[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Official Interboard recruiting thread

MikesVikes

The Interboard Challenge League is a competition between five message boards - Last year TheHuddle, FFToday, FootballGuys, KFFL, and FantasySportWire competed. There could be a few changes in representation this year however. This will be the 8th season for the IBL.

Each board selects 12 members to participate - a 60 member league. Each league member is trying to win as an individual and also as a board member. The Huddle won the board title last year and has won it a few other times as well.

There are 5 drafts held, beginning usually in late July, early August, and mid August. Each board has 2-3 of its members in each of the drafts.

After all of the drafts are completed, all 60 league members are combined into one hugh league. The league has five copies of each NFL player. A Huddler has for his opponent each week one member from another board, so you play 4 H2H matchups each week of the regular season.

The Huddle is looking for a minimum of two new members to add to its team this season for replacements.

This league requires a substantial time commitment of its league members. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE TIME TO COMMIT TO THIS LEAGUE, THAN THIS IS NOT FOR YOU.

Besides following along with the five drafts, there are many trades of players and/or draft picks to consider. Waivers are processed each week and that is a battle each and every week in of itself.

If you're interested or want more information, post in this thread for consideration. Add your name to the list of Huddlers that already has expressed interest.

2007 Site

2007 Returning Huddlers:

*MikesVikes (Co-Commish)

*Usual Suspects/Big Talker(Co-Commish)

*Loyalboyd

*Wolverines Fan

*Storm Chasers

*REZ

*budlitebrad

*Doc Holliday

*Perchoutofwater

UrlacherIsGod!

* = Confirmed back

Joining this year:

Peepinmofo - expressed interest last year has signed a hugh contract for this year. :D

Randall - Another Huddler that posted on the recruiting thread in the past and finally throwing his hat in the ring this year.

Hopefully everyone above is returning. We need more names in the hopper just in case. :D

Btw, it's no coincidence that the interest from Huddlers has helped us in the league. I've looked at recruiting at other sites and some of them have started in March and don't have 12 confirmed members. We have no such problem. :wacko:

Edited by MikesVikes

This sounds like an awesome league and I would love to represent The Huddle...but I do not have the time needed to put forth my best effort. Best of luck to the current team and to our new representatives! :wacko:

This sounds like an awesome league and I would love to represent The Huddle...but I do not have the time needed to put forth my best effort. Best of luck to the current team and to our new representatives! :wacko:

Same here and I'm probably too new to take part, but I'll be rooting for you all!!!

Mike forgot to mention that if you miss a guy you are targeting in your draft that you can try and trade into another draft to get him

Correct. I copied this thread from last year so I must have not mentioned that both years. If you love trading picks and/or players, then this league may be for you. There's also an outside chance that more than 5 boards will be in the contest this year. There are some situations still to be hammered out.

Mike forgot to mention that if you miss a guy you are targeting in your draft that you can try and trade into another draft to get him

So how would that work? Don't mean to be stupid here, but not following how you can trade out of a draft.

This is a very fun league. But very very time consuming. You literally get what you put into it. I am a trade-a-holic. Someone else might say its worst than that for me. But this league meets all my needs. If you are going to be into this league deeply please join. Because I plan on helping us go back to back championships with thehuddle. So if you want to be on board to brag about beating down the other boards TWO years in a row. Your looking to be a member of the huddle squad!!

This is a very fun league. But very very time consuming. You literally get what you put into it. I am a trade-a-holic. Someone else might say its worst than that for me. But this league meets all my needs. If you are going to be into this league deeply please join. Because I plan on helping us go back to back championships with thehuddle. So if you want to be on board to brag about beating down the other boards TWO years in a row. Your looking to be a member of the huddle squad!!

Yo Boyd...give us an idea of "very very time consuming." It differs from person to person but for you, how much time a week do you put into it?

So how would that work? Don't mean to be stupid here, but not following how you can trade out of a draft.

Its 5 drafts going on at one time. They usually about a week apart if I am correct. Its so much trading going on that the draft isn't going to be done quickly. And if you can't deal with one person. Its another person waiting on you to ask them to trade.

Yo Boyd...give us an idea of "very very time consuming." It differs from person to person but for you, how much time a week do you put into it?

I'm an extreme case. I was on it for about 12 hours a day. I trade a LOT. My current job situation allowed me to do that. Because you have people talking to you about trades at all times almost. People also reply quickly to trade offers as well. After a while you may find a trading partner that you work better with. Because in my case I had a draft pick in A B C D and E draft by the time I was done trading. It really depends on your drafting style and if you gotta have a player. You can gauge where people will go if you pay attention to the draft. Also you can get a feel of what boards like who better. Like last year I noticed some boards were not as high on Travis Henry as some Huddlers were. That is a good thing though.

So if I was to guess how much time you would spend to be productive it would be about 2-4 hours a day if you are trading. That is not in one sitting. Plus its so many boards. People be on talking about some of everything and you get caught up in the conversation most of the time and time slips you. But you want to check back and forth if you are trying to work a trade.

