[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

PacMan out at least 4 Weeks

Kansas State 2000

1. No contest? Do you really want to argue that Michael Irvin's cocaine possession is not a criminal act, just because of the way he plead?

2. yep, he was an idiot

3. I don't care if you were only one, you said "PacMan was the first real player while playing in the NFL that Dallas had that was a true CRIMINAL."

Only took me a 1 minute google search to prove that staement incorrect.

Again, just sayin'.....

1. Yes

2. One time mistake

3. One time mistake

Pacman is a true ... ok for you ... CAREER CRIMINAL!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was suspended because he was drinking. Part of the agreement he signed with Goodell was that he would stay away from all alcohol. He was drinking when he got in the fight, thus violating the agreement he signed.
In addition to any agreement that he may have signed, it sounds like the scuffle if it involved alcohol also could be a violation of his Georgia probation. I'm no convict, but can't a parole officer toss you back into jail/prison even for violations that aren't "official" (aka no police report)?

Is a suspension for something where he was not arrested, a police report was not filed and where he won't be charged for anything a bit extreme - certainly.

Did PacMan agree to a zero tollerence policy? Yes.

Is it not disputed that there was an incident? Yes

Has he had over a dozen run ins with the police over the past couple of years? Yes.

Does this make the NFL look bad? Yes.

Sounds like Goodell got it right decision. He's not being incarcerated because of this incident (possible parole violation aside). The NFL isn't a criminal court so innocent until proven guilty, reasonable doubt, and all those other legal terms don't apply here.

Looks lilke Dallas gets teh Titan's 5th rounder next year, per KFFL:

Cowboys | Team will receive fifth-round pick to complete trade for Jones

Tue, 14 Oct 2008 12:24:21 -0700

Todd Archer, of The Dallas Morning News, reports the Dallas Cowboys will receive a fifth-round pick in the 2009 NFL Draft from the Tennessee Titans to complete the trade involving CB Adam Jones. If Jones had made it through the season without any problems, the Cowboys would have given up a 2009 sixth-round pick to the Titans.

Looks lilke Dallas gets teh Titan's 5th rounder next year, per KFFL:

Cowboys | Team will receive fifth-round pick to complete trade for Jones

Tue, 14 Oct 2008 12:24:21 -0700

Todd Archer, of The Dallas Morning News, reports the Dallas Cowboys will receive a fifth-round pick in the 2009 NFL Draft from the Tennessee Titans to complete the trade involving CB Adam Jones. If Jones had made it through the season without any problems, the Cowboys would have given up a 2009 sixth-round pick to the Titans.

Can somebody clue me in on the details here because I fail to see why the Titans have to give the Cowboys a draft pick. They lost Jones to suspension, he plays for the Cowboys and now the Titans owe the 'Boys a pick? :wacko:

This must be the worst trade in the history of football.

Tennessee received a fourth-round pick from the Cowboys in the 2008 NFL Draft and was supposed to get a sixth-rounder next year for Jones. But because Jones has been suspended again, Dallas is instead expected to get the Titans' fifth-round pick next April.

Was this really that difficult to see coming?

Pacman Accused

Pacman Wants to be a Cowboy

Its kinda funny to look back and see all the Cowboy fans defending the decision to sign him.

I still defend the move. Hindsight is 20/20, but Dallas got to take a free look at him, and if he screwed up, we get compensation back. Guess what, he failed, and we get it back, so now we move on.

I still defend the move. Hindsight is 20/20, but Dallas got to take a free look at him, and if he screwed up, we get compensation back. Guess what, he failed, and we get it back, so now we move on.

You move on with your picks in hand, but a black eye on the franchise. I guess if that means nothing to the fan base and the management of the team, then you are right.

But I wonder...did he take the place of another free agent that might have been signed? Was someone they wanted to keep cut to make room for him?

Opportunity cost can sometimes be a high price....that won't be determined until much later.

