[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

College Bball

Timmypg

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys are #1 until somebody beats you.

And that's going to take a very, very good team playing very, very good ball and, quite possibly, on a night when we're not. UNC looks crazy good and without their best defensive stopper. Once they're able to neutralize the other team's best scorer, like Ginyard will be able to help them do, it could start getting ugly for teams.

Thing is, UNC is going to prove to be nearly impossible to game plan. Hansbrough has picked up exactly where he left off. Deon Thompson would likely be the premier post player on any but maybe a half dozen teams, the kid Davis looks to be for real.

And speaking of for real, Green has obviously raised his game, Drew II is crazy good as far as back up points go...

Lawson, Ellington?

They're just going to wear teams down going 10 deep with guys who could likely start for almost any team.

None the less, if they don't finish the season on a 6 game win-streak...

UNC is yer 2009 NCAA Champs - Book It

barring a couple major injuries - no one is beating these guys. They are light years ahead of any other team

the only teams that can run and play with them: Duke, Memphis, Tenn, Gonzaga and Pit - Wake is gonna be great but too young

:wacko: congrats Billay

barring a couple major injuries - no one is beating these guys. They are light years ahead of any other team

the only teams that can run and play with them: Duke, Memphis, Tenn, Gonzaga and Pit - Wake is gonna be great but too young

It's true, they looked pretty awesome last night, but a season is long and lots can happen. There will be chemistry issues when Ginyard comes back, and the Freshmen lose some stamina as the season goes along. Ultimately, the key to this squad is shooting the ball well. If we can hit 6+ three's a game, we are going to be very, very hard to beat. Hopefully, regardless of how well we play offensively, the defensive effort will be there night in and night out. Some teams will find a way to stop our transition offense, and others will try and run with us (maybe successfully). After 3 years of playing together, this is a mature basketball team that knows how to win. Now they just need to go out and do it.

UCONN :D

One big east team in here? C;mon, they are stacked. Born in Syracuse and a hardcore fan, but my little girl goes to Carolina so I have to root for the new home team too. UNC is obviously the best team in the country by far, but there are a handful of big east teams including SU that could make a run this year.

One big east team in here? C;mon, they are stacked. Born in Syracuse and a hardcore fan, but my little girl goes to Carolina so I have to root for the new home team too. UNC is obviously the best team in the country by far, but there are a handful of big east teams including SU that could make a run this year.

fair enough- I missed out on UCONN - I agree, the Big East is loaded this year, but how many teams in the conference have a legit shot at cutting down the nets? I say Pitt and UCONN- maybe Louisville bc of Pitino - the others are good but not quite there IMO

fair enough- I missed out on UCONN - I agree, the Big East is loaded this year, but how many teams in the conference have a legit shot at cutting down the nets? I say Pitt and UCONN- maybe Louisville bc of Pitino - the others are good but not quite there IMO

UCONN, but the tarheels should win it all. They'll roll the ACC. Of course, we know how college hoops go...one game in March...

That's just his West Coast bias talking. He doesn't mean anything by it. :wacko:

Big 10 looking deeper then I would have thought coming into the season.

Nice wins yesterday by Michigan over Duke and OSU over ND.

The Bucks still undefeated with back to back wins against #21 Miami and #7 ND.

Purdue and Michigan St haven't impressed me, and I wouldn't be surprised if the Big 10 winner came from a preseason 4 or below team.

Purdue and Michigan St haven't impressed me, and I wouldn't be surprised if the Big 10 winner came from a preseason 4 or below team.

Hang it up dude, Big 10 is NOT a factor this year.

Hang it up dude, Big 10 is NOT a factor this year.

Re-read my post mate. Did you see me mention anything about them being a factor, or did I just say they were deeper then I'd expected ? There appear to be some surprise squads within the division, nothing stated about National dominance here.

There could be some teams on the rise in the Big 10 though when 2 unranked teams start upsetting high ranked teams. Michigan has beaten 2 consecutive #4 teams in UCLA and DUKE in the last 2 weeks, while the Bucks have beat a #7 and #21.

Edited by theeohiostate

They haven't been impressive but I think Izzo will get that team going eventually.

What do you say, a bottle of wine?

UConn v UNC straight up.

Whomever goes furthest in the Big Dance. I'm open to using records as a tie break if they both go out in the same round but honestly think that would be a bit cheesy. Both these teams have one goal this year and that's cutting down the nets. Let me know how you want to handle that.

Because I pay wholesale, assume that you're getting a "nicer" bottle from me if I lose than I am from you if I win. It's only fair. Guessing about $30-$50 out of pocket cost to the loser and he gets to choose.

Let's assume that we're talking about a cool bottle and leave it at that.

UConn v UNC straight up.

Whomever goes furthest in the Big Dance. I'm open to using records as a tie break if they both go out in the same round but honestly think that would be a bit cheesy. Both these teams have one goal this year and that's cutting down the nets. Let me know how you want to handle that.

Because I pay wholesale, assume that you're getting a "nicer" bottle from me if I lose than I am from you if I win. It's only fair. Guessing about $30-$50 out of pocket cost to the loser and he gets to choose.

Let's assume that we're talking about a cool bottle and leave it at that.

Opus 1?

:wacko:

Opus 1?

:D

I said something cool, not something that costs a ton but is routinely out-classed by wines that cost 1/3 the price. Don't get me wrong, I taste it every time I get a chance, when it's at a show or on someone else's tab. :wacko:

I said something cool, not something that costs a ton but is routinely out-classed by wines that cost 1/3 the price. Don't get me wrong, I taste it every time I get a chance, when it's at a show or on someone else's tab. :wacko:

Exactly what I thought you would say! :D

I've actually never tried the stuff...

Edited by KSUChiefsTarheelFan

Re-read my post mate. Did you see me mention anything about them being a factor, or did I just say they were deeper then I'd expected ? There appear to be some surprise squads within the division, nothing stated about National dominance here.

There could be some teams on the rise in the Big 10 though when 2 unranked teams start upsetting high ranked teams. Michigan has beaten 2 consecutive #4 teams in UCLA and DUKE in the last 2 weeks, while the Bucks have beat a #7 and #21.

Fair enough. Those were big wins for UM. The B10 will get some quality wins but the ACC and Big East will dominate this year, and of course beat the hell out of each other during the conference schedule, especially in the Big East. Can't see UNC losing more than a couple road games this year. Bottom line, all bets are off in March.