[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cajun Vampires and Were-spaniels

cre8tiff

Cool. Thanks.

And do we know what that beef is with Sam or is that coming later? Not sure if that was in Season 1 or not.

It was earlier this season. They flashed back to Sam when he was young and he was breaking in to her home. She caught him in the act but was curious about him. She didnt punish him she ended up banging him. Then while she was showering her robbed her and took off. I dont think it was about the money. One of the other characters this year Daphne said " It was because you were the one that got away" He offered to pay her back but she laughed at him .

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A Maenad is -- In Greek mythology, Maenads (Greek: Μαινάδες) were the inspired and frenzied female worshipers of Dionysus, the Greek god of mystery, wine, and intoxication, the Roman god Bacchus. Their name literally translates as "raving ones". They were known as wild, insane women who could not be reasoned with. The mysteries of Dionysus inspired the women to ecstatic frenzy; they indulged in copious amounts of violence, bloodletting, sexual activity, self-intoxication, and mutilation. They were usually pictured as crowned with vine leaves, clothed in fawnskins and carrying the thyrsus, and dancing with wild abandon.

Unfortunately, we haven't seen Maryanne engage in sexual activity or self-intoxication, but she could definitely pass as a cougar.

It's weird, she only makes others do these acts, she's never really gotten into it herself.

Edited by justin

I assume when she refers to the God she refers to Dionysus but I have a feeling we are not going to see him. She is really the one who the sacrafice is for because she has a beef with Sam.

Dunno. Could be Bacchus, who was referenced in the book Bill had a flashback to.

Spoilers Below

Meh on the last episode before the finale. Big Meh. Was very very dissapointed in the queen. I knew she was pretty but expected some sense of class and mystery / power. Godric was a much more impressive figure than the queen. Jason is funny as hell . Sam is the best. I love how he is looking after the kids even with a big target on his back. The Eric scene with the kids was funny and Bill and Erics exchange was great. There was a lot of wasted airtime though . Sookie on the floor for 10 minutes was dumb. I am sure the finale will bring it and the season has been awesome but this episode didnt cut it IMO.

Edited by whomper

I have to agree I was underwhelmed. The queen's acting was really bad. I mean REALLY bad. Hopefully it gets better.

I'll be glad when the maenad plotline is closed. It has been drawn out a bit too long, IMHO.

Agree that Jason's character is getting a great bump with the humor.

I strongly agree with Whomp. The entire time I just kept waiting for something great to happen but nothing ever did.

I do wonder what Eric was suggesting when he said in the preview that "I will take care of Bill". The next episode, two weeks, has got to be a great one. I wonder if it is more than an hour?

I have to agree I was underwhelmed. The queen's acting was really bad. I mean REALLY bad. Hopefully it gets better.

I'll be glad when the maenad plotline is closed. It has been drawn out a bit too long, IMHO.

Agree that Jason's character is getting a great bump with the humor.

Personally I can't stand Bill's acting. 1st he doesn't sound indigenous to South LA, second he is just too wooden. In the books he is one of my favorite characters, but on the tv series, I really don't like him and it is primarily due to the actor no the character.

Personally I can't stand Bill's acting. 1st he doesn't sound indigenous to South LA, second he is just too wooden. In the books he is one of my favorite characters, but on the tv series, I really don't like him and it is primarily due to the actor no the character.

Alright dude, we need to find a thread to NOT agree on. This is spooky.

But, yeah, knowing the actor that plays Bill is British, and the actor that plays Jason is Aussie, Jason wins the accent battle hands down. Bill sux.

Alright dude, we need to find a thread to NOT agree on. This is spooky.

But, yeah, knowing the actor that plays Bill is British, and the actor that plays Jason is Aussie, Jason wins the accent battle hands down. Bill sux.

Jason is hilarious - I have never read the book but I think the actor who plays Bill is perfek. He isn't a true southener- the dude is ancient and isn't he originally a Eruo settler who came to America? he isn't going to have an Louisiana hick accent.

a few things spoiler below:

well done series but they keep throwing in lame chit that bugs me -

Jason with the horns and tricking all the locals was just dumb - Lafayette goes from a tough SOB to a whiny b1tch too easily - and Tara being handcuffed with fuzzy handcuffs to a wooden leg of a cheap coffee table? weak - cool show but seriously dragging a bit.

I feel like the hard-core edge, legit violence, or threat of it from season one is gone - paintball, nail guns and chit - everyone just kind of rolls around town - nothing is really happening

Jason is hilarious - I have never read the book but I think the actor who plays Bill is perfek. He isn't a true southener- the dude is ancient and isn't he originally a Eruo settler who came to America? he isn't going to have an Louisiana hick accent.

