost by poor officiating in one game, and throughout a series calls go both ways, but last night you guys were certainly the beneficiaries of the good calls.

I'll tell you what, a Pens-Flyers Eastern Final would be extremely exciting :wacko:

They both have their work cut out for them this round though. This should be a lot of fun !!!! :D

The Habs are one tough team. I wonder if the Flyers are going to hit a brick wall when they go up against them. While I'd love to see a Philly/Pitt match-up, a lot needs to happen for that series to become a reality.

I hope you guys kill those homo singing, cock gobbling, French pussies. I hate that team much less than I hate those fans for the BS that just occurred in our series. One of them got his arse handed to him in the stands after Game 3 and, while I don't typically condone fan violence, there is no doubt he deserved it. I have never seen such a spectacle.

What happened?

Just an overall arrogance from the fans in the way they carried themselves in Boston. I've done 10 road trips for the Sox or Pats in the last 10 years so I have a pretty good idea what to expect. We show up, put the colors, go to the game, cheer for our team, drink our beers, and usually end up making a couple friends from the home team's fans with the good natured ragging back and forth.

Now imagine we do the same thing only, rather than a courteous attitude toward the home fans, we instead decide to sing some openly homosexual song, boo their best player, scream obscenities within earshot of the families in attendance, and then win or lose, walk around like we own the place.

Anyone who thinks "Red Sox Nation" can be obnoxious on the road.....you'd be horrified at the performance of the Montreal fans.

The B's had no right even making that series close and had the Montreal fans not pissed so many people off (players and fans alike), they probably would have gone quietly after losing Game 4. Would have been nothing better to pull out that Game 7 and shut them all up.

Just an overall arrogance from the fans in the way they carried themselves in Boston. I've done 10 road trips for the Sox or Pats in the last 10 years so I have a pretty good idea what to expect. We show up, put the colors, go to the game, cheer for our team, drink our beers, and usually end up making a couple friends from the home team's fans with the good natured ragging back and forth.

Now imagine we do the same thing only, rather than a courteous attitude toward the home fans, we instead decide to sing some openly homosexual song, boo their best player, scream obscenities within earshot of the families in attendance, and then win or lose, walk around like we own the place.

Anyone who thinks "Red Sox Nation" can be obnoxious on the road.....you'd be horrified at the performance of the Montreal fans.

The B's had no right even making that series close and had the Montreal fans not pissed so many people off (players and fans alike), they probably would have gone quietly after losing Game 4. Would have been nothing better to pull out that Game 7 and shut them all up.

I wish I was a habs fan so I could make fun of this post :wacko:

Not sure if screwed is the right word, but if you don't think you got the calls lst night you're a completely blind homer. A full 2 minute 5 on 3, a weak penalty in OT, a goal that should have been disallowed, non calls against the Flyers, etc. Now that I think about it, maybe screwed is the right word. :wacko: And all this in Washington where the calls should have gone for the Caps if anything. A series generally isn't won or lost by poor officiating in one game, and throughout a series calls go both ways, but last night you guys were certainly the beneficiaries of the good calls.

Most of the crying had to do with the tripping call in OT. I can see the refs letting the first one go. It was a blatant trip but it was OT in game 7. The 2nd blatant trip had to be called.

You want to talk about BS calls? How about the ridiculous goal they gave Montreal with the clear high stick and then with 1:30 left in the game, Richards gets called for kneeing when he clearly hit Kovalev with his shoulder. I can deal with close calls but those two calls were horrible.

There is nothing better then playoff hockey but these refs have to start calling better games. And I mean for all teams, not just the Flyers.

Edited by ebartender

Did you see when Richards went to the penalty box someone threw a beer at him? It won't be talked about much though because it didn't happen in Philly. :wacko:

Edited by ebartender

Did you see when Richards went to the penalty box someone threw a beer at him? It won't be talked about much though because it didn't happen in Philly. :wacko:

Yeah, I saw that, real nice. And I agree with your first post, the referreeing was weak in that game. Since everyone in the Warroom and all the Refs are Canadians, and a Canadian team hasn't won the Cup in quite some time, methinks they'll be getting quite the share of the calls going forward. Well, looks like I'll be rooting for the Flyers. :D