[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Disc Golf

T-Man

I love disc golf. However, I haven't been to any courses outside of Cincinnati, and there's only 3 here that I know of. Nothing worth traveling for. wink

I've heard the game is big in the Northwestern states.

Black Doggy:

I love disc golf. However, I haven't been to any courses outside of Cincinnati, and there's only 3 here that I know of.  Nothing worth traveling for.    wink  

I've heard the game is big in the Northwestern states.

The game is huge in Texas, 95 courses at last count! Favorite courses that I have played:

1. Pease Park (Austin, TX)

2. Veteran's Park (Arlington, TX)

3. Winthrop University (Rock Hill, SC) cool_thu

Basically speaking, it is played like ball golf except with a disc (brother to the frisbee). Same scoring and etiquette, but a 'hole lot cheaper and IMO a lot more fun. Check out the PDGA (Professional Disc Golf Association) website

www.pdga.com :cool:

HUGH ONE:

Ignorant east coaster who had no idea what the heck you guys are talking about. Show a brother some love. This Disc Golf you speak of, what is this?

Usually in a public park down here, it is basically frisbee golf. The standard frisbee has been replaced with the disc that can be used for "tee shots" hooks, putters etc depending on how many you want to buy. I own two. There are baskets about 3 feet high you tray and land the disc in.

BradR:

What does a set of clubs cost?   :D  

That's another beautiful thing about disc golf. On average a new disc will run about $12. I personally carry 15 discs, but a lot of college and high school players play with one and have a blast! :cool:

I've got about a dozen discs in my car's trunk. Vary in price from 8 to 15 bucks. I usually only take 2 out though. My long range driver, Cheetah, and a mid-range/approach, Stratus.

By the way, with what drivers have you all had the best results?

I've tried the Leopard, Valkyrie, Eagle, and Cheetah. The only one I seem to do well with is the Cheetah which I can consistantly throw @300-330 feet. Assuming I don't hit any trees... wall_bas

I didn't realize how many disc golf courses were in Cincy. Go to cincinnatidiscgolf.com, there's a ton of 'em. Healthy league play too.

• 3 weeks later...
JCMElway:

Hey,

I'm in Austin, TX.  Did you ever get out to Mary Searight Park?  I like it better than Pease myself.

Jason

Yea. Made a road trip and played both courses. Searight was cool, but so are most of the courses in Austin. jump