[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Keep Witten over Steve Smith?

Steelhead

I have Gore as one of my 2 keepers. Need to decide between Steve Smith and Jason Witten. I am very hesitant on keeping a TE but Witten is clearly poised to be the #1 TE. Steve Smith is at the low end of the top 10 or 15. Add the 2 game suspension and Witten is looking better.

I have the 5th pick in the draft and with other WRs as keepers here's what's available in the draft.

Roy Williams

Fitzgerald

Holt

CJ

Burress

Welker

Jennings

Holmes

Cotchery

Coles

etc...

I'ts very possible that 3 WRs could go before my pick, leaving me with Holt, CJ, or Burress as my WR1. Could be worse, but am I better off with Steve Smith AND picking up another WR or I take Brees. Brady will probably go #1. Based on peoples keepers and the quality of RBs left I see a run on WR and QB in the draft. here's the list of keepers

QBs - Peyton, Romo,

RBs - LT, AP, SJax, Addai, Westbrook, Portis, Lynch, Gore, LJ, Grant, Barber, MJD, Bush, Maroney, Parker

WRs - Moss, TO, Wayne, AJ, Colston, Steve Smith??, Calvin Johnson, Boldin

Looking at the list of WRs left I would take Steve Smith before all of them bar Larry Fitzgerald. He'll be out 2 games but if Delhomme's healthy Smith will be seeing the ball often and for long distances. Bear in mind the talk is he'll be booted out of Carolina at the end of the season, he's probably playing for a contract as well (trade and sign new deal being a very likely outcome).

Looking at the list of WRs left I would take Steve Smith before all of them bar Larry Fitzgerald. He'll be out 2 games but if Delhomme's healthy Smith will be seeing the ball often and for long distances. Bear in mind the talk is he'll be booted out of Carolina at the end of the season, he's probably playing for a contract as well (trade and sign new deal being a very likely outcome).

Scoring is the same for TE and WR. 1pt per 2 rec, 1pt per 20yds, 6 pts per TD

not sure if Fitzy falls to me, but the guy in front of me had him last year and was disappointed.

Pick 1 keepers - Portis, Boldin

Pick 2 keepers - Wayne, Barber

Pick 3 keepers - Lynch, Maroney

Pick 4 keepers - Romo, Grant

My keepers - Gore, Steve Smith or Witten

it's possible but I'm not holding my breath