[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cajun Vampires and Were-spaniels

cre8tiff

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now we are back in action. :wacko:

No time to talk about this weeks show but for me they got things way back on track and I am once again looking way forward to next week.

Yes sir.

They moved the Maryanne storyline forward and showed Daphnes hand.

It started a little slow but from midway on it was awesome.

Great episode this week. This is one of the best shows I have ever followed. The Maryanne storyline slows things down a bit but all the vamp fellowship godric stuff this week was very entertaining.

Great episode this week. This is one of the best shows I have ever followed. The Maryanne storyline slows things down a bit but all the vamp fellowship godric stuff this week was very entertaining.

Spot on. I have no time for anything at this point of the year do to work but I make special time Sunday night to catch True Blood. I am very happy now with the way things are moving. I think they need to sheet of get of the pot with Maryanne already but really I think they are moving it to a very interesting part. I just wish they could get it there a little quicker.

The stuff with Bills maker was a little slow as well but I liked the way it all played out. All in all I can't wait for next week already.

agreed and I still don't understand what happened. If she had already released him, then how was she holding him?!

As his maker she simply was over powering him

so she was physically holding him? I dunno, he knew his true love was in a dangerous situation so I don't see why he wouldn't have tried to fight his way past. He did risk death by sun in the first season.

she even said it when he tried to get away. she said you cant over power me, I am your maker. Every time he tried she thwarted it with her speed and strngth. The only time he was able to get her was when she got distracted by Barry.

So they seem to be back on track with tighter shows and more interesting developments. Seems like they're getting close to wrapping up the Maryanne storyline, which makes me happy since it's too slow and not central to the story.

Do they have all the vamps and shifters attack en-masse? The only way I could see bringing her down is if you get a hundred vamps with swords and do some kind of two-line attack... just zip on bye and hope your sword makes contact.

Or is this where [book spoiler, sort, of since Maryanne's story took a completely different (and shorter) path]...

they bring in witches and do some kind of magic go away spell? Tho the witches were introduced in the book in a different story.

I wonder if they bring in the queen (Evan Rachel Wood) To help against her.

The Godrick Meeting the sun scene was awesome

Eric did Bill dirty with that trick he played on Sookie

They might, but I suspect even Dracula, Blade, and LeStat would be crushed by Maryanne. Isn't she a demi-god or something?

They may bring in Chuck Norris wearing a wolf shirt

I was not completely thilled with this past week. I don't mean that I hated it but I make time for one show a week and this is it. I want action from start to finish. I am sick of Maryanne unless they just really get into it with her. I did not like the actor that played Godric and I told my wife that he would not be around for long as he just doesn't do it for goofs like me. I like where the Sookie, Eric, Bill thing is going but I can see a threesome coming and I would rather they kick Bill or Eric to the curb and toss Jessica or some other hottie in there.

I thought it was pretty neat how they made Jessica a lifelong virgin. That would really suck but I guess she could stick a dildo up there as a work-around. :wacko:

Edited by Skippy

I've been watching the show regularly (never read any of the books), but haven't been around here for a while, so just doing some catching-up.

I agree that things got slow for a few episodes there, but it's picked up steam and I've enjoyed the last two episodes. Eric convincing Sookie to "save" him was awesome. Sookie is such a dumbazz. I can really see her and Eric getting it on soon. Bill and Eric seem headed for a show-down.

I thought it was pretty neat how they made Jessica a lifelong virgin. That would really suck but I guess she could stick a dildo up there as a work-around. :wacko:

Spot on here. Maybe they could have her get it popped first thing when she gets up, then she can really enjoy things much later in the evening.....it's like a bad version of Groundhog Day. Every time she's with that boob of a guy, me thinks that she's going to kill him. It's probably just a matter of time, but now it seems like the boys mama could be vamp meat.

