[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Eagles fans - fearful of dark ages?

xMRogers

May just be (another) sub-par year, but with the obvious move to remove McNabb today from the future plans, and a complete lack of belief in Kolb, plus an offensive line starting to wear and a defense that is performing for the most part pretty damn good...but can't do it by themselves

I'm fearful of a return to the pre-Reid era where a playoff spot was great and 7-9 was expected

Curious of other eagles fan's reactions right now...

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I already commented in the other 2 Eagles threads.

To replace a QB like McNabb with a scrub like Kolb is a shame and disturbing as an Eagles fan.

And Reid has spent enough time building a contender. I doubt he will ever actually win anything as a head coach. His personl and play calling will always be his down. Just another Shottenheimer.

To replace a QB like McNabb with a scrub like Kolb is a shame and disturbing as an Eagles fan.

And Reid has spent enough time building a contender. I doubt he will ever actually win anything as a head coach. His personl and play calling will always be his down. Just another Shottenheimer.

Reid has been horrible this year....I think I could deal with Schotty :wacko:

If only McNabb had some WR's earlier.

All is not lost. If the Eagles do decide to move on without McNabb they could test the trading waters and see if they could get a 1st or 2nd rounder for him. That would potentially give them 3 first rounders in next years draft to re-load with talent. Of course, you have to make solid draft picks which reid doesn't always do. One thing is for sure. Making a QB change as stupid as the one today could potentially bring on the dark ages faster than expected.

They also better draft and groom a RB of the future asap. Westy is starting to break down and will be 30 soon.

All is not lost. If the Eagles do decide to move on without McNabb they could test the trading waters and see if they could get a 1st or 2nd rounder for him. That would potentially give them 3 first rounders in next years draft to re-load with talent. Of course, you have to make solid draft picks which reid doesn't always do. One thing is for sure. Making a QB change as stupid as the one today could potentially bring on the dark ages faster than expected.

They also better draft and groom a RB of the future asap. Westy is starting to break down and will be 30 soon.

You don't think every GM in the league doesn't know that McNabb is not likely to be back in Philly next year. No way does any team give a first rounder for him, probably not even a 2nd rounder.

Remind me again ... what was Randy Moss worth in trade?

You don't think every GM in the league doesn't know that McNabb is not likely to be back in Philly next year. No way does any team give a first rounder for him, probably not even a 2nd rounder.

Remind me again ... what was Randy Moss worth in trade?

True indeed but it depends how much a team wants him and how much they are willing to give up. Minny is obviously the ideal team with a win now attitude but I would be surprised if the Eagles traded with a NFC team.

Yeah, it's not looking so good for us Eagles fans.

There are a lot of QBs coming out in the 2009 draft. If we can get something half decent for McNabb (2nd, 3rd or 4th round pick-- am I smoking crack or is that realistic?), package some picks and move way up in the draft for a new franchise QB if the Eagles braintrust sees a winner in the bunch. They did pick McNabb and despite the past couple of years, hard to argue he hasn't been one of the better QBs in the league over his career. With whatever high picks are left over, grab a young offensive lineman. DeSean Jackson is a nice start at WR so let's not worry too much about the WR problem at this point.

The next few years will be tough, but let's just admit that they are not going anywhere as it stands. Many within the organization are high on Kolb. So Let them take the rest of the season to see how he can play in multiple environments and if they determine he may not be the starter we need, impliment the plan stated above.

Edited by TDFFFreak

I still think McNabb gives them the best chance to win this year. They played a good defense this week. Reid and Management might not see it that way. I saw on the ESPN ticker that they discussed benching him last week. Is McNabb done in Philly and has he started his last game there? I guess we will find out this week.

BTW - I am sure Childress was texting him in the 4th quarter.

I still think McNabb gives them the best chance to win this year. They played a good defense this week. Reid and Management might not see it that way. I saw on the ESPN ticker that they discussed benching him last week. Is McNabb done in Philly and has he started his last game there? I guess we will find out this week.

BTW - I am sure Childress was texting him in the 4th quarter.

That may be true, but this year is done as in stick a fork in 'em. We need to look towards the future and see if Kolb is the man going forward.

McNabb deserves better than this. I am a huge fan of the guy, but even if he has a couple of good years left in him, I am not sure that it will be enough to take Philly over the top. As painful as it is to admit, I think it's time to look ahead at the next chapter of Eagles football and McNabb is probably not a part of it. This guy has been a class act and a very good football player, but too inconsistent over the past couple of seasons between injury and play. He deserves a championship, but I don't see it happening in Philly. :wacko:

That may be true, but this year is done as in stick a fork in 'em. We need to look towards the future and see if Kolb is the man going forward.

McNabb deserves better than this. I am a huge fan of the guy, but even if he has a couple of good years left in him, I am not sure that it will be enough to take Philly over the top. As painful as it is to admit, I think it's time to look ahead at the next chapter of Eagles football and McNabb is probably not a part of it. This guy has been a class act and a very good football player, but too inconsistent over the past couple of seasons between injury and play. He deserves a championship, but I don't see it happening in Philly. :wacko:

This might end up good for everyone. Hopefully McNabb gets traded and gets a fresh start. He'll have a 2-3 year window to try for a SB if he lands on the right team.

If the Eagles decide to go with Kolb don't make the same mistakes you did with McNabb. Give the guy a committed power running game and oh yeah try getting a legit no. 1 WR too. You can't expect the guy to succeed without the right tools. And if B-West doesn't get healthy soon things could get worse. Like 6-9-1 worse.