[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Do I Dare Start Torian over Addai?

BearcatTom

My RBs suck. My fault. Now I'm trying to deal with it the best I can.

I have Addai, McGahee, Faulk, and Taylor

I'm going to drop Taylor and pick up Torian. Do I start him this week?

Addai faces Pitts which shut down Portis.

McGahee has a great match up, but will he play, and if so, how much? rolled the dice this week and got 0 pts

Faulk vs Buff - He is getting touches while the others are out, but will either come back this week? If so, does he still produce?

Torian vs Clev - Decent match up, but is only his 2nd game, and Den sucks. Will the FB get touches again this week?

This all sucks really bad. I could have a couple good performers, or 4 guys that score 0. I'm leaning towards Torian and Faulk. Faulk as he gets pts every week, and Torian, because I just don't like Addai's matchup. Am I crazy?

"Broncos coach Mike Shanahan admitted it was possible that Ryan Torain could carry the ball 20 times against the Browns Thursday night." I think he's in for a big night Thur. I see no reason not to start him against Cleveland (28th against the run). Even over Addai. But it's hard to bench your first or second round picks any week. If it was me I would put in Torain.....

"Broncos coach Mike Shanahan admitted it was possible that Ryan Torain could carry the ball 20 times against the Browns Thursday night." I think he's in for a big night Thur. I see no reason not to start him against Cleveland (28th against the run). Even over Addai. But it's hard to bench your first or second round picks any week. If it was me I would put in Torain.....

Torian has to show me he isn't just another Denver in a RB by Committee situation. I'd start Addai every time until Torian has a big game.

Torian has to show me he isn't just another Denver in a RB by Committee situation. I'd start Addai every time until Torian has a big game.

you want that big game in your lineup not on your bench. is he really gonna have a better matchup especially now that there's no other denver rb's to get in the way? this is prime for a big game. its risky, but the scenario is there. i'm in the same situation and addai pisses me off. im still thinking but i might go torain

you want that big game in your lineup not on your bench. is he really gonna have a better matchup especially now that there's no other denver rb's to get in the way? this is prime for a big game. its risky, but the scenario is there. i'm in the same situation and addai pisses me off. im still thinking but i might go torain

Do we know the status of Selvin Young? If Young is healthy (and playing), could see a pretty even split with the 2 RB's......if Young is OUT, and Torain is named the starter, agreed, think he has tremendous upside (and I will most likely roll the dice with him and leave Grant on my bench this week)...

good luck!!

I am in the exact same situation with Torain/Addai, and I am sitting Addai. While I am not expecting a hugh game from Torain, I expect even less from Addai. My other option is Graham, who is on a bye. So, with Young being limited in practice Tuesday (see below), I'm gonna roll with Torain and hope for the best.

Per The Sporting News:

Selvin Young Updates

Nov. 5, 2008 - 9:47 a.m.

The Rocky Mountain News reports the Broncos "tried to get Selvin Young back into the mix in Tuesday's practice."

Fantasy spin: The other local papers provided no updates on Young's status in trying to return from his groin injury on a short week. Be sure to check back later for Wednesday's practice reports. If Young has trouble practicing, Ryan Torain could be in line for a full load of carries Thursday.

Source: Rocky Mountain News

Per KFFL:

Broncos | Young limited during practice Tuesday

Tue, 04 Nov 2008 18:22:31 -0500

Denver Broncos RB Selvin Young (groin) was limited during practice Tuesday, Nov. 4. He does not appear to be fully healthy at this time. The Broncos are hoping he will be able to play in team's Week 10 game.

Do we know the status of Selvin Young? If Young is healthy (and playing), could see a pretty even split with the 2 RB's......if Young is OUT, and Torain is named the starter, agreed, think he has tremendous upside (and I will most likely roll the dice with him and leave Grant on my bench this week)...

good luck!!

Young is still having issues with the hammy and could not fully practice on Tuesday. Torain is a prime candidate to get some serious numbers.

THanks guys. Great input. I'd like to start McGahee, but who know if he will play or what the split in carries will be. They would have to be complete idiots to not play Rice after the last 2 weeks.

I think Harbough is leaning towards starting Rice this week after the last performaces.