The books indicate he is from Bon Temps and grew up there in his father's house. He became a vampire while returning home from the civil war, so while old he isn't ancient like Erick or Godrick.

well done series but they keep throwing in lame chit that bugs me -

Jason with the horns and tricking all the locals was just dumb - Lafayette goes from a tough SOB to a whiny b1tch too easily - and Tara being handcuffed with fuzzy handcuffs to a wooden leg of a cheap coffee table? weak - cool show but seriously dragging a bit.

+1

The thing that really annoyed me was the big egg in the bed. Come on. :wacko::D Talk about over the top.

I also thought the vampire queen of Louisiana should be more queen-like, or more like royalty. She just seemed like some spoiled rich chick.

Edited by Wolverines Fan

I also thought the vampire queen of Louisiana should be more queen-like, or more like royalty. She just seemed like some spoiled rich chick.

That really bothered me. I mean I was expecting something really out of this world. Not some nymph like hottie that just acts like the brat down the street that needs smacked in the mouth. I thought at the very least that she would unleash crazy powers and insight but really she didn't seem like anything special.

• 2 weeks later...

All in all an enjoyable season. IMO The best thing about the season was Godric and when he went in flames on that roof the season peaked. The 2nd to last week wasnt that great and the finale was decent. The queen sucks

Yeah, i liked the Godric/Dallas-clan stuff.

I'm very glad they're exploring Sam's and Sookie's abilities now instead of waiting like they did in the books. Lafayette continues to be awesome.

From the preview for next season, it suggests that Bill's been killed and probably by Eric. Or maybe Bill's psycho maker/ex-gf? Either way, sorry, but I'd be happy about that. I don't really care for the character in books or TV.

I wonder if they will launch full into the "were-war" plot? They may hold that back until season four

Edited by cre8tiff

If they don't do that, what will they do? Witches? I like the were storyline more.

Tho I think I'd rather them go into the Vampire Politics stuff, marriage, the big meeting, etc.

It's probably too soon to do Sookie's family history, but I would like her continue developing her 'gift' more.

Anyone play D&D when they were a kid? I could see Sookie and Jason "rolling" their characters...

Sookie: So we're 1/8th mythical creatures. Ok. neat. Oooh, I want the mental powers, mind reading, and stuff!

Jason: coolio. I wanna do chicks.

ROFL :wacko:

season 1 rocked, season 2 slowed way down and the last half was pretty lame

last year was a kick-ass, edgy, violent show that was intense. This year everyone got soft and kinda ghey

I hope they rebound big-time next season

it reminds me of Lost in a way -an awesome year 1 followed by a weak season 2 that failed to deliver. Lost bounced back in a big way, let's hope TB does too

I'll agree with you guys that season 2 peaked when they rescued Godric at the church. Killing off Maryann dragged out a bit too much to the point it became anti-climatic in the finale. However, I still think these is the best show on TV; and some of the disappointment might have to do with expectations that didn't exist during Season 1.

Be interesting to see what Season 3 brings; they'll need to do something besides introducing a new villain and killing them off at the end.

I was VERY disappointed by the finale. I thought it was a good thing at first, but now I think they may be straying a little too far from the books.

I'm still on the fence with how they're portraying the queen and think I'll just reserve judgement until they actually develop the character. In general I agree they've made her a little too bratty(although if I had been around for 2000 years maybe I'd be bored and bratty too). They showed a flash in the scene where she put Eric in his place and threatened to wear his fangs as earrings, if they take her more in that direction, I think she'll end up a really good character on the show.

I agree, but I think I've come to terms with the fact that the books only provided a solid foundation.

I'm with you. I posted awhile ago that it was nice to not know exactly what was going to happen. Unfortunately, too often in TV or movies that are based on novels, they stray a little too far and really lose the essance of what they're trying to portray. I have yet to read one of the novels that I didn't have a hard time putting down until I was done with it, I'd like to be able to say the same about the show, but they really lost something this season. I'm hoping for a strong bounceback next season.

That makes it appear so, but actually she's not. It's knid of like when a music artist uses a riff or beat or line from another song, they must acknowledge credit for it. Since every show has something taken directly from the books they must acknowledge credit. I saw an an interview with her where she said that while she loves the show and is occaisionally consulted she doesn't "tell him how to do his show, he doesn't tell me how to write my books"

Someone posted somewhere, must have been this thead but I am too lazy to look it up, that they showed previews for next season. Is that true? Did they indeed show that Bill Compton was killed? Or are we just thinking that maybe he was killed based on the last minute of the show?