[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

College Bball

Timmypg

Normally I would agree since Duke doesn't have the top level talent that some other teams do. This year I have a really good feeling about them though. I think they will be strong all season and finish even better. I don't remember the freshmens name they got but he is a true big man so that should allow Singler to roam on the perimeter a little bit more which is his strength. Gerald Henderson should have a breakout year and Paulus is a solid PG no matter how many people hate him.

u dont wanna mess with the rhody rams!!!....jimmy baron jr is a poor mans jj....no such thing as too deep for jimmy!!

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Texas looked pretty good in taking care of the undermatched Stetson squad Friday night. Abrams looked solid and Atchley looked good too. Totally forgot about that dude. He's one of those typical fly-under-the-radar big guys that are solid passers and can shoot the long-ish range jumper. UT's 9-2 in season openers under Rick Barnes. Good start!

The Pac-10 last week was :wacko: ugly:

UCLA beats Prairie View, by a less than impressive 24, then almost loses at home to Miami (OH). Oregon St. loses @ Howard. Oregon wins by 2 vs. N. Colorado.on Friday, loses Monday night to Oakland University at home. Washington loses @ Portland.

Normally I would agree since Duke doesn't have the top level talent that some other teams do. This year I have a really good feeling about them though. I think they will be strong all season and finish even better. I don't remember the freshmens name they got but he is a true big man so that should allow Singler to roam on the perimeter a little bit more which is his strength. Gerald Henderson should have a breakout year and Paulus is a solid PG no matter how many people hate him.

Miles Plumlee

# 21

Forward - F

Height: 6-10 Weight: 230

Freshman

I hope for his sake that he a "true big man" 'cause if you're tall, coach K will try to make you a power forward or center regardless of whether you have that kind of game or not. See Shavlik Randolph. Dude was a local HS celebrity who could fill it from all over the court. He gets to Duke and they try to make him an enforcer. Only he sucked at being an enforcer. Next thing you know, he's fouling out every other game.

Giving coach K the benefit of the doubt, I thought it was hilarious that the kid declared early for the draft. I mean, if he had any game at all, you'd think K would let him play. So, how's this kid going to have any luck at the next level? Thing is, dude found a team and he's still in the league like 4 years later. Now dude is nothing more than a journeyman but he was flat-out horrible at Duke.

Watching Washington play Kansas last night was really frustrating, as the Huskies can do everything but shoot the basketball.

or, maybe that Kansas has much more talent and is better across the board at every position on the floor?

KU looked good- Aldrich is legit

UW looked like a middle of the road Pac 10 team that can and should get much better as the year goes on

The shooting pct. will improve. You expect those struggles early on especially with a team that was contesting every shot the way Kansas was. It gets in your head and your shooting percentage suffers. You had to love their tenacity and activity on the boards though. I think this team finishes 5th in the Pac-10 this year behind UCLA, ASU, Arizona and USC.

The shooting pct. will improve. You expect those struggles early on especially with a team that was contesting every shot the way Kansas was. It gets in your head and your shooting percentage suffers. You had to love their tenacity and activity on the boards though. I think this team finishes 5th in the Pac-10 this year behind UCLA, ASU, Arizona and USC.

werd KU contests everything. I think UCLA will be the team to beat again, and I think ASU is the #2

USC/UA/UW/UO - not much separating these 4 IMO

or, maybe that Kansas has much more talent and is better across the board at every position on the floor?

27% from inside the arc. 56% from the line.

The Huskies were athletic enough to stick with a team like Kansas, they just can't shoot the basketball. Overall, I was pleased with the effort and the look of the squad, I just can't believe a division 1 basketball program can be so terrible at making a basket.

With some time under his belt, Isaiah Thomas is going to be really fun to watch.

Getting ready to watch Heels v. Oregon...

I'm sure you PAC-10 geeks have something to say on the matter?

Hopefully more than Oregon had to say on the matter...

I only caught a bit of the game, 'cause I was dead tired and turned in early, but the Davis kid looks good and Danny Green looks like he wants to elevate his game this year. On the other hand, maybe it was just while I was watching, but Lawson looked pretty damned sloppy.

My 'Cuse look half way decent so far. Went into Kansas and beat Florida and Kansas on back to back nights.

Jimmy B. went to man ta' man in the 2nd half and got Kansas a little flustered. Big man missed freethrow for Kansas at the end of regulation giving J. Flynn a chance to put it into OT.

Can't wait for BIG EAST play, every night is going to feel like March

My 'Cuse look half way decent so far. Went into Kansas and beat Florida and Kansas on back to back nights.

Jimmy B. went to man ta' man in the 2nd half and got Kansas a little flustered. Big man missed freethrow for Kansas at the end of regulation giving J. Flynn a chance to put it into OT.

Can't wait for BIG EAST play, every night is going to feel like March

werd - da Orange are goin to be tough - getting Devendorf back is nice bonus and with Flynn and Harris - they are loaded

The Big East is the best conference in America and it is not even close, but chit they should be, what do they have 20 teams?

Ahem. The UCONN Huskies haven't gotten any pub on this thread yet. I feel honor bound to bring forth their banner. I would feel exceptionally good about their chances to bring home the Big East Championship if Louisville wasn't so damn good. Early looks at them in the Paradise Jam shows me that this isn't the same team as last year. You know, the one that just never lived up to expectations? This team most defintely is for real, especially now that Thabeet seems to be able to score. He still pulls the ball down low too often for my tastes but he's looking far more confident with the ball in his hands.

I'm very much looking forward to this season.

Ahem. The UCONN Huskies haven't gotten any pub on this thread yet. I feel honor bound to bring forth their banner. I would feel exceptionally good about their chances to bring home the Big East Championship if Louisville wasn't so damn good. Early looks at them in the Paradise Jam shows me that this isn't the same team as last year. You know, the one that just never lived up to expectations? This team most defintely is for real, especially now that Thabeet seems to be able to score. He still pulls the ball down low too often for my tastes but he's looking far more confident with the ball in his hands.

I'm very much looking forward to this season.

I'm looking forward to seeing UConn vs. Gonzaga in Seattle in a few weeks. The Zags look as legit as they have since pre-Morrison.

Edited by godtomsatan

How good does Duke look right now? I didn't expect much from this team but so far they are rebounding very well and Smith is just better then Paulus. I think they can make a legit run at the title.

I must admit, Dook did look sharp the other night. If Mike can get productive minutes out of Zoubek and McClure, he's got a well rounded team. No superstars, but they're tough, physical, and can shoot the ball.