[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

89 yo woman takes the kids' football and goes home

The Irish Doggy

:wacko:link :D

Woman, 89, arrested for keeping football

By Jennifer Baker • jbaker@enquirer.com • October 20, 2008

BLUE ASH – An 89-year-old woman fed up with neighborhood children repeatedly throwing a football in her yard was arrested and charged with petty theft after she took the ball and refused to give it back, Blue Ash police said.

Advertisement

Edna Jester was cited to appear in Blue Ash Mayor’s Court Nov. 12, said Blue Ash Police Capt. James Schaffer.

Officers were called about 6:30 p.m. Thursday to her home in the 4900 block of Myrtle Avenue by one of the children’s fathers, Schaffer said.

The football apparently was thrown into Jester’s yard, and it wasn’t the first time, he said. The issue has been an ongoing dispute in the neighborhood, he said.

When police asked Jester to return the ball to the children, she refused. They warned her twice she would be charged if she did not cooperate, Schaffer said. They tried to give her a citation, but she refused to sign for it, he said.

Left with no other choice, he said, officers placed her in the back of a cruiser, took her to the police station and booked her, he said. She was cited to appear in court and released.

Jester could not be reached this morning for comment.

“She is certainly not considered a troublemaker,” Schaffer said.

If she wasn't before, I guarantee that she is marked now. If the kids in that neighborhood are anything like the kids that I grew up with, then she will be a continuous target of eggs, toilet paper, mud pies, and random excessive noise for the rest of her days there. I'm assuming she is well outnumbered... she may as well pack up and move on to Arizona or Florida.

I saw this on the local news last night. What a feisty old broad. Apparently, this isn't the first incident involving this certain next door neighbor and they have been feuding about noise and trespassing in her yard for years. Alittle advice for the old lady...good fences make great neighbors.

If she wasn't before, I guarantee that she is marked now. If the kids in that neighborhood are anything like the kids that I grew up with, then she will be a continuous target of eggs, toilet paper, mud pies, and random excessive noise for the rest of her days there. I'm assuming she is well outnumbered... she may as well pack up and move on to Arizona or Florida.

This is why I treat all the teenage kids in the neighborhood with the utmost respect. :wacko:

I remember when I was about 7 me and some friends used to play whiffle ball. We would constantly hit the ball over the fence into our neighbors yard. We had to go retrieve it a bunch of times everyday. The neighbor was an old grumpy man and if he saw the ball he would pick it up and take it away from us. He had a collection of about 100 probably.

Him and my parents got into it quite a bit over him not giving us the balls back but nothing worth calling the cops on.

Edited by Flip_Side