[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chicago Huddlers

The Irish Doggy

Coming in and out of Chi-town for a real quick business meeting this week on Wednesday. The route I need to take is murder: Hoffman Estates to I-65 and vice versa. What's the best way rush and non-rush hours these days? When I used to live in Chicago, I would have done 90/94 and the skyway. 294 always seemed to be the eternal suck no matter when I took it. Is 355 South to 80 East worth considering? I know the stretch of 80/94 can be real bad, but getting around downtown may be worth it...

I'm even considering bypassing the Chicago metro-area completely by going West to Rockford, South to Bloomington on 39, and then East to Indy and home to Cincinnati. That way adds 125 miles, but well... anyone who has driven through Chicago knows why I looked at it..... :wacko:

Appreciate the advice.

Coming in and out of Chi-town for a real quick business meeting this week on Wednesday. The route I need to take is murder: Hoffman Estates to I-65 and vice versa. What's the best way rush and non-rush hours these days? When I used to live in Chicago, I would have done 90/94 and the skyway. 294 always seemed to be the eternal suck no matter when I took it. Is 355 South to 80 East worth considering? I know the stretch of 80/94 can be real bad, but getting around downtown may be worth it...

I'm even considering bypassing the Chicago metro-area completely by going West to Rockford, South to Bloomington on 39, and then East to Indy and home to Cincinnati. That way adds 125 miles, but well... anyone who has driven through Chicago knows why I looked at it..... :wacko:

Appreciate the advice.

355 to 80 is a BREEZE!!!! You will have no traffic pretty much whatever time of day you hit the extension. 80/94 will be a bit congesting....but would probably be better than trying to zip through the city. Take 355 south to 80/94 east. Do the obligatory wait on 80/94, which should be quicker than in the city, and then breeze on over to 65. Good Luck.

355 to 80 is a BREEZE!!!! You will have no traffic pretty much whatever time of day you hit the extension. 80/94 will be a bit congesting....but would probably be better than trying to zip through the city. Take 355 south to 80/94 east. Do the obligatory wait on 80/94, which should be quicker than in the city, and then breeze on over to 65. Good Luck.

If you can access your puter, here's a good site for current traffic conditions:

http://www.illinoistollway.com/portal/page...;_schema=PORTAL

Well, according to RR's link, 355 isn't too bad right now. I'll give it a shot. TY both.

its impossible to stay under the speed limit on that new stretch

LOL...you got that right....I went to Famous Dave's in Bolingbrook the other day and took that stretch back home and I will tell ya....I was going 90 and didn't even know it....there is really no other cars to get a point of reference....it is a great road...give it a few years and it will be just like 294

LOL...you got that right....I went to Famous Dave's in Bolingbrook the other day and took that stretch back home and I will tell ya....I was going 90 and didn't even know it....there is really no other cars to get a point of reference....it is a great road...give it a few years and it will be just like 294

a co-worker lives in frankfort and said when it 1st opened there were cops everywhere knowing it was a speed strip. so keep your eyes peeled when on it.

It was probably you and like 15 other people on a 3 to 4 lane road for what 20+ miles.....How was 80 east?

355 was a little heavier than that, but it was easy and open. 80 got heavy at the merge with 294, but I figured on that. The whole thing took about 90-100 minutes. Luckily, I started about 3PM, so I didn't hit full-on rush hour.