You know Roger dropped the hammer on this fool because if he could fight with his own security guy then what would he do to the average Joe he got in a disaggreement with. The kid needs to be in a rubber room for a while. Just mind boggling how stupid this guy is. Makes me sick to know that the next time we read about him he will be probably being arrested for armed robbery or assaulting someone. Joe Public beware the fool is on the loose again but broke this time.

Edited by Cowboyz1

You move on with your picks in hand, but a black eye on the franchise. I guess if that means nothing to the fan base and the management of the team, then you are right.
I don't think it's a black eye on the franchise. It was a minor incident, people expected it, and it really didn't have anything to do with the franchise aside from Jones being an employee. Yeah it wasn't good for the franchise, but I don't think anyone's opinion of the Cowboys is really going to change because of them so the net effect is no change.

But I wonder...did he take the place of another free agent that might have been signed? Was someone they wanted to keep cut to make room for him?

Opportunity cost can sometimes be a high price....that won't be determined until much later.

The same thing can be said for any player. Teams sign rookies every year that don't work out and those roster spots "cost" the team possible free agents too. A free agent that was cut was right on the bubble anyways. The team evaluated the value for Jones and the cut player and decided which was better for the team.

This is exactly how I see it. You took a chance that you could buy low on a potentially great player and roll the dice that he is not stupid enough to blow his last chance at an NFL career

1. I wasnt overly impressed with his on the field performance

2. He truly is that dumb that he risked his chance

3. We move on. Hurts on the field with Newman down but lets get a look at the rookie .

I don't think it's a black eye on the franchise. It was a minor incident, people expected it, and it really didn't have anything to do with the franchise aside from Jones being an employee. Yeah it wasn't good for the franchise, but I don't think anyone's opinion of the Cowboys is really going to change because of them so the net effect is no change.

You seem to be looking thru cowboy-colored glasses. All ESPN radio was discussing this morning is how poorly the Cowboys reacted to the situation in comparison to the way the Giants handled Burress's situation internally, and the way the Panthers handled Steve Smith...each of those teams suspended said players for their misconduct. The Cowboys decided not to act upon a player who obviously was in violation of the parameters set by the NFL, and let him play this past Sunday. Very poor decision, but not surprising.

I agree, the outcome of it really isn't that impactful to the team on paper as it stands right now. Didn't really cost them anything tangible. If Cowboy fans and ownership can feel good about it in that vacuum, then I guess its fine. What's next, signing rapists and pedaphiles, as long as it doesn't cost the team a draft pick? While Pacman isn't at that level, thats the slippery slope you are arguing in favor of, and I don't think its the way to go.

The same thing can be said for any player. Teams sign rookies every year that don't work out and those roster spots "cost" the team possible free agents too. A free agent that was cut was right on the bubble anyways. The team evaluated the value for Jones and the cut player and decided which was better for the team.

No, the same thing can't be said for any player. The Cowboys could have kept any rookie, any marginal player they might have seen some upside in...instead, they opted to sign a criminal, who ended up being able to last a whopping 6 weeks before getting in trouble yet again.

And your comment "a free agent that was cut was right on the bubble anyway"?? Are you kidding? How is a free agent that was signed by another team a guy that was on the bubble? The Cowboys could have signed any free agent that was on the open market to improve their team...anyone at all, over the course of the entire summer. Instead, they signed Jones and handed him a valuable roster spot.

No matter how you try to spin it, it comes up tails.

Whomp and Sarge, I am disappointed in both of you. Surely, you have to know that taking a risk and signing a criminal, and throwing all regard for "doing the right thing" out the window, is not morally the right way to run a business....don't you?

You bring the words feel and care into football? Do you also cry for baseball? I do not have a care at all as long as the Cowboys win. Eagle fans do not know that feeling as they have not won anything meaningful …. Ever. If you care and feel than check yourself and your players as they have had a lot more trouble lately. Philly is criminal capital, throw stones at your own thug team.

