[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who watches the Watchmen?

Chavez

The trailer for Watchmen is out....and it looks f'in AWESOME. Though I don't know that Zack Snyder needed to do any speed-ramping in this one.

Anyone else stoked for this movie? Snyder seems to be a comic geek, the look is right, and it sounds like they got the essence of the story correct. Promising.

EDIT - had the wrong Za©k as director.

Edited by Chavez

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought the graphic novel for my FIL, planning to give it to him for X-mas. I want to read it SOOOOO bad but don't want to break the binding and make it look like a second hand gift. So, as soon as he's done with it I'll read it. Looks sweet.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I bought the graphic novel for my FIL, planning to give it to him for X-mas. I want to read it SOOOOO bad but don't want to break the binding and make it look like a second hand gift. So, as soon as he's done with it I'll read it. Looks sweet.

i just finished reading it. i was interested in the movie, but i knew they'd probably cut a lot of the story out, so i wanted to read it first. liked it a lot. surprisingly, my wife really enjoyed it, too.

• 2 weeks later...
That might be the most ridiculous thing I,ve ever seen.

ANd by ridiculous I mean the mostest coolest thing I might have ever processed with my own two eyes.

Keene Act inomercial.

I love the shot of Rorschach at 1:40. Tell me they weren't going for the Patterson Bigfoot film shot. :wacko:

Keene Act inomercial.

I love the shot of Rorschach at 1:40. Tell me they weren't going for the Patterson Bigfoot film shot. :wacko:

This is great but not as good as the first. I really peed my pants at all the fake video rainbows and tracking static from that TV piece. That one nailed 1970, I don't think this quit 'nailed' 1977 in the same way...shoulda been Hanna Barbera type animation. But whatever, it's frickin great.

I guess I missed out on the whole Watchmen thing. I remember hearing references to it years ago. I was a Marvel comics guy but this was DC right?

It was published by DC; if you had to connect it to any comic company in particular, it essentially riffs on the old Charlton comics characters...

...although I never realized the Comedian was supposed to be Peacemaker until that article.

I guess I missed out on the whole Watchmen thing. I remember hearing references to it years ago. I was a Marvel comics guy but this was DC right?

The graphic novel is a good read. Very ground breaking(for comics) how scenes repeat and almost every panel has some story telling element.

Edited by WaterMan

Just finished reading the book yesterday, and although I wasn't as blown through the back wall as many (truth is I had some problems with the ending), if the special effects are as good as I'm expecting this movie could be the greatest eye candy of all time.

Just finished reading the book yesterday, and although I wasn't as blown through the back wall as many (truth is I had some problems with the ending), if the special effects are as good as I'm expecting this movie could be the greatest eye candy of all time.

I don't know how it will hold up, but it came out awhile ago. We'll see what the movie ends up doing with the story. It'll be interesting to see if it changes anything or not.

I don't know how it will hold up, but it came out awhile ago. We'll see what the movie ends up doing with the story. It'll be interesting to see if it changes anything or not.

They have changed a part of the story, and the geek boys are having a big flap about it.

They took out the giant alien squid at the end, and made it something else a bit more "realistic"

• 3 weeks later...