[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cajun Vampires and Were-spaniels

cre8tiff

three weeks away!

The following SPOILER is about the BOOKS!

I'm on book six, so you've been warned if you're waiting for the TV show to unfold.

So in, I think, book four, Sookie found another telepath... the bell-boy in the Dallas hotel. When she was trapped in the Fellowship's basement, she actuall sent a telepathic message to him miles away to call for help. They had a full dialog even tho, at 18 yo, he had the skill that she did when she was 12yo.

ok, cool.

She can't read vamps or weres regularly. She'll get emotions and a few words randomly, expect when they think a thought directly at her.

neat.

How come she isn't actually trying to develop her skill?

I respect the author's self-control to not quickly make her into a superhero, but come on. After mind reading comes directing messages to another's mind. At first, the message would be pretty obvious, but eventually, she could send messages subliminatlly to convince people to do her bidding.

She should already be on her way to being to "glamour" people like vamps can. Don't ya think?

There's no way that the TV show goes six seasons before she develops "powers".

What I'm getting at is, in "Definitely Dead", she walks into a werewolf bar with Quinn, the weretiger -- why aren't weretigers more powerful? -- and there's a spell on the building that actually holds her back. The spell is just attacking her mind. Why can't she just overcome it since it was designed for standard humans? That's where I'm at right now in the books.

Are the books good?

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

three weeks away!

Great... I guess I shouldn't have told my wife that I cancelled HBO today, then. Oh well, we'll just have to wait and watch it on DVD when it comes out, like we do Dexter. I actually prefer to watch TV shows by the season now... things seem to flow more smoothly, and you don't forget anything from the previous episode. Nothing like burning through an entire season of a show in a weekend... I'm working through the first season of Friday Night Lights right now. :wacko:

• 4 weeks later...

watched the first couple episodes of season one on bluray this weekend, and I have to say it's kinda weak to me. just trying way too hard to be hip and edgy. some interesting storylines though, I'll probably keep the discs for the rest of the season coming. and anna pacquin is pretty damn cute.

Why's that?

I'm not sure I like how Eric is being protrayed last night. Sure, he's a vicious killer, but that dungeon seems more evil than top-of-food-chain-predator. I can see them wanting to exract info from the guy that killed the other vamps, but Lafayette didn't do anything wrong. Sure, he sells vamp blood, but he gets it from willing vamps. Unless they think he killed the "red stapler guy from Office Space"?

I am glad that they seem to be developing Sam's character sooner than book eight.

I like the books better. I read the first 8 books in about a week. I'd like to get Dead and Gone, but will wait until it comes out in paper back. Still, I like the HBO series as well.

I saw episode 1 of Season 2 on demand last night because I worked Sunday. I liked it. It didnt blow me away but it was a solid start. I havent read the books so any predictions/comments I make are pure speculation on my part.

I think Mary Ann killed the fake exorsist woman

I think Jason will end up having sex with the preachers wife

Jason and Sookie will have conflict the deeper he falls into that church because of their staunch anti vamp stance

This was part of the sneak preview of next weeks episode . Lafayette asks Eric to make him a vampire. I can see that happening and I can see him as a vampire being an awesome character.

I wonder if all Sam did was rob Mary ann. Is that why she is that mad at him ?

I think it was a nice start to a really great show

So what are everyone's guesses about the nature of Mary Ann's talents? Doesn't appear to me to be a shape shifter like Sam, so what the heck is she?

Based on the ancient nature of her art, the Greek sculpture/bass relief near the pool, and the fact that she hadn't aged a day between the day Sam first met her and the present I'd say she's some sort of mythological character. Probably not a god; her interests are too worldly. But perhaps a lesser creature (like a titan, cyclops, medusa, etc).

If I had to guess what she is interested in its getting Tara (or herself) pregnant with some type of mythological offspring.

One meaningless thing I noticed from episode 1 was how unrealistic it was when Mary ann was riding young Sam. She was going up about 2 feet over his body. Either he shape shifted into John Holmes or their sex scene choreography was way off. Check it out next time you watch it

Are there witches in the books? I hope not but but I was thinking that Mary-Ann has some sort of major power so why not a witch?

Yes, but Mary-Ann is not a witch. Though Witches do play a major part in one of the books.

book spoilers...

yup, witches, but up until about book 6-7 (I forget where I'm at), they're very minor characters. Why do you dislike witches?

I guess I put that a little wrong. Not that I dislike them, I just don't think that I want them mixed into the show. :wacko: I don't know, kinda hard to explain why I feel this way.

