[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Texas' Last Challenge

Perchoutofwater

This weekend Texas faces their last legitimate challenge in Texas Tech. Sure if they beat Tech they still have the Big 12 championship, but the North as usuall is weak, and we've already watched Texas dismantle Mizzou. I'm a Texas fan, and I have to admit Texas Tech scares the crap out of me. I've alway felt that Tech can beat anyone in the country if they have a good day at QB. The weakness of the Texas D is the secondary, and the strength of the Texas Tech O is the recieving corps and Qb. I'm really looking forward to wathcing this one.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This weekend Texas faces their last legitimate challenge in Texas Tech. Sure if they beat Tech they still have the Big 12 championship, but the North as usuall is weak, and we've already watched Texas dismantle Mizzou. I'm a Texas fan, and I have to admit Texas Tech scares the crap out of me. I've alway felt that Tech can beat anyone in the country if they have a good day at QB. The weakness of the Texas D is the secondary, and the strength of the Texas Tech O is the recieving corps and Qb. I'm really looking forward to wathcing this one.

Me too....should be an exciting game.

Go Tech.

:wacko: We Are......Penn State

Nervous time here in Austin. Yes, the Red Gheyder offense is a force to be reckoned with but here's a stat that jumps out at me: prior to their game in Austin, Mizzou had only allowed three sacks on the season (one of which was technically intentional grounding). That Saturday, QB Chase Daniel was sacked twice. The Red Gheyders have given up 3 sacks in their 8 games. :wacko: Now, if UT's rush can get to Graham Harrell a few times - even if they don't sack him - and put pressure on him to throw the ball quicker than he normally does (and he gets rid of it fast), then there's a chance we disrupt the Tech offense enough to make a difference. Another big thing is tackling in the secondary. Can't let a 7 yard gain turn into a 27 yard gain. Tech's gonna score points, there's no denying that. Just can't let it happen in bunches.

UT is going to score on Tech's "defense". I don't care if they've "improved". Lipstick on a pig.

45-37 UT wins it...

The thing about Techs offense is it sometimes literally seems that they can turn it on when they want to. Problem is, against a team like Texas if you don't start out fast out of the gate, you can be playing catch-up. Not that the Red Raiders can't score a lot of points quick, but that is not the game I want to have to see them go to. I think a lot of people are looking at Tech as a gimmick offense, that can't hang with the big boys. But its not just Crabtree and Harrell that fuel this offense. The other WRs are good enough to make the big plays when needed too. I am hoping for a great game Saturday, but of course I want my Red Raiders to pull it out.

The good thing for Tech is they too control their own destiny. If they can find a way to beat Texas and OU, then they have to be taken seriously as a BCS Championship contender, IMO.

What is this "We Are" sh*t. Are you f0ckers, now trying to steal Marshalls chant.

I suggest you do some research........... :wacko:

:D

We Are Penn State started in the 40's

We Are Marshall started in the 80's

Sgt. Ryan has been consistently incorrect since birth

Edited by Menudo

I suggest you do some research........... :wacko:

We Are Penn State started in the 40's

We Are Marshall started in the 80's

Sgt. Ryan has been consistently incorrect since birth

Now, now, let's not let facts get in the way of venom spewed at a Big 10 team.

The good thing for Tech is they too control their own destiny. If they can find a way to beat Texas and OU, then they have to be taken seriously as a BCS Championship contender, IMO.

Should Texas Tech win out they are probably in however things could get interesting should Bama and Penn State win out as well. In that scenerio I see Bama getting the nod and a tight race between Tech and Penn State considering the Nittany Lions would more than likely be ahead in the human polls while Tech would be ahead in the computer rankings.

Wouldn't worry too much about Bama since they will get destoyed by LSU next weekend. :wacko:

LOL @ the Red Gheyder fans hanging out at the ESPN set chanting "overrated" when Herbstreit is talking about the FLA-UGA game. :D

Guns up? :wacko:

After 2 Alamo Bowls in which my Hawks faced Tech, I can safely say they have the most annoying group of fans overall in general. Every team has their share of annoying fans, but just based on my small sampling of many different fans, Tech takes the cake.

Off to a local watering hole - by the stadium - to watch the game with a few UT alums and few TT alums. Should be a wild ride. Yeah, the Reds are better than they usually are, yeah they're 8-0, yeah they're at home... all things I don't think will matter one bit. Blowout UT. :wacko:

Edit: :D

Edited by darin3

Impressive start by TT. Only 16 total yards for the Texas offense so far.

They have McCoy shook up right now, and Harrell looks incredible.

I still predict that Texas gets themselves back in this game and it ends up close.

As a PSU fan, I say go Texas Tech, but, don't beat them too bad............ :wacko:

They have McCoy shook up right now, and Harrell looks incredible.

I still predict that Texas gets themselves back in this game and it ends up close.

As a PSU fan, I say go Texas Tech, but, don't beat them too bad............ :wacko:

Yep, if I were a TT fan, I wouldn't be comfortable unless they had a 30+ point lead. That 3 before the half and getting the ball back in the 2nd half could change the mo. Man, I am totally impressed the way TT came out flying. The big question is can they keep up that kind of intensity?

Have to be a little skeptical on an official throwing a flag for a block in the back on a return TD, then being talked out it.

Tech had the game in hand until that questionable call.

Poorly called game all around. TT left tackle is holding on every single play, but has yet to be called.

Poorly called game all around. TT left tackle is holding on every single play, but has yet to be called.

werd - TOs mind-numbing weekly criticism of officiating aside- this was my first thought

the way Tech throws every down dem big fat white boys gotta be holding at some point don't they?

McCoy is a nice little QB- but he is way overrated IMO - surprised at how poor of pocket presence he has and how long he holds onto the damn ball

Yeah and UT's only TD was on a punt return and you know as well as me that was a block in the back replay clearly showed it.

And I guess OU got beat because the whorns were holding on almost every play as well.

werd - TOs mind-numbing weekly criticism of officiating aside- this was my first thought

the way Tech throws every down dem big fat white boys gotta be holding at some point don't they?

McCoy is a nice little QB- but he is way overrated IMO - surprised at how poor of pocket presence he has and how long he holds onto the damn ball

One of the reasons he is holding on to the ball for so long is that he has no one to throw to. TT is completely covering his recievers.