[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Forget the Polls, Forget the BCS

theeohiostate

We're gonna find out how good TCU is when they go to Utah. Beyond that, they've done nothing this year. They beat a BYU team that can't play defense. The only other team with a pulse they played was Oklahoma, and they got destroyed. Sorry but I'm not impressed with this mid major. They win at Utah, then we might be talking cuz Utah is a pretty good football team.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're gonna find out how good TCU is when they go to Utah. Beyond that, they've done nothing this year. They beat a BYU team that can't play defense. The only other team with a pulse they played was Oklahoma, and they got destroyed. Sorry but I'm not impressed with this mid major. They win at Utah, then we might be talking cuz Utah is a pretty good football team.

I think TCU is pretty good actually- and has a good shot at beating Utah - that D is legit.

Say what you want about BYU but BYU could take down many of the big boys that don't have the speed of TCU's defense - inculding some of those supposed juggernauts in the Big 12 like TT

they gave OKL a pretty good game- and holding OU to 35 is not too shabby............

I think TCU is pretty good actually- and has a good shot at beating Utah - that D is legit.

Say what you want about BYU but BYU could take down many of the big boys that don't have the speed of TCU's defense - inculding some of those supposed juggernauts in the Big 12 like TT

they gave OKL a pretty good game- and holding OU to 35 is not too shabby............

We'll see, like I said, TCU needs to actually beat someone with a pulse for me to believe the hype. A win over Utah, and I will change my tune.

I'm not saying TCU D is the best in the country but they certainly deserve some love. There D is only allowing like 11 pts a game and that's including the 35 that OU scored. And speaking of that OU game... TCU "held" the Sooners(50+ pts/game) to 35, something only Texas has duplicated so far this season, while committing 12 penalties as a team and sporting a whopping -4 turnover differential. They also held BYU, 40 pts/game to 7.

Not sure they have to beat anyone to prove they have a very good defense but showing well against Utah would certainly help to legitimize the perception that they are just that. But then again, there's not a win on Utah's schedule that would lead me to believe they are any better than TCU.

I'm not saying TCU D is the best in the country but they certainly deserve some love. There D is only allowing like 11 pts a game and that's including the 35 that OU scored. And speaking of that OU game... TCU "held" the Sooners(50+ pts/game) to 35, something only Texas has duplicated so far this season, while committing 12 penalties as a team and sporting a whopping -4 turnover differential. They also held BYU, 40 pts/game to 7.

Not sure they have to beat anyone to prove they have a very good defense but showing well against Utah would certainly help to legitimize the perception that they are just that. But then again, there's not a win on Utah's schedule that would lead me to believe they are any better than TCU.

I would agree with that, however I do feel TCU needs to legitimize this notion that they are just as good as the big boys from the BCS conferences. They've played one really good one so far and got thumped pretty easily.

I would agree with that, however I do feel TCU needs to legitimize this notion that they are just as good as the big boys from the BCS conferences. They've played one really good one so far and got thumped pretty easily.

Not sure who is saying that they're as good a team as the big boys in the BCS, I'm certainly not, but when comparing them defensively the numbers say they are. Again... defensively.

If Texas wins out, I want Bama to also win out. - Texas will kick the ever livin sh*t out of sabans boys

Penn St will get utterly destroyed by SC in the Riose Bowl

And I hope OU gets GA. What then will SEC fans say when 2 of their top 3 teams, get humilated by 2 of the top 3 from the Big 12.

I actually like FLA, mainly because of their fans and that QB is a class act all the way, like Colt McCoy from Texas. Couldnt be happier these two are so strong in their faith, they put it first for everyone to see. As much as I dislike TEXAS, OUR TEXAS, OH HAIL THE MIGHTY STATE, TEXAS OUR TEXAS, SO WONDERFUL AND GREAT..., Im rooting for that kid in Austin.

No way Texas beats Bama. The difference is defense. Bama has it. Texas doesn't.

Carry on.

1)Texas

2)Florida

3)USC

4)OU

5)PSU

1- Florida

2- Texas

3- Tech

4- OU

5- SC

Bama just has not impressed me enough to put them over these 5 and they will below 3/4 of them when it is all done.

Biggest games left:

Tech @ OU

OU vs. OSU

Fl vs. Fl St.

SEC Championship

SC vs. ND

What else matters?