Overall once this drafting is done and all the drafts are closed. The time frame isn't as much. That is strictly up to you. I do so much research on players that I don't want to count that because if you are on here now. Obviously you are doing it now. So after the draft I guess it would be less than 3 hours a week if that. But again that is if you are not trying to work out a trade. The waiver wire is fierce fellas in this league so that is one of the reasons you will spend time combing the wire trying to find that gem before someone else the following week. Also setting your line-ups. this league you want to have the perfect lineup. Because its a bad feeling when you go 0-4. But, I am a genius feeling going 4-0. Those wins and losses add up quickly as well. Just because your on top the first few weeks don't mean you got it made. I have seen a few teams get going good and be at the bottom by league end. You have to stay on top of this. If you don't it will show in the standings. So stay on top of everything. Because everything is an edge. Also let you teammates know whats going on. If you get some insider knowledge let them know as well. Because again its about TEAM.

Again fellas. As I stated last year. I plan on winning a Championship with the huddle. Since I am playing again this year I plan on winning again. This is a TEAM game. If one fail we all fail. We are the huddle. And I am ready to kick some A$$.

It can be a very slow draft process, especially when trying to keep track of 60 teams trading in and out of 5 drafts, but I enjoy it. I usually try to grab value if I'm in an early draft and then try to trade back into the later ones if I'm heavy at one position. Too bad it never usually works out...

You could trade your 2nd and 3rd pick for somebody else's 1st and 4th round pick for example. Those traded picks could either be for players already drafted or yet to be used picks. There's 5 different drafts held and after all of them are completed, all of the rosters are loaded into the one official league website from the 5 completed draft sites. You can own a player from any of the 5 drafts, but you just can't own more than one copy of the same player at any time.

You could trade your 2nd and 3rd pick for somebody else's 1st and 4th round pick for example. Those traded picks could either be for players already drafted or yet to be used picks. There's 5 different drafts held and after all of them are completed, all of the rosters are loaded into the one official league website from the 5 completed draft sites. You can own a player from any of the 5 drafts, but you just can't own more than one copy of the same player at any time.

In other words, Team A cannot own more than one Randy Moss, however Team A could play Team B one week and both own Randy Moss.

How about cross-over waivers? Assume that Team A is in League 1 and the player they want to pick up is not available in League 1. If that player is available in league 4, can they bid on that player?

Edited by The Wolf

In other words, Team A cannot own more than one Randy Moss, however Team A could play Team B one week and both own Randy Moss.

How about cross-over waivers? Assume that Team A is in League 1 and the player they want to pick up is not available in League 1. If that player is available in league 4, can they bid on that player?

Yes you could have Randy Moss and also play against him. Yes player cross-over is allowed and most players move across the line quite frequently.

Trading and working the waiver wire is all further complicated by the number of franchises in the league. Luckily, MFL made some enhancements a few years ago to help in scanning free agents. A player is on a free agent list if there's at least one copy of them available. Before that wasn't the case. Also, If a runningback comes out of no where during the season, most likely the first 5 owners on the waiver wire priority list get him. So 55 owners have to scramble for other free agents or see what shakes loose from the roster cuts.

Edited by MikesVikes

Trading and working the waiver wire is all further complicated by the number of franchises in the league. Luckily, MFL made some enhancements a few years ago to help in scanning free agents. A player is on a free agent list if there's at least one copy of them available. Before that wasn't the case. Also, If a runningback comes out of no where during the season, most likely the first 5 owners on the waiver wire priority list get him. So 55 owners have to scramble for other free agents or see what shakes loose from the roster cuts.

So waiver priority runs from 1 - 60 or are there 5 #1's and then it becomes first come, first served amongst those five?

So waiver priority runs from 1 - 60 or are there 5 #1's and then it becomes first come, first served amongst those five?

Everything runs like a 60 man league with 5 copies of each player. So if there's 4 or 5 copies of Kevin Jones available that's 4 or 5 chances of everyone in the league to get him. If after 10 free agent transactions he's gone, then he's gone. Roster limits are 18 players so sometimes you'll see decent players dropped from rosters that may be just as good or better than what you can pickup late in round one or round two of waivers.

Hopefully we don't have any more Huddlers bowing out this year but if we do, I'd love to have you consider this league.

Hopefully we don't have any more Huddlers bowing out this year but if we do, I'd love to have you consider this league.

It sounds very interesting and I'd love to represent The Huddle. Free time will be a factor in any decision, however.

It sounds very interesting and I'd love to represent The Huddle. Free time will be a factor in any decision, however.

Its' a very fun league. Only you know how much time it will take to build the best team for not only yourself but for The Huddle team as well. It is a time factor with everyone. But if you put in a decent amount of time. You will get everyone you wanted to draft in this league. Time and patience is the key. But come on fellas join the winning team.