Holy SPIT that was good. Wow, the writing seems to have taken a step up from last season. I like the cliffhanger.

That last scene was some high drama for sure . So far so good this year.

Do you think they turned Lafayette ?

Do you think the guy pursuing Tara has bad intentions ? Maryanne has Sam by the balls. I just wonder her motives. Is she going to just slowly torture him like this ? I wonder what the climax of that storyline will be .

I am not big on the Jason storyline so far. It does set up some good stuff down the road though since his sister is dating a Vampire.

Eric and his crew provide the violence or threat of violence. This show is great..

love the show, love the books! It looks to me like the show's creators/writers are intentionally going out of their way to develop minor characters from the books to allow themselves creative freedom while loosely following the original books' path. The good thing about this is that we don't neccesarily know what is going to happen, unlike in season 1.

love the show, love the books! It looks to me like the show's creators/writers are intentionally going out of their way to develop minor characters from the books to allow themselves creative freedom while loosely following the original books' path. The good thing about this is that we don't neccesarily know what is going to happen, unlike in season 1.

+1 Maryanne was hardly in the books at all, and when she was her character was much different. I think they will stay true to the main story line, but they are definitely branching out. My only real concern is that because of all the stuff they are adding in, they are only likely to cover a book per season, and I fear that the show might be canceled for whatever reason before it they get all of the story told. I mean, at this pace, it will be another 7 years before they get through all the books currently written, and I assume there are more to come. If that is the case, how do you keep an actor playing a vampire from aging over 7 years?

That last scene was some high drama for sure . So far so good this year.

Do you think they turned Lafayette ?

Do you think the guy pursuing Tara has bad intentions ? Maryanne has Sam by the balls. I just wonder her motives. Is she going to just slowly torture him like this ? I wonder what the climax of that storyline will be .

I am not big on the Jason storyline so far. It does set up some good stuff down the road though since his sister is dating a Vampire.

Eric and his crew provide the violence or threat of violence. This show is great..

I think they will, but maybe not just then. Layfayette as a vampire would be a GREAT sub-character. I think the actor bought himself a long-time role with the job he did last year.

My daughters were laughing thier butts off that the Eric/Bill confrontation was going down in "Forever 21".

I wonder if Bill HAS to kill that family? Some sort of secrecy pact the vampires have? His use of glamour on the child was very well done.

I'm sure he'll try to glamour them first, but if he kills them, that certainly the end of his and Sookie's relationship.

Do you think the Dad sexually molested the red head (I forget her name ) or just beat her ? I wasnt sure why Bill was so angry with him and looked like he was going to attack. Why do you (CR8) think he might have to kill them ?

Do you think the Dad sexually molested the red head (I forget her name ) or just beat her ? I wasnt sure why Bill was so angry with him and looked like he was going to attack. Why do you (CR8) think he might have to kill them ?

That's right where my thoughts were. Remember, Bill seems to kill those that deserve to be killed. He sure looks crazy angry there at the end but the Sookie relationship thing looks like that might hold him back.

My guess, Bill kills Jessicas father. Sookie tells Bill to take a hike. Eric and his crew end up coming after Jason and Sookie goes crying back to Bill.

Oh and inbetween, we see lots of tits and lots of banging of the preachers wife and Tara.

I'm not sold on him abusing the kids, per se. He probably disciplined them as his church instructed. And I wouldn't rely on what that crazy chick said. And I think Bill was just pissed in general. He's kind of a tool.

True. The only indicator is when she said "It only hurts a little at first" but she is a little nutty. The dad did show his colors though because he already started yelling at her and grabbing her 2 minutes after he saw her. That scene was one of the firts times you ever saw Bill lay into Sookie too.

I almost forgot one of my favorite parts from last night was when Sookie was listening to Maryannes thoughts. That was pretty wild. I wonder if Maryanne knew she could do that

My guess, Bill kills Jessicas father. Sookie tells Bill to take a hike. Eric and his crew end up coming after Jason and Sookie goes crying back to Bill.

Good point. Lafayette did sell out Jason to eric

so if Eric and crew go after Jason and find out that he was involved in the death of a vampire, well, Jason is screwed, yeah? Sookie/Bill would have to make one heck of an offer to keep a vamp-killer alive.

Unless what Eric says is true and Vampires know when you are lying. While Jason was involved he didnt actually drive the stake and was helping the vampire they killed towards the end by giving him true blood. It may not matter though. The abduction might be enough to screw him.