[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Huddle Field Trip

The Irish Doggy

This just came to my attention... England needs us.

I call Kate Winslet.

LONDON, England (AP) -- The British Fertility Society is warning that the UK is facing a shortage of men willing to donate their sperm.

Fertility clinics are struggling to recruit donors, have long waiting lists and high costs. In some parts of the country, there are no clinics at all.

The warning comes Wednesday in the British Medical Journal from Mark Hamilton and Allan Pacey, members of the fertility society's board of directors.

They say that part of the problem is that Britain banned anonymous sperm donation in 2005.

Children who were born to a donor can now trace their biological parents once they are 18.

About 4,000 women a year need donor sperm to become pregnant. In 2006, only 307 men registered to become donors.

About 4,000 women a year need donor sperm to become pregnant. In 2006, only 307 men registered to become donors.

we talkin some fugly wenches here or what :wacko:

4000 women ? one guy can take care of that with one deposit in the bank ...Billions or Mark Phelps just waiting

It's Britain, dude.

And I wouldn't donate my little dudes if in 18 years some kid was going to come hunt me down looking for fatherly advice.

I remember when I did that and my Dad opened the door and he just randomly threw water all over me and said that was about all conception was to him. He was joking, of course, and threw the football with me. First time he threw it really, really far down the street and then ran inside and locked all the doors and windows and never answered my knocks. He did give me one piece of fatherly advice before. He asked why I was here. I told him it's a mixed up crazy universe and nobody really knows why they end up anywhere and he just repeated the question with a balled-up fist. That's okay...I know he loved me.