[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NHL Playoffs

chiefjay

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope your series goes 6 or 7 games. :wacko:

What's weird is the way our series started, you'd think we would be the first to close it out. But no doubt you guys are Rangers fans now, at least until if they force a game 7. I hate the Habs and the Flyers and I was rooting for the Habs just to lengthen your series. It's to be expected. Anyway, congrats Flyers! As Menudo says, we hope to see you there.

Congrats !!! :brew:

Hope to see you soon............. :wacko::D

What's weird is the way our series started, you'd think we would be the first to close it out. But no doubt you guys are Rangers fans now, at least until if they force a game 7. I hate the Habs and the Flyers and I was rooting for the Habs just to lengthen your series. It's to be expected. Anyway, congrats Flyers! As Menudo says, we hope to see you there.

Bring on the pens!!!!! Go Flyers! :D

Looking forward to this series as it's any team's to win. The Flyers have beaten the best in the Eastern conf up to this point and the cup should go through Pitt.

Two freekin' hours to go! I'm very anxious to say the least. We need to win TODAY as I don't want to go back to NY with absolutely no rest. My prediction: Pens 3, Rangers 1 (empty netter at the end) which means more nail biting. :wacko:

:wacko: man... i didn't want to say anything to jinx it. dal is on fire, but i truely thought if they could have gone back to san jose, they'd pull of the comeback. vs cal and dal, i just saw a lot of lost opportunities for my sharks. going against kip and a hot turco is no easy path. hats off to the stars :D

Pens and Flyers....Let the war begin. :wacko::D:brew:

My car was picking me up take me to the airport at 3:45 PM, and at that time the Pens were up two goals. The TV's in the car that they brought was not working :D , so for my 30 minute trip to the airport, I couldn't watch. I get to the airport bar, and it is suddenly 2-2 with about 3 minutes left in the 3rd yawn: However, it was well worth it, as I went bonkers when Hossa put in the net to seal the deal !!!!!!!!!!!! :lol::D:)

Pens vs. Flyers - it doesn't get any better than this. I have lots of Flyer fan buddies, so, this is going to be very interesting to me. Can't wait :D:D

Congrats to the Rangers for playing a good series. Jagr proved he's still a premier player in this league, and Lundquist is just flat out ridiculous. With Broduer finally on his way out, I was excited about getting rid of a phenomenal goalie in our division, now it seems we have another one. :wacko:

Flyers - Pens should be interesting. They obviously don't like each other, Biron is playing great, the Flyers are confident and playing well, the Pens are gaining valuable playoff experience with every game, Fluery's playing pretty good, etc. Well, I know what I'll be doing Friday night. :D

Congrats to the Rangers for playing a good series. Jagr proved he's still a premier player in this league, and Lundquist is just flat out ridiculous. With Broduer finally on his way out, I was excited about getting rid of a phenomenal goalie in our division, now it seems we have another one. :D

Flyers - Pens should be interesting. They obviously don't like each other, Biron is playing great, the Flyers are confident and playing well, the Pens are gaining valuable playoff experience with every game, Fluery's playing pretty good, etc. Well, I know what I'll be doing Friday night. :D

Great point on Lundquist. He is an amazing goalie. The barrage he faced, especially early in the 2nd period was intense. There can't be any Rangers fans disappointed with his performance. He kept them in every game.

Why do they have to wait all the way until Friday to start this series. I'm already anxious about it and it's only Monday :wacko:

Congrats to the Pens fans.

I don't know why you guys were getting your panty's in a bunch after game 4 of this series...... I said it before and I'll say it again - based on what I saw the first two rounds, I don't think any team can stop them.

My predicition for the Conf Finals:

Pens over Flyers in 5 (that's being gracious to the Flyers IMO).

Congrats to the Pens fans.

I don't know why you guys were getting your panty's in a bunch after game 4 of this series...... I said it before and I'll say it again - based on what I saw the first two rounds, I don't think any team can stop them.

My predicition for the Conf Finals:

Pens over Flyers in 5 (that's being gracious to the Flyers IMO).

Hard to disagree with this. Based on those comments I think the 85 Oilers would have a hard time taking a few games from the Pens.