I know that much has been answered about Maryanne, but I keep thinking back to when Tara was excorcised. The lady who supposodly performed the excorcism was viewed as a fraud....but maybe in fact she was not a fraud. Was Maryanne part of the demon that was removed from Tara? Maryanne is/was using Tara as a means to get to Sam.

we're finally moving again and I love that the show's writers have deviated enough from the book that, those of us that have read them, really don't know what's going to happen in the show. One bad point, Jason acting as Dionysus was pretty ghey.

Sam pretty much cleared up the whole Maryanne / Maynard discussion....

The whole chain of events at Merlotte's was fantastic. Jason really surprised last night. The Dionysis thing was silly, but the fact that the mob bought it was even sillier (I cracked up at the horns). It was also cool to see Bill and Jason come together and agree on Jason's next steps before he went off to Merlotte's.

The cliffhangers in this show are great.

I enjoyed the episode. The twist of Sookie having some sort of power over Maryanne was really great and unexpected and I cant wait to see how that develops. The Jason / Dionysus thing was a little much but was sort of funny and effective against people that are not in their right minds I suppose. That scene crossed over to the side of corny more than well written drama though. Other than that I liked the episode. When Bill bit Maryanne it was wild. Bringing Tara back was exciting too. Cant wait to see the queen and everyone join forces to bring maryanne down. They seem to have showed the hand that it will ultimately be Sookie that gets er done but watching everyone put it in place and use their supernatural ,or human in andy and Jasons case, powers is going to be awesome.,

Edited by whomper

I'm hooked on the show now also, but really just started this season.

Did I miss a bunch by not watching previous seasons?

Also - who is this "god" that is supposedly coming?

Last season was great and worth watching big time. You learn the characters and some of the history behind what you are seeing now but jumping in at season 2 doesnt put you at a big disadvantage. My brother did the same thing and he is following along just fine. Last year a lot of focus was on a serial killer in the town, Bon Temps, that they live in. Jason was a big part of last year as well. It was a great season

Maryanne is a Maenad

A Maenad is -- In Greek mythology, Maenads (Greek: Μαινάδες) were the inspired and frenzied female worshipers of Dionysus, the Greek god of mystery, wine, and intoxication, the Roman god Bacchus. Their name literally translates as "raving ones". They were known as wild, insane women who could not be reasoned with. The mysteries of Dionysus inspired the women to ecstatic frenzy; they indulged in copious amounts of violence, bloodletting, sexual activity, self-intoxication, and mutilation. They were usually pictured as crowned with vine leaves, clothed in fawnskins and carrying the thyrsus, and dancing with wild abandon.

I assume when she refers to the God she refers to Dionysus but I have a feeling we are not going to see him. She is really the one who the sacrafice is for because she has a beef with Sam.

Last season was great and worth watching big time. You learn the characters and some of the history behind what you are seeing now but jumping in at season 2 doesnt put you at a big disadvantage. My brother did the same thing and he is following along just fine. Last year a lot of focus was on a serial killer in the town, Bon Temps, that they live in. Jason was a big part of last year as well. It was a great season

Maryanne is a Maenad

A Maenad is -- In Greek mythology, Maenads (Greek: Μαινάδες) were the inspired and frenzied female worshipers of Dionysus, the Greek god of mystery, wine, and intoxication, the Roman god Bacchus. Their name literally translates as "raving ones". They were known as wild, insane women who could not be reasoned with. The mysteries of Dionysus inspired the women to ecstatic frenzy; they indulged in copious amounts of violence, bloodletting, sexual activity, self-intoxication, and mutilation. They were usually pictured as crowned with vine leaves, clothed in fawnskins and carrying the thyrsus, and dancing with wild abandon.

I assume when she refers to the God she refers to Dionysus but I have a feeling we are not going to see him. She is really the one who the sacrafice is for because she has a beef with Sam.

Cool. Thanks.

And do we know what that beef is with Sam or is that coming later? Not sure if that was in Season 1 or not.