[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

PacMan out at least 4 Weeks

Kansas State 2000

Per nooffseason.com:

DAL: Pacman to enter rehab immediately

October 15, 2008 at 8:20PM

Adam Jones (CB)

10/15: SOurces close to Fanball.com are are reporting that beleaguered DB Adamones will enter drug and alcohol rehab effective immediately with the hope he can be reinstated in time to play for the Cowboys in their Thnksgiving matchup with the Seattle Seahawks on November 27th.

Link

He wants to play Thanksgiving, huh? I guess he feels the biggest turkey should be center stage.

The Cowboys really wouldn't consider bringing the nutjob back, would they?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Per nooffseason.com:

DAL: Pacman to enter rehab immediately

October 15, 2008 at 8:20PM

Adam Jones (CB)

10/15: SOurces close to Fanball.com are are reporting that beleaguered DB Adamones will enter drug and alcohol rehab effective immediately with the hope he can be reinstated in time to play for the Cowboys in their Thnksgiving matchup with the Seattle Seahawks on November 27th.

Link

He wants to play Thanksgiving, huh? I guess he feels the biggest turkey should be center stage.

The Cowboys really wouldn't consider bringing the nutjob back, would they?

I know it is Thanksgiving and all, but anybody really think Goodell will let him come back on one of the most watched games of the year? I don't think so.

Cowboys | A. Jones' time with team might be over

Thu, 16 Oct 2008 06:58:48 -0700

Mac Engel, of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, reports the general consensus is Dallas Cowboys CB Adam Jones' time with the team might be over, even if he is eventually reinstated by the NFL. Head coach Wade Phillips said, "We don't have him, and that's where we're going. I can't count on him coming back or us bringing him back or those other things. We've got to go forward with our team."

Whomp and Sarge, I am disappointed in both of you. Surely, you have to know that taking a risk and signing a criminal, and throwing all regard for "doing the right thing" out the window, is not morally the right way to run a business....don't you?

In sports signing or drafting people with a checkered past is not terribly uncommon. I see where you are coming from and it isnt a morally correct way to run a business but in business terms Jerry saw it as a chance to buy low on talent and roll the dice that he would keep his nose clean. I wont miss Pacman. If you go back to the early pacman posts my thoughts were consistent. I didnt want him on the team but also wasnt going to shed a tear if he was on the team because there is nothing i could do about it and we sorely needed help at the position. I am not sad to see the commish come down on him.

In sports signing or drafting people with a checkered past is not terribly uncommon. I see where you are coming from and it isnt a morally correct way to run a business but in business terms Jerry saw it as a chance to buy low on talent and roll the dice that he would keep his nose clean. I wont miss Pacman. If you go back to the early pacman posts my thoughts were consistent. I didnt want him on the team but also wasnt going to shed a tear if he was on the team because there is nothing i could do about it and we sorely needed help at the position. I am not sad to see the commish come down on him.

I hear ya, and I didn't mean to sound so condescending. My apologies.

But let me ask you:

You run a garment business in NYC, and your top salesman quits. You are in desperate shape, heading into the busiest time of the year. You find a guy who can do the job, a highly touted former salesman from another company. You run your background on him, though, and find he's a guy with a checkered criminal past....do you hire him?

For the same reasons your immediate answer was "no", this punk should have never been a Cowboy.

I hear ya, and I didn't mean to sound so condescending. My apologies.

But let me ask you:

You run a garment business in NYC, and your top salesman quits. You are in desperate shape, heading into the busiest time of the year. You find a guy who can do the job, a highly touted former salesman from another company. You run your background on him, though, and find he's a guy with a checkered criminal past....do you hire him?

For the same reasons your immediate answer was "no", this punk should have never been a Cowboy.

:wacko: Pacman would fit right in in the garment center. I hear what you are saying.