Edited by chiefjay

:wacko: man... i didn't want to say anything to jinx it. dal is on fire, but i truely thought if they could have gone back to san jose, they'd pull of the comeback. vs cal and dal, i just saw a lot of lost opportunities for my sharks. going against kip and a hot turco is no easy path. hats off to the stars :D

my best friend is from the bay area but living in nyc. we were texting all through overtime. he was up till 2:30 am on a work night, only to see his team lose. i'm just a casual fan of the sharks, and even i could barely watch that game. i didn't think it would ever end. neither team deserved to lose.

I'd like to believe that the Flyers-Pens series will be better than a 5 game series. I thought the Habs would have been tough for the Flyers and they won in 5. I believe in the Flyers yet I still think the Pens are better and win this series in 7. I hope I am wrong about the Flyers losing though...

I'd like to believe that the Flyers-Pens series will be better than a 5 game series. I thought the Habs would have been tough for the Flyers and they won in 5. I believe in the Flyers yet I still think the Pens are better and win this series in 7. I hope I am wrong about the Flyers losing though...

Agreed. I see an absolute battle and expect a 7 game series. I'm hopeful the Pens win it, but, these two teams don't like each other, and this is going to be a phenomenal series. I can't wait.

my best friend is from the bay area but living in nyc. we were texting all through overtime. he was up till 2:30 am on a work night, only to see his team lose. i'm just a casual fan of the sharks, and even i could barely watch that game. i didn't think it would ever end. neither team deserved to lose.

worst part was that the winning goal came on a PP

Been jonesing for some NHL fodder, and couldn't find anything in the tailgate...never even thought to check here! Glad some of the usual suspects are accounted for in this thread :wacko:

That being said, looking like a fun two weeks of hockey fast approaching....both series should be top-notch. The Pens-Flyers series should be phenomenal, but Biron will need to replicate what he has done the last month to give the Flyers a chance. Assuming that he can, I like the Flyers in a mild upset. Their 6th-seed was a little aberrition....had they just gone a paltry .500 during their injury-plagued losing streak in February (as opposed to 0-10), they'd have won the conference. Now, with everyone healthy, they seem the elite team they were for the first 3 months of the season. Most importantly, they continue to get scoring from all lines...very tough to match-up against.

The Pens also look like a team in full-stride. They are winning big, coming from behind, playing with a lead, and winning in OT....any which way possible. There may not be a more well-rounded team. The only part of their playoff mentality that has yet to be seriously challenged has been the physical part....we should see some of that this weekend. Fleury will see a steady dose of traffic/contact in front of the cage...it'll be interesting to see how he responds.

Should be a great series.....Flyers in 6...they'll split this weekend, and not lose at home.

FWIW, I also like the Wings in 5....

Good post.

Let's see some other predictions:

I've got Pens in 5 and Stars in 7.

Although the Pens have never beaten the Flyers in a playoff series(0 for 3)), I see that changing. Philly has plenty of scoring to go around but they will not be able to stay out of the box and that spellls trouble. The Pens problem will be which Flyer to harrass. As hot as Umberger is right now, and the way he's played against the Pens, I see Ruutu matched against Umberger. Great series for sure. Pens in 7.

The Wings are on a roll for sure. They've been hot all season. I believe thay ran into a team that plays good defense in round one. They will once again run into a team that plays great defense in Dallas. Dallas needs to stay out of the box to have any prayer. I think the Stars do play good D against the Wings but it's still not enough. Wings in 6, with a couple of these games going to overtime.

I got Detroit in probably 5.

As a Flyer fan I'd love to see the upset in 6/7 games. Don't think it can happen though as Pitt is just too much on the Power Play. Plus, with the loss of Timmonen the Pens will likely sweep. He would have locked down on Crosby or Malkin, but now that won't happen. Hurts me to say it, but Pitt in 5.

I got Detroit in probably 5.

As a Flyer fan I'd love to see the upset in 6/7 games. Don't think it can happen though as Pitt is just too much on the Power Play. Plus, with the loss of Timmonen the Pens will likely sweep. He would have locked down on Crosby or Malkin, but now that won't happen. Hurts me to say it, but Pitt in 5.

I hope you are right................ :D

Can't wait for tonight !!!!! :wacko: