[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

OSU vs USC

sacosud

Great game by USC. Penalties and turnovers killed the Buckeyes. We were able to gain yards (at least in the 1st half) but then self-destructed.

Once USC got the big lead and started blitzing more, the Buckeyes were awful.

Time to go make sure I'm not starting any HOU or BAL players.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So why not just say... I'm not impressed by what anyone does at this stage of the year, instead of implying that you are impressed by a specific team. All this shows is you have some sort of bias against USC.

:wacko: HELLO!!! Is this not the OSU vs USC thread? Has there not been a great deal of conversation regarding how impressive USC is?

Why must I have some sort of bias against the Trojans? Because I'm the only one who's not impressed by the fact that they beat up on a grossly overrated team? OSU will lose at least one more this year.

I expected USC to win by at least a couple scores tonight so no this has nothing to do with a USC bias rather not being impressed by what was pridictable to most who really watch college football.

Edited by BS Miscreant

And I'm just wondering again, what exactly WOULD impress you? Regardless of whether or not you feel Ohio State is overrated or not, what would impress you? Ohio State certainly isn't the first team that struggled with a weak opponent the week before. I mean how exactly DO YOU evaluate teams, since you Really Watch College Football. (And I apparently don't because this started when you shi|t on my post that I made at halftime).

I fervently hope that we shock the world, but can't see it. Mediocre QB, receivers who can't get separation, light-in-the-ass DTs, a 75% Beanie and unimaginative coordinators add up to trouble against the big, bad Trojans. This one could get ugly, but I think the defense will help keep it close. A few TOs, imaginative play-calling on offense and a few late hits on Sanchez' chin might be the recipe to keep it competitive; else Petey will love to RUTS on the Senator. :wacko:

Sad to say I was right on all counts. This staff continues to show the same colors in big games. Bollman and Heacock deserve to be friggin' milkmen, not O and D-coords. We need some studs to plug up the middle of the D, a QB who doesn't resemble Sarah Palin's youngest son and a Head Coach with a killer instinct. :D

There is no doubt about the game. That's very sad for me to say and painful, however we are seeing total domination in every aspect of the game.

I just hope OSU can recover it's mindset for the season and remember there is a lot left to play for in the Big Ten and beyond. OSU will have a very tough time recovering mentally.

This guy gets it. Finally, a voice of reason from the OSU side. Thanks for being objective. USC is clearly the best team in college football.

Rough week for my PAC-10 today losing 7 out of 10 :wacko: I think that the Big 12 has some legitimate claim to the #2 or even #1 conference in College football. The Pac-10 is not in the Top 2 this year. Oregon State is down and so is UCLA. Hard to believe the eggs laid by Arizona St. and Cal today? That's what happens when you believe that you can just lace em up and roll through these games.

Edited by theprofessor

:wacko: HELLO!!! Is this not the OSU vs USC thread? Has there not been a great deal of conversation regarding how impressive USC is?

Why must I have some sort of bias against the Trojans? Because I'm the only one who's not impressed by the fact that they beat up on a grossly overrated team? OSU will lose at least one more this year.

I expected USC to win by at least a couple scores tonight so no this has nothing to do with a USC bias rather not being impressed by what was pridictable to most who really watch college football.

Now here's a guy that DOESN'T get it. Your not very objective if you can watch USC and think that they're not that impressive. Come on? Name 1 team that has as much athleticism, has as good as a coaching staff, consistently wins the BIG games and simply dominates almost every team that's put in front of them, home or away? If you know the game and are unbiased you have to appreciate the product that USC puts on the field every weekend.

And I'm just wondering again, what exactly WOULD impress you? Regardless of whether or not you feel Ohio State is overrated or not, what would impress you? Ohio State certainly isn't the first team that struggled with a weak opponent the week before. I mean how exactly DO YOU evaluate teams, since you Really Watch College Football. (And I apparently don't because this started when you shi|t on my post that I made at halftime).

If the following in your eyes is crapping on your post then you are waaaayyyy to sensitive..

Make up yer mind GW. Is USC awesome or is Ohio St conservative and predictable?

I'll answer that for you. No and yes.

Truth is Ohio St is once again overrated and so is USC. OSU being ranked so high after being spanked by real teams in the last two NC games is simply a joke which in turn makes this win by USC not impressive at all. As for USC getting mad props and jumping teams to the number one spot because they travelled all the way across the country to punk Virginia... UConn just beat the Cavaliers 45-10.

I'm not impressed.

Now here's a guy that DOESN'T get it. Your not very objective if you can watch USC and think that they're not that impressive. Come on? Name 1 team that has as much athleticism, has as good as a coaching staff, consistently wins the BIG games and simply dominates almost every team that's put in front of them, home or away? If you know the game and are unbiased you have to appreciate the product that USC puts on the field every weekend.

Yes, USC is very athletic and everyone loves them. They have certainly won their share of big games. All I'm saying is, they were ranked very high to begin with and then the real love fest started after they "travelled all the way across the country" to punk UVA( who just got punked by UConn by a similar score). Ohio St barely beat Ohio U and I'd call it looking ahead too but the Bobcats turned the ball over 5 times and still had that game won. All I'm saying is I'm not prepared this early to say anyone is great.

Apparently not part of his equation of impressive teams is holding Ohio State to no touchdowns, something that hasn't happened in almost 12 years.

I'll give you this one. I didn't expect them to be completely shut down but then maybe with even as little credit I was giving them I still gave them too much.

Hell, people nearly every "expert" throughout the week was predicting OSU being manhandled by SC.

they "travelled all the way across the country" to punk UVA( who just got punked by UConn by a similar score). Ohio St barely beat Ohio U and I'd call it looking ahead too but the Bobcats turned the ball over 5 times and still had that game won.

We, as fans, when we debate "who is better", we do the above way too much. We hear it all the time ..... OSU must not be that good because they barely got by Ohio U and we thought USC's win over Virginia was a quality win until Virginia got beat up by UConn. Do I think the Mountain West Conference is better and deeper than the Pac-10 conference because they beat us 4 times this weekend? No. Do I think Arizona State has been overrated and overhyped because they got beat yesterday in overtime by UNLV? Maybe, but probably No. Although Michigan is obviously down this year do I think Notre Dame's 18 points better? Hell No. Do I think USC must not have been the best team in 07' because they overlooked Stanford? No.

It's what makes this sport the greatest sport to follow. This game is played with emotion, momentum and crowd influence more than most other sports. You add parity into the mix and on any Saturday, anything can happen and commonly does. Most of us, just by watching, can sense who the elite teams are. The debates are fun but often times the reasoning is a little confused.

fans that argue who is better on the innernets are complete morans--and eventually it all falls into "wanna bet" scenarios. Not only moranic, but lame and stale. Especially when loud mouths who can't keep their ego in check get involved. Just enjoy the best reality TV ever produced.

We, as fans, when we debate "who is better", we do the above way too much. We hear it all the time ..... OSU must not be that good because they barely got by Ohio U and we thought USC's win over Virginia was a quality win until Virginia got beat up by UConn. Do I think the Mountain West Conference is better and deeper than the Pac-10 conference because they beat us 4 times this weekend? No. Do I think Arizona State has been overrated and overhyped because they got beat yesterday in overtime by UNLV? Maybe, but probably No. Although Michigan is obviously down this year do I think Notre Dame's 18 points better? Hell No. Do I think USC must not have been the best team in 07' because they overlooked Stanford? No.

It's what makes this sport the greatest sport to follow. This game is played with emotion, momentum and crowd influence more than most other sports. You add parity into the mix and on any Saturday, anything can happen and commonly does. Most of us, just by watching, can sense who the elite teams are. The debates are fun but often times the reasoning is a little confused.

I agree with most of this to a great extent, particularly your second paragraph. However, given the system we have, how else are we to evaulate the quality of teams but by their body of work in the current season? No, USC losing to Stanford doesn't mean they aren't the best team in the country but it most certainly does mean they weren't as good as everyone thought. This year they got mad props for whipping UVA even though we obviously had no idea how bad they are. I'm also thinking that OSU's performance against SC might very well have shown that their inability to handle Ohio U was because they're just not that good. Is the Mountain West better than the Pac-10? Not likely, but the Pac-10 is clearly not as good as billed. One team losing to a team they really shouldn't is one thing...chalk it up to any number of things. But when half a conference lays eggs against "inferior" opposition then maybe it's an indication of the actual quality of said conference.

I get why ya'll are so excited by USC. They have looked dominant all over the field. Can't take that away but...

against who?

Tell you what, if USC continues to beat everyone like that or even if OSU comes back to life and shows that they are a legit top 5 team, I will start my own thread stating how way off base I have been for the last two days.

USC passes the eyeball test. They LOOK better than certainly anyone we saw last year. Unlike the past 2 seasons they are able to stretch the field because Sanchez is simply a better QB than Booty. I just look at the best of 2006 and best of 2007, and say, this USC team would mop the floor with any of them hands down. You have to go back to 2005 when USC and Texas were both sensational. I'm not gonna put this USC team in that category because they don't deserve to be, but they have all the tools to be put in that discussion if they can now take care of business against a pretty weak Pac 10 slate. There toughest test will probably come from Oregon, and that one is at home. Arizona State is another tricky one, but again, at home. This team should roll to Miami without breaking a sweat.

• 2 weeks later...

:wacko: