[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

BCS Discussion Thread

Rockerbraves

Or not. I mean, who's Colley and why should I think his computer rankings should matter any more than anything else? I mean, I'm sure this list has its merits but...

Why, for instance, is USC ahead of OU. Both have a loss, but USC lost to a worse team. Both have been murdering opponents, but you can hardly say that USC has being doing so vs stronger teams. Now, they have allowed less points, but they've also played some insanely horrible teams. What "unbiased" criteria does USC have over OU?

I might look at both teams and say I think USC is better, but that's beside the point.

Right or wrong the Colley system doesn't look at margin of victory.

Seriously who have the Sooners really beaten this season? USC does have the win over the Buckeyes. Would imagine the Sooner rankings will change over the course of the next two weeks.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And the BCS took a rash of poop for that fiasco. I seriously doubt they'd want that to happen again. The BCS keeps reinventing its rules as lame things like a team getting its ass kicked in the conference championship, only to get into the NC game and get their ass kicked there as well.

So, while you see OU making it after that loss as precedent, it really isn't.

LMAO, OU lost to LSU 21-14, on a defensicve TD, and OU was inside the LSU 20 with under 3 minutes to go to potentially tie the score. Hardly got their ass kicked in that game, LSU was clearly out of gas at the end, but for some reason OU quit running the ball right down their throat once they got inside the 20, and missed on 4 straight pass attempts, one with the runningback wide open, over throwing him that would have been a easy 6. No excuses they lost, but get real when is losing 21-14 an ass kicking. Clearly you are mistaken....

Right or wrong the Colley system doesn't look at margin of victory.

Seriously who have the Sooners really beaten this season? USC does have the win over the Buckeyes. Would imagine the Sooner rankings will change over the course of the next two weeks.

TCU is giving up 35 yards a game on the ground. By far best in the nation, they would kick OSU's ass. And to answer your question with a question, who has OSU beaten? Seriously, who? If you are going to give SC credit for this win, then ask who has OU beaten, wouldnt it make sense for OSU to have beaten at least somebody for this to be a quality win for SC?

LMAO, OU lost to LSU 21-14, on a defensicve TD, and OU was inside the LSU 20 with under 3 minutes to go to potentially tie the score. Hardly got their ass kicked in that game, LSU was clearly out of gas at the end, but for some reason OU quit running the ball right down their throat once they got inside the 20, and missed on 4 straight pass attempts, one with the runningback wide open, over throwing him that would have been a easy 6. No excuses they lost, but get real when is losing 21-14 an ass kicking. Clearly you are mistaken....

OU losing by 7 is an ass-kicking whenever OU is clearly the best team in the country regardless of what they do on the field. Which, according to you is basically every year. So, you're point?

Seriously, the NC game "ass kicking" was just to get your goat. The point remains, I can assure you that the BCS doesn't want to revisit the embarrassment that came from allowing OU a free pass on losing their own conference final right before the NC game. Hell, the voters saw to it that mistake would not be repeated when they jumped FL: over Michigan two years ago. Allowing Alabama in over FL if FL beats them in the SEC final would be a major, major black eye for the BCS. There is simply no question about it and anyone who points to the OU situation will simply be reminded that just because they botched it before, doesn't mean they need to botch it again.

OU losing by 7 is an ass-kicking whenever OU is clearly the best team in the country regardless of what they do on the field. Which, according to you is basically every year. So, you're point?

Seriously, the NC game "ass kicking" was just to get your goat. The point remains, I can assure you that the BCS doesn't want to revisit the embarrassment that came from allowing OU a free pass on losing their own conference final right before the NC game. Hell, the voters saw to it that mistake would not be repeated when they jumped FL: over Michigan two years ago. Allowing Alabama in over FL if FL beats them in the SEC final would be a major, major black eye for the BCS. There is simply no question about it and anyone who points to the OU situation will simply be reminded that just because they botched it before, doesn't mean they need to botch it again.

We clearly see ass kickings much differently.

See only OU, or whatever helps OU, is an ass kicking. OU losing, or any win by someone else that doesnt help OU, is a fluke. :wacko:

Edited by Sgt Ryan

We clearly see ass kickings much differently.

See only OU, or whatever helps OU, is an ass kicking. OU losing, or any win by someone else that doesnt help OU, is a fluke. :wacko:

Well USC really laid quite a "fluke" on them a few years back, didn't they?

Maybe your Sooners quit running because they couldn't? 52 total yards on 33 rushes. However I can see why you might second guess Stoops since your Sooners didn't do any better in the air gaining just 102 yards. :wacko:

Maybe your Sooners quit running because they couldn't? 52 total yards on 33 rushes. However I can see why you might second guess Stoops since your Sooners didn't do any better in the air gaining just 102 yards. :wacko:

Sacks count for rushing yards you goon. And White was sacked often early, but late they ran at will and then just stopped trying and passed instead. Whtie also had a broekn wrist in this game, he shouldnt have been on the field.

Sacks count for rushing yards you goon. And White was sacked often early, but late they ran at will and then just stopped trying and passed instead. Whtie also had a broekn wrist in this game, he shouldnt have been on the field.

Of course sacks count why shouldn't they? :wacko:

Not sure what your defintion of an ass-whipping, but mine is when one team wins the game and more than doubles the other teams offensive production.

Edited by Rockerbraves

Of course sacks count why shouldn't they? :wacko:

Not sure what your defintion of an ass-whipping, but mine is when one team more than doubles the other teams offense production.

Sacks are the reason the rushing yards look that anemic. Not that OU did much in the first half running the ball, but clearly it was better than you claimed. As Usual.

And it took a defensive TD plus double the teams offensive production to win by 7. WOW....

Lets just say the only shot LSU had was White to be hurt. LSU would have given up 30 if he was healthy.

Edited by Sgt Ryan

Are you certain? Because the count against passing yards in the pros. Not sure how they're factored in for college, mind you.

Im certain. Next time you question me, why dont you look it up first, or know the answer, before you just spew out the mouth.

Wow, someone's a bit touchy. Seriously, just asking. In the NFL it's passing yards. Easy Francis.

Oh, and as for "questioning you"? Get over yourself. You've spewed enough baseless crap on these boards that pretty much nothing you say should be taken for granted.

Uncle Ryan, tell us that story again about how Boise St and WVU didn't belong on the same field as OU. Tell it your way, though, not the way where the Sooners went home with yet another January Bowl loss.

Why do you want Sarge's goat....seriously

Got to think Texas Tech is out of BCS NC discussion no matter what even if every team in contention (Bama, OK, TX, FL, USC) were to get upset. If the rash of upsets were to happen would think since both Penn State and Utah (who have wrapped up their regular seasons) either one or both would get in over Tech.

Edited by Rockerbraves

Got to think Texas Tech is out of BCS NC discussion no matter what even if every team in contention (Bama, OK, TX, FL, USC) were to get upset. If the rash of upsets were to happen would think since both Penn State and Utah (who have wrapped up their regular seasons) either one or both would get in over Tech.

If Okie St beats OU somehow, then Tech could go the the BIG 12 CG and win...to your point, I think they still should not get in after last night!

I say...go Ok St, Auburn and FSU at this point, then we will have a real mess with:

Team/ # Loss

USC 1

Tex 1

Bama 1/2

UF 3/2

OU 2

PSU 1

Utah 0

Boise 0

OU and UF would be out rather than what everyone is predicting today for the NC game.

Tex/SC did not win their conf.

Bama could be at 1 loss or out of topic

PSU could somehow get in

Utah would be bent.....or they could win it all

If Okie St beats OU somehow, then Tech could go the the BIG 12 CG and win...to your point, I think they still should not get in after last night!

Just saying with Penn State and Utah wrapping up their regular season Tech is probably out even if they end up being the only one loss team from the Big 12, SEC or Pac10.

Just saying with Penn State and Utah wrapping up their regular season Tech is probably out even if they end up being the only one loss team from the Big 12, SEC or Pac10.

Are you suggesting that PSU and Utah will be ahead of them in the polls and with TT having only Baylor and possibly Mizzou left they have no chance of climbing back into it? If so, I think I agree. Tech should get slammed in the polls after that mess last night. In fact, if not for the major love for the Big XII this year they could fall all the way to 9 behind Boise St as well.

Are you suggesting that PSU and Utah will be ahead of them in the polls and with TT having only Baylor and possibly Mizzou left they have no chance of climbing back into it? If so, I think I agree. Tech should get slammed in the polls after that mess last night. In fact, if not for the major love for the Big XII this year they could fall all the way to 9 behind Boise St as well.

Fall all the way to 9, eh?

Make no mistake about it, they got their wass whipped by a much better team last night. But that begs the question, which is worse: getting trounced on the road by a top 5 team, possibly the best in the country or getting beat by at home by an unranked team.

UF is a great team, but if they can still be in the thick of things when their loss was to an inferior team, why can't Tech still be a top 5 team after getting beat by an awesome OU team.

Fall all the way to 9, eh?

Make no mistake about it, they got their wass whipped by a much better team last night. But that begs the question, which is worse: getting trounced on the road by a top 5 team, possibly the best in the country or getting beat by at home by an unranked team.

UF is a great team, but if they can still be in the thick of things when their loss was to an inferior team, why can't Tech still be a top 5 team after getting beat by an awesome OU team.

Getting beat and looking as if you've been exposed as a total fraud are two very different things. And like I said, "if not for the major love for the Big XII this year they could fall all the way to 9". I did not say they will drop to 9. I said they could if everyone were not in love with the perceived strength of their conference.