[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NHL Playoffs

chiefjay

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, I hope they don't sign Jagr, that would be a hugh mistake.

I also agree with this. I was reading that Jagr still wants to be "the man" wherever he goes. He will at best be the 3rd man in Pittsburgh and I don't think his ego could handle that. A bad attitude waiting to happen IMO. Methinks he plays in Russia.

And although disappointed that Hossa signed with Detroit, I'm not pissed. He passed up alot of money to sign a 1 year deal with the Wings in the hope of winning the cup. I can't say I blame him. And if there was one team you could sign with to try and win the cup, any moran would pick the Wings. At least he's playing in the western conf. now.

Orpik signed with the Pens for 6 years/22.5 mil :D I've been hearing rumors of the Pens interest in Marcus Naslund and Todd Bertuzzi. :D

Awesome !!!! :D

Bryson Orpik stays with the Pens :wacko:

Malkin has been extended. Fleury's long term deal is all but done. The paper today said that they haven't shown Jagr any interest thus far, but, are talking to Markus Naslund.

I'm a bit annoyed with Hossa. His taking a one year deal with Detroit, for about the same money as Pittsburgh was offering, and then saying it was because he wanted a chance to win the cup, is a slap in the face in my mind.

We knew that they would have to lose some in this off-season, but, at least they kept Orpik and got Malkin & Fleury locked up.

I'm a bit annoyed with Hossa. His taking a one year deal with Detroit, for about the same money as Pittsburgh was offering, and then saying it was because he wanted a chance to win the cup, is a slap in the face in my mind.

Big time. If he hadn't fanned on so many of Sid's sweet set-ups, he might have won the cup this year. Eff him.

Edited by Squeegiebo

Yeah, I thought the same thing, wouldn't it be great if the Pens won the Cup this year. :wacko:

Yeah, I thought the same thing, wouldn't it be great if the Pens won the Cup this year. :wacko:

It would be great.

I am glad that they kept Orpik though. Honestly, keeping Hossa would have been a great luxury but I (and probably some of you) didn't think the Pens would be able to sign him shortly after the trade was made. I am more upset about the loss of Malone than Hossa, from a long term standpoint. Hossa is clearly better than Malone now. But, if it is being looked at over a hypothecital 5 year deal, I can see Malone in three years being better than Hossa in three years.

On a side note, although I am dissappointed in losing so many players, I am not ready to throw Shero under the bus quite yet. He has made great decisions since taking the job. It will be interesting to see how everything turns out.

Pens signed Miroslav Satan and Ruslan Fedotenko to one-year deals for 3.5 mil and 2.25 mil respectively. Low risk, high reward signings big time. If Satan can get back his old scoring touch(and playing with Sid I believe he can) it will be a steal.

Would have loved to have had Hossa, but realistically the Pens would have had a very hard time keeping their young core together with his signing. I'm actually pretty pleased the way things worked out. They are looking at a certain winger now from the Finnish Elite League that would possibly complete the roster. But I still look for them to get rid of the Sydor and/or Gill contracts. The NHL is a very long season and it's not what your roster looks like in September that matters as much as at the end of February.