[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Phillies

TDFFFreak

Really, I used to work for Burlington Coat Factory and lived in Mt Laurel for a bit

lol...believe it or not i live in mt laurel....Burlington coat factory on route 73 right?

LETS GO PHILLIES BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WORLD SERIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cole scared me that inning...I still find it hard to believe we are going to win two games in LA so I am not counting any chickens yet

Oh, but we did and we are now the 2008 National League Champs!!!!!! :wacko:

Nice job Phillies and I am looking forward to whomever we play in the World Series.

Yes sir!!! I dont like about talking about winning it all this early but I cant wait for the series to start!!! I hope we can pull it out....i'lll definatly be on broad street for the parade....its gonna be insane....then the whole world will see how crazy of fans we really are...

Phillies get to rest while Bos/Tam have the emotional and physical toll of game 7. If Philly can stay sharp from the long lay off they can possibly jump out of the gate early in the series

Edited by whomper

Phillies get to rest while Bos/Tam have the emotional and physical toll of game 7. If Philly can stay sharp from the long lay off they can possibly jump out of the gate early in the series

judging by how last year went when Boston was in the WS, the break wasn't so good for the Rockies..

Giddyup Boys! The next 4-8 days are going to be awesome, starting with tonight!

Everyone in Philly is looking past Game 1 tonight with Hamels on the mound, but I am not so sure. He came out rusty against the Dodgers in Game 1 of that series (Dodgers jumped on him for a run, and it could have been two had Manny hit the ball about a foot further). I thinl everyone is overlooking Kazmir, who everyone forgets left Game 5 with a 7-0 lead after 6 innings.....he should have been 2-0 in the ALCS. He is one tough lefty, and a longtime Ray who would love to win one for the home team tonight. Gonna be electtric tonight, with the game decided late!

Game 1 winner gets a huge leg-up in the series....if the Phillies fail to win with Hamels tonight, they are in tough shape for the next 3 games, as I see them winning only once with Myers/Moyer/Blanton.

Giddyup Boys! The next 4-8 days are going to be awesome, starting with tonight!

Everyone in Philly is looking past Game 1 tonight with Hamels on the mound, but I am not so sure. He came out rusty against the Dodgers in Game 1 of that series (Dodgers jumped on him for a run, and it could have been two had Manny hit the ball about a foot further). I thinl everyone is overlooking Kazmir, who everyone forgets left Game 5 with a 7-0 lead after 6 innings.....he should have been 2-0 in the ALCS. He is one tough lefty, and a longtime Ray who would love to win one for the home team tonight. Gonna be electtric tonight, with the game decided late!

Game 1 winner gets a huge leg-up in the series....if the Phillies fail to win with Hamels tonight, they are in tough shape for the next 3 games, as I see them winning only once with Myers/Moyer/Blanton.

+1...everyone seems overly optimistic....especially a good portion of analysts..

it seems as if some of the analysts are rooting for the Rays, but say the Phillies will win so that if the Rays win, they can have a greater story...

the Rays are the favorites, but a lot of people are saying Phillies......this worries me....

however someone on First Take just said Rays..

I have a bad feeling about game 1.....and what a waste it would be to have our ace lose game 1 and have to wait until game 4 or 5 to be able to play him again...

I am psyched just like everyone else is....and I am also worried about the layoff and the Hamels/Kazmir matchup tonite...I think that whoever wins game 1 is going to win the series and unfortunately I dont think the Phils win tonight :wacko: well I will always have 1980

reverse jinx...i like it!

keep the faith...we're exactly where we thought we'd be....up small, handing the ball to the best 1-2 bullpen punch in the majors.

I've been more worried about the road games...if we can come back to Philly with the series tied 1-1, I'd feel good about that..

sooooo.....anyone else a tad nervous with Lidge coming in to face their 3-4-5 hitters?

me neither... :wacko:

i do worry that we are going to see Lidge end up not saving a game for us for the 1st time this year( not sure when in the series but at some point)

:fingerscrossed:

Dorn to Wild Thing "Strike this MotherF%$ker Out!"

Edited by keggerz

One Down!

coming home, at worst, 1-1.....I like it!

Man, if Myers can come up with a gem tomorrow, we are in diggity good shape!!

I agree, i was hoping to at least get out with a split...i feel like Myers is due for a clunker but hopefully he can put together a 6-7 inning gem and also hopefully we can get the bats going now that they got some swings under their belt....this very easily could have been a 7-9 run outburst for the phils.

One Down!

coming home, at worst, 1-1.....I like it!

Man, if Myers can come up with a gem tomorrow, we are in diggity good shape!!

As a Phillies fan, you HAVE to feel good about winning game one. On the road and winning the "must win" game IMO for the Phillies to have a good chance at winning the series. We left a ton of runners on base, but we got the win anyway. I'd love to go home up 2-0, but 1-1 is just fine.

I'll enjoy this win tonight and then go back to bitting my nails tomorrow.

Edited by TDFFFreak