[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How is McFadden?

Guggs

As of right now I haven't seen anything that leads me to believe that he won't play. Though we haven't heard how bad the toe is. My guess is that we find out later today.

This from Oaktown Raider blog: – The Raiders weren’t sure when running back Darren McFadden got his case of turf toe, but Kiffin said it may have happened on his 50-yard run. He didn’t attribute McFadden’s curious fade to the injury however, believing it was a combination of tying up like a sprinter in the 400 meters and concern over a potential fumble (which he did anyway . . . it went out of bounds).

Hope that is indeed the case. Turf toe can be a season-long issue if severe enough. Charles Woodson spent the entire 2001 season missing practice all week and receiving injections to play every Sunday.

– The injuries to McFadden and Justin Fargas underscored the belief of both Kiffin and Greg Knapp that having three running backs was not a luxury but a necessity.

Raiders | McFadden leaves early Week 2

Mon, 15 Sep 2008 16:06:03 -0700

Oakland Raiders RB Darren McFadden (toe) left early Week 2 with turf toe and his status for Week 3 is uncertain.

Raiders | McFadden could miss practice Wednesday

Tue, 16 Sep 2008 10:13:06 -0700

Jason Jones, of the Sacramento Bee, reports Oakland Raiders RB Darren McFadden (toe) could miss practice Wednesday, Sept. 17.

Raiders | Fargas' MRI results expected back Wednesday

Tue, 16 Sep 2008 10:44:29 -0700

Jason Jones, of the Sacramento Bee, reports the results from Oakland Raiders RB Justin Fargas' (groin) MRI are expected back Wednesday, Sept. 17.

ESPN's John Clayton reports that Justin Fargas (groin) could be out "a few weeks."

Fargas' MRI results weren't released, but Clayton says he has no timetable to return.This will give Darren McFadden a chance to claim Oakland's starting tailback job, assuming his turf toe isn't severe. Michael Bush could also play a lot more now, possibly as the "2" in a 1-2 punch with McFadden.

:wacko:

:wacko:

Watching the replay and seeing Fargas react the way he did leads me to believe it is more than just a couple week thing. I am no doctor and I am obviously speculating, but I do know groins are a tough injury as there is really only one sure-fire remedy (rest) and it is easy to reaggravate a pulled groin at any time(expecially for a RB). I remember years back when Fred Taylor pulled his groin badly. I think they figured it would be a couple weeks for him, too, but it was the better part of the season IIRC and took him a while to look good after that.

If I was a betting man, I'd say its up to Run DMC(if he can go) and Mike Bush for the rest of this year. Fargas hasnt had the best luck with injuries since coming into the league...

Darren McFadden (turf toe) was spotted in a protective walking boot as the Raiders broke for practice late Wednesday.

It's time to pick up Michael Bush, who has a real chance to start Sunday at Buffalo. McFadden did not take part in Wednesday's workout, and while the boot may be precautionary, there are indications that he's in danger of missing Week 3. Justin Fargas (groin pull) is virtually certain to be out.

ouch

He missed practice and was seen in a walking boot. Not looking good for this week.

McFadden

From the link:

Coach Lane Kiffin indicated that Darren McFadden (turf toe) could have played if the Raiders had a game Wednesday.

yet.......

the source says this...

McFadden didn't practice and was in a walking boot. The Raiders are expected to play if safe with the No. 4 overall pick in Week 3, and the Oakland Tribune suggests that Michael Bush "could be in for 25+ carries" against Buffalo if McFadden experiences pain early on. Keep track of this situation.

Ok, we know Fartgas is a scratch with his groin.

Lets say Kiffin does play it safe with McFadden & sits him against Buffalo.

One thing I've seen both last year & so far this year, is that the Raiders have a VERY strong run game & Kiffin seems content to stick with it, even if playing from behind.

So, what do we see for Bush? Can he run against the Bills without a legitimate passing game (at least none in evidence so far anyway)? Or is the Buffalo D a step up from their recent competition & they shut down the Raider run game?

McFadden

Rookie McFadden returns to Raiders practice

McFadden

Darren McFadden (turf toe) returned to Raiders practice Thursday.

The team hasn't disclosed how much McFadden will do in the workout, but his chances of playing at Buffalo just went way up. An active McFadden would be very hard to sit, even if he's a shaky bet to make it through the entire game. Oakland figures to run like crazy against the Bills on Sunday. Sep. 18 - 2:57 pm et

article

September 18, 2008

McFadden returns, Fargas and Kwame sit

ALAMEDA -- RB Darren McFadden was at practice this morning after sitting out yesterday's session with turf toe.

We'll find out how much he actually does in practice in a couple of hours when coach Lane Kiffin gives the injury report.

LT Kwame Harris (knee) and RB Justin Fargas (groin) aren't practicing. Harris has been out since a Denver defender rolled into his leg during the Raiders' season-opening loss.

From Fanball

Raiders: McFadden practices with special insert

The News

Raiders running back Darren McFadden, who is nursing a turf toe injury, practiced Thursday with a steel plate in his shoe to protect the toe, according to the Sacramento Bee. "It made me feel like I was running flat-footed," McFadden said.

Our View

Trying to run with a steel plate under your feet does not seem like an ideal situation, but McFadden will give it a go. With Justin Fargas out, he and Michael Bush will carry the load as the Raiders travel across the country to Buffalo.

He'll be using the plate under his foot in the game? :wacko:

So this says.....

September 18, 2008

On steel footing

ALAMEDA - Darren McFadden practiced today with a steel plate in shoe and looks on course to play Sunday in Buffalo.

But you could imagine, running with steel on the bottom of your foot isn't exactly comfortable.

He did about 70 percent of his usual work in practice.

"It made me feel like I was running flat-footed," McFadden said. "I feel like once I get used to practicing with that, playing with that, I'll be all right."

www.sacbee.com

Darren McFadden (turf toe) was "limited" in Raiders practice Friday.

His playing status for Sunday will likely down to an issue of pain tolerance. This is looking like a situation to avoid because the Bills rush defense is strong. If McFadden is "up," he's looking more like a flex play than a RB2 now.

---------------

I don't know why they're even considering playing him after seeing what LT is going through (obviously suffering and not the same player). I'd keep him out this week and next & with a bye the following week, you give him 4 weeks of rest and only miss him for 2 games.

Then again, this is the same franchise that could of had a muligan on the Javon Walker signing (he offered to return his signing bonus to retire) and for some reason gave stiffs like Tommy Kelly & D'Angelo Hall over $115 million.

Edited by cory_n_az