1- Florida

2- Texas

3- Tech

4- OU

5- SC

Bama just has not impressed me enough to put them over these 5 and they will below 3/4 of them when it is all done.

Biggest games left:

Tech @ OU

OU vs. OSU

Fl vs. Fl St.

SEC Championship

SC vs. ND

What else matters?

The SEC Championship will definitely be Florida v Alabama. Both have now clinched their respective divisions.

1. USC

2. Florida

3. Alabama

4. Oklahoma

5. Texas Tech

Brain, I realize this is all for fun but can you explain your thoughts on ranking OU @ 4 and not Texas. Since Texas won on a neutral field H2H , I'm wondering why people would rank them ahead. Texas does have the better defense and their offense is just as potent.

Brain, I realize this is all for fun but can you explain your thoughts on ranking OU @ 4 and not Texas. Since Texas won on a neutral field H2H , I'm wondering why people would rank them ahead. Texas does have the better defense and their offense is just as potent.

Well I'm partly taking into consideration that I think Oklahoma will beat Texas Tech, in which that win would trump the Texas win over OU. So it's partly a futures ranking. PLUS, this is supposed to be a ranking of the teams as we see them, not taking into acct the BCS or other polls. If I were VOTING in the AP or Coaches Poll....

1. Alabama

2. Texas Tech

3. Texas

4. Southern California

5. Florida

No BCS

1. Florida

2. USC

3. Texas

4. Texas Tech

5. Alabama

Voting as BCS

1. Texas Tech

2. Alabama

3. Florida

4. Texas

5. USC

pretty close to mine

best teams

Florida

USC

Texas

Alabama

Oklahoma - think they beatdown Tech at home

BCS

Tech

Bama

Florida

Texas

USC

best teams

Florida

USC

Texas

Alabama

Oklahoma - think they beatdown Tech at home

:wacko: Just curious what Tech has to do to actually get some respect from some people. First they were going to get beat by UT.......they seriously outplayed them the first half and came back late to get the win. Then the OSU offense was going to be too much for them......they scored at will and demolished them. Now OU is going to beat them down at home. It will be a good game, but I have a feeling that even if they do win, they still will not be looked at as one of the best teams in the nation by a lot of folks.

:wacko: Just curious what Tech has to do to actually get some respect from some people. First they were going to get beat by UT.......they seriously outplayed them the first half and came back late to get the win. Then the OSU offense was going to be too much for them......they scored at will and demolished them. Now OU is going to beat them down at home. It will be a good game, but I have a feeling that even if they do win, they still will not be looked at as one of the best teams in the nation by a lot of folks.

+1. I cannot stand Tech and I hate saying this. But they are the real deal. I'm very worried that they walk into Norman in 2 weeks and take care of business. OU's defense seems to be playing better. Losing Reynolds hurt. But Box seems to be catching on. Tech will be the ultimate challenge. Their offense is sick.

My biggest worry is OU's special teams. It's atrocious. They work on it and work on it but it's not progressing. Leach will have some schemes to expose it.

read my post- I think they are in the NC game as of now in the BCS and have them #1, whatya want? - they did beat UT at home - I give them props- but on a neutral field I think UT is better. I think OU will take them out in Norman- I could be wrong, but we will see.

Great season fo sho - but not sure how a 1 dimensional offense would fare against a top flight D.......

USC would pin their ears back and have NFL CB's and Mays back to defend the passing game - USC's offense has been lackluster tho.......

Not sure where this is coming from. I dont think anyone but me has said Tech will get beat by anyone, and I thought they would beat both Texas and Okie St. I do not see Tech going into Norman and beating Stoops boys. OU is 60-2 at home in the Stoops era. So they dont lose there often. Factor in the crowd and a night game, and it will be a difficult task. Tech got bothof its tests so far at home, vs Texas and Okie St. OU in Norman is a whole nother animal.

Im so sick of hearing people complain about being #2. Id be thrilled just to get to the NC game, if my team won out. Then they can win that game, and there is no doubt who is #1. Besides, wouldnt you rather your team be theunder dog, and the other team over looking you. Blows my mind how insecure my buddies from Tech are. Sorry Zia, just heard this song and dance for 2 weeks now, and I havent heard anyone take anything away from Tech. Its hard to jump from 7 to 1, and 7 to 2 over Penn St showed alot of respect to me.