Bring up the Philly arrests and he want to move on ... facts are a bitch.

No one from Philly went on a public message board and posted that one of our players "was the first real player while playing in the NFL that Dallas had that was a true CRIMINAL."

You did, you got called on it, and now you are trying to deflect your team's wretched signing by attacking another city on completely different topics.

Nice try.

Again, you've been made to look like an idiot....time to quit while you are behind.

Hey glass house boy ... watch those stones.

2-23-08 Mike Patterson arrested with Josh Gordon

8-22-07 Reid’s son arrested with Heroine

3-28-06 Dhani Jones arrested

I wouldn't mind being with a "heroine." Heroines, at least in the movies, are sexy, strong, courageous with a good sense of humor. Now, if my heroine was on heroin, that would be a buzz kill.

No one from Philly went on a public message board and posted that one of our players "was the first real player while playing in the NFL that Dallas had that was a true CRIMINAL."

You did, you got called on it, and now you are trying to deflect your team's wretched signing by attacking another city on completely different topics.

Nice try.

Again, you've been made to look like an idiot....time to quit while you are behind.

Once again glass house, none of those players you mentioned was ever a true criminal as in a history of problems and suspensions. Try to get that through your head this time. Now Reid's sons have shown a pattern and have been arrested more than once like PacMan.

If the law is not doing anything to Pacman why is the NFL? Was he drinking or not? If he wasn't then he should be able to play if he was he should go to jail. I think he should just go to jail ... and stay there.

IRVING, Texas -- Twice-suspended cornerback Adam "Pacman" Jones is off the hook with Georgia probation officers over his scuffle in Dallas. He's also off the radar of Cowboys coach Wade Phillips.

Fayette County District Attorney Scott Ballard said Wednesday there were no plans to revoke Jones' probation because he wasn't arrested after police responded to an alcohol-related scrum with his own bodyguard at an upscale Dallas hotel Oct. 7.

The latest disturbance -- the 13th for Jones involving police since Tennessee drafted him three years ago -- led to an indefinite suspension Tuesday by NFL commissioner Roger Goodell. Weeks earlier, Goodell lifted a 17-month ban over Jones' personal conduct.

Goodell will revisit Jones' latest suspension after four games, but Phillips didn't even want to discuss Wednesday the question of the troubled player's return.

"He's gone," Phillips said. "I'm not saying what's going to happen in the future because I don't know what's going to happen in the future or what is or isn't going to be done there. I've got to go with the players I have."

Jones was sentenced to three years probation for a run-in with police two years ago outside the family home of his pregnant girlfriend in Fayetteville, Ga. He also paid a $500 fine.

The plea agreement settled the last of Jones' pending criminal cases in February, two months before the Cowboys acquired him from the Titans during the draft.

Jones kept a higher profile than the Cowboys preferred but stayed away from trouble until someone called 911 to report a disturbance in the bathroom of a hotel lobby. Police showed up after the scuffle ended, and the bodyguard didn't want to press charges.

The bodyguard was part of a Cowboys-hired security detail to be with the player at all times. Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said that security is no longer being provided, though he didn't explain if it was because of the suspension or the scuffle that led to it.

Jerry Jones said he didn't suspend the cornerback because he didn't violate any terms of his deal with the team. But Goodell said Adam Jones again ran afoul of the NFL's personal conduct policy.

"We felt like he would be here, and that's not the case," Phillips said.

There weren't many Cowboys around to discuss Jones' ban Wednesday after several said last week they didn't think the incident would lead to a suspension.

Among those missing was Tank Johnson, who so far has been a successful reclamation project in Dallas after a series of run-ins with law enforcement led to a suspension by Goodell and his release by Chicago. He adamantly supported Jones last week.

The tone was more cautious among those in the locker room Wednesday.

"I wish him well," receiver Patrick Crayton said. "It's one of those things where you hope his opportunity and the door is not completely shut. I don't know if this is what it's going to take to open it, but I wish him well."