[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Best bass guitar line of all time?

cre8tiff

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jaco, as always, uses his bass like a paintbrush. So awesome. And Pat Metheny ain't bad either.

Props for this post, never expected that one. The obvious nomination along these lines would be "Birdland" but I suspect this thread is generally assumed to be about rock.

• 9 months later...
Some of my favorites off the top of my head...

Ramble On - Led Zep

Money - Pink Floyd

Dear Prudence - Beatles

Seven Nation Army - White Stripes

Whipping Post - Allman Brothers

Seven Nation Army -Jack uses a guitar with an octave effect to sound like a bass

Many on this board have expressed our love for Primus and Les Claypool in particular. I'll add another example:

When I was in my early 20s I went to a LOT of live shows. Generally my prime objective was to get down to the mosh pit and spend the whole show throwing myself around like an idiot and leave with as many bruises as possible (or in the case of a GWAR show, drenched in as much fake blood as possible). First time I saw Primus I couldn't wait to get into the pit, but from the very beginning of the set, I couldn't mosh, couldn't even move. Watching Les was a "feet glued to the floor, jaw hanging open" experience. He played a 5 string fretless without a single note out of tune, while singing, while dancing around like a jellyfish. I saw them 3 or 4 times in total, and every time I spent the opening acts trying to get to safe ground with a good view of the stage. It was startling how good he was, and able to combine it all at once. Oh, and Herb and Ler were